Customs: What are your hobbies?(Beside the frankenstiening of small transformable toys.)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TonyzCustomz, Oct 15, 2008.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figured this would be anitehr good conversation thread to start.

What are your hobbies?

Do you secretly play a level 20 Dwarf on Friday nights, or are you more of the Mini type waging small wars with miature such as the like of Warhammer. Or are you perhaps a Gundam Junky with 20 Perfct grade Kits built and scattered around your house? I wanna Know! Post pics of your stuff too. I wanna see it!

Me? I am a man of many hobbies. I am a recent Maschinen Krieger addict as well as a general Mech Junky (preferably Armored Core Kits and Zoids Master Kits). I also am the worlds biggest Starship Trooper(More the book than the movie) Fan with an army of miniature Bugs and MI as well as quite a few Warhammer 40K minis.

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Great topic! Well my main hobby is of course TFs, but I do fiddle around with Super hero figures from time to time. I am currently brushing up on my casting skills, as well as a general improvement in my skill set regarding model building/kitbashing.

I have been playing guitar for 23 years (!!!!!) and can play bass, drums, some keys and I can fake my way through a couple more instruments! Music will always be a part of my life, it is at the moment not so much in the forefront.

I collect, buy, sell, and trade Hot Wheels cars too. I like the work put in them, for a buck ya can't go wrong!

My girlfriend and I also do art shows where we sell slate vases I make and those slate rock oil candles we both make. Really cool stuff and quite nice profit margin too!

I enjoy home remodeling and construction, I was a stone/brick/block mason for 15 years and still enjoy the occasional DIY home improvement project.

I am an avid crossword and Sodoku maniac! I love to read as well. I love Dean Koonts, Phillip K. Dick, Ben Bova. Sci-Fi stuff. Graphic novels. You name it!

I am a pretty good artist (pencils, inks, my coloring is for sh#t!) I draw mostly 80s-90s Marvel style (Adams, Byrne, Buscema) and write short stories too. I would love to write and pencil my own graphic novel of short "pulpy" style stories one day!

I think I am just an all around tinkerer. I love learning. I love problem solving, I enjoy using my hands and always need a creative outlet. I believe this is why I'm so attracted to our main hobby, bashing. It fulfills all the requirements of mind, body, soul!

Well, that's me in a nutshell!! Let's hear from all of you!:thumbs2: 

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Painting...2D pictures, traditional media. Which is why I love little 3D toys to paint. (edit...since you asked for pics!) These are relatively large acrylic paintings (approx 4 feet wide) on wood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also video editing, mostly wedding videos, or adding music to photos for people...totally amateur stuff, but I do like doing it.

Music...I can play piano, but haven't in a long time, now trying to learn drums.

Videogames...mostly casual stuff, like wii and Rock Band, some online stuff, but mostly offline multiplayer with my neighbors.

Great topic!

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm an aspiring fiction writer.

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Some things I enjoy

Music: I am a wannabe guitar player for 10+ years, though being left-handed makes it more difficult.

Video-Games: I enjoy(ed) MMORPGs (when I had the time) was an avid player of Everquest 2 for a loooong time, also played WoW, DaoC, AoC, LOTRo, and a few others...

Cooking

Art: I've done countless comic book pencils and illustrations, also love doing children's book illustrations.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

-I enjoy drawing. i've got a bunch of original characters and a story involving them.

-I'm trying to teach myself bass guitar..which isnt going so good.

-I plan on getting a tattoo apprenticeship.I'd love to have my own tattoo shop one day.
    plus I draw tattoos for friends and friends of friends.Used to do it back in college for cigarette money.lol.

-Fan of FPS,RPGs , fighting , survival-horror games.also love RockBand 2.

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I enjoy working on cars. I like fixing them up and stuff like that.

I had a 54 Chevy once, but when I bought my house some years ago, I gave it to my dad to restore cause I just couldn't afford to do both.

I did however later on acquire a 1981 Chevy Malibu. Took out the crappy v6 and switched it over to a built (by my self with help from dad) a very nice 400 with headers, Edelbrock stuff galore, H-pipe....all that backed by a rebuilt 350 trans with a nice shift kit and stall. Converted the rear end to a posi, changed it over to manual steering (trying to save some ponies) e-fan....all the goodies.

Got it up and running, took it out for a spin and it actually scared the crap out of me.

So I sold it and bought myself a little four banger S10....life in the slow lane....love it!!...although I am intrigued by the Turbo....just might have to hook one up on the Dime just to see....:D 

8. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I like reading (Sci-Fi, fantasy, or whatever), listening to music, and videogames (you can find me on Kongregate). I tried writing some stuff for a while, but I need loneliness to write, and (un)fortunately I am not alone anymore.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This looks soooo cool!!

I love looking at Graffiti on train cars and buildings.

Very nice work!!

10. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm a music junkie as much as i'm a TF junkie. I am/was PC gamer before I got into Kitbashing.
    Sadly I had just upgraded my computer before my first plastic crack fix *shakes fist at PK*
    Now I'm sitting on a
    Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz,
    4 gig of matched ram,
    2 SLI Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT's (Alpha Dog Editions),
    Nvidia XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Mobo,
    1000watt modular PSU with 750 gigs of HD space.

All for surfing the net and PS CS3. I like to go the overkill route whenever I can :lol 
    I still play CS:S & DOD every now and then & any game that I know will test my system.

Aside from that my job keeps me fairly busy during the winter months to be able to do much else.

11. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    haha NP, sounds like my PC - built for games.

12. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Woodworking and all around just building stuff.

Homebrew - can be lots of fun once you have the right equipment. Its a money pit with all the stuff you can buy, but its still fun. (your friends love you for it too because I give most of it away)

Comic books.

Cycling, althoug since the baby came, I don't get to do it as much.

I used to paint and draw a lot, not so much anymore.

13. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I draw and play video games, mostly. I sometimes enjoy just going for walks. I'm boooooorrrrrrrring D:

Would love to get into PC gaming, but poorman me can't afford a decent PC for things like that.

14. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

well i paint everthing except for pictures and houses .i can draw a little. i also sculpt sometimes

i used to be an avid guitarist and songwriter. however in the past few years i hav lost intrest in that. built several custom guitars mostly for sound/tone rather than looks though

i have said it a few times on here but i build model kits as well. used to do alot of cars placed in a couple of shows . now i am totally sick of model cars. so now it is scifi military and nautical. nautical adds some class to your house somehow

i was just introduced to Krieger so i plan a diaroma for that. i have also started to paint reaper mini's and warhammer so to broaden my painting technique. and last but not least is resin casting. resin casting is like the yellow sun to superman. it can give the modeler super powers.

below is a warmachine figure i am working on

[​IMG]

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Mostly art stuff for me, I love drawing and painting, and occasionally model building (currently knocking out a classic volcano for my girlfriend's scouts' Mad Scientists Week :p ).

Love going to gigs, although I haven't been to one for far too long.

I used to RP and wargame; I'm an ex-D&D and Warhammer 40K player, and I'm currently trying to write a decent set of really universal rules for tabletop gaming. From what's been playtested, they've gone down pretty well, although I still have a lot of gaps to fill.

I'm into the Tarot; mostly just for me - I don't usually do readings for other people, although I have on occasion. Trying to design a personal deck (TF themed, natch :p ).

I also have lots of ideas for writing projects that never go anywhere. I've been talked by a bunch of pub buddies into having a go at NaNoWriMo, so I'll hopefully be spending a decent amount of November trying to bash out a plot that's been bubbling fruitlessly for ages.

16. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Almost everything, at least in short bursts. I'm concentrating on career stuff at the moment, but a couple of months ago I was learning guitar, singing, Tai Chi, yoga, some of that Pilates stuff, had joined a badminton club (as you do), was fiddling with 3D programs, getting a recreational-boat captain's licence etc.

There was at least one point in my life where I temporarily moved to a new city and was simultaneously taking courses in electronics, cooking, meat-networking, psychology, guitar, Tai Chi, singing, novel writing, pilates, and cooking, joined a Linux user group for the weekly meetings, and on a whim, flew to the other side of the planet to see people I'd never met and attend a BotCon. I built a personal karaoke machine in an hour and gave my first ever live performance that night, drew pictures of cats, and watched the sun rise and set.

Since then, I've designed a 12-changer, planned out a Mexican transoceanic canal and how to build it in under a year, saved multiple employers millions of dollars, blueprinted a credit union for MMORPG players, blocked out a suite of corporate networking software, become the Asia-Pacific distributor for a global revolutionary technology, constructed a complete plan for lunar colonisation, sketched the outline for a SF novel, come up with a new visual paradigm for GPS screens and other geocentric information, Frankensteined a nonhuman avatar which is half cougar, half spider, and half orang-utan, ploughed through a dozen or more novels in the supernatural chick-lit genre, written pages of notes on esoteric subspace interfaces, mapped out the likely social effects of the invention of teleportation, redesigned a house-building robot, and took a year off.

It would probably help if I could actually keep focused on one thing for more than a couple of months at a time, though.

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    You forgot stand up comedian!:lol :lol  You can't be serious, nobody can make it through a dozen chick-lit books!!:lol :lol 

18. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lots of stuff. Mainly, I play loads and loads of videogames to write for a magazine (the biggest one in Sweden). Currently I'm playing World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles and Mirror's Edge. Obviously this takes a lot of my time...

I also like drawing, but I don't really have the time for it currently. It's mostly when I'm away and don't have access to my other stuff that I can find the time and peace of mind to do it.

As much as my work schedule permits, I'm practising jodo, a martial arts style using a staff. It's the only physical stuff I do and it's really fun.

19. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well besides TF customs i also do joe customs, play pc video games. love horror movies. hangn with the wife and my dog camo. chillien with my bud and joe geek friends on the weekend. other then that my life is boring lol.

20. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

Great topic!
    I am a gear head and I modify cars in my spare time. I have a modified Evo 8 that is my daily driver and a 1 generation Eagle Talon drag car.
    I also like to build scale models mostly WW2 Japanese aircraft.
    I can draw as well but I do not show my work.
    I like to play my 360 I can usually be found playing Annex games in GOW, other than that ???