What Are Your Feelings Towards Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 10, 2009.

?

What Are Your Feelings Toward hot Rod/Rodimus Prime?

1. I Like Him--He is a great character.

90 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. I Don't Like Him--He's an annoying character an it's his fault Optimus died.

41 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I wish you'd quit holding back and let us know how you really feel!

:lolol 

3. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

I think he sucks.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I wanted to keep it toned down so as not to offend those poor souls who like him.

5. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

Still my fave character of all time. I started watching transformers from the movie, so was not to familiar with characters and episodes from previous seasons. I caught up with these later...

The scene when Hot Rod opens the matrix and turns into Rodimus Prime still gives me goose bumps! He kicked Galvatron's and Unicron's ass! He had so much potential god dammit!!

I was so eager to then see what happens in the next season only to find out that the writers turned him into the Biggest loser just to keep the optimus fans happy. Sure he had his moments but generally he was not given the scope he deserved! On top of that we were given one of the lousiest toys in transformer history! Is this how you treat "The Chosen One"???

Oh well, I could go on forever. The truth is this character will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope we get a great new update of the toy in the classics\universe line and also get to see a great character in Animated.

6. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Eh... I think Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime is a pretty cool guy.

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't think Prime was going to grant Megatron mercy. I got a strong vibe he was actually going to kill him.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I couldn't agree any more.

9. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Prime should have just taken the shot.

10. y2jas

y2jas Member

Good Post. I hope Hot Rod features in the Transformers movie 3 a Ferrari would be a good alt mode.

Maybe we should all post in the Hey Roberto thread to ensure he makes it! lol

The reasons I liked Hot Rod was because when the chips were down and there was no real hope left, he was daring enough to take the bull by the horns. He had some real shining moments in the animated movie too.

Attacking the Decepticons at the beginning showed his recklessness. He had a playful charisma about him, and a lot of energy. His dynamic with Kup worked very well and Kup was an interesting character in his own right.

His coming of age story of a young hot headed Autobot who rose through the ranks to replace Optimus and stop both Galvatron and Unicron was quite an achievement. I liked the fact that there had always been more than one Prime, and there would continue to be more Primes. It would be unfeasible for Optimus to live forever.

I would love to see Hot Rod in Transformers movie 3 as a Ferrari, lets make Roberto aware of it in his thread ;) 

11. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well i liked him a first but now after some time thinking about it. I hate him.

Hate him enough to burn him and break the G1 toy of him.

12. y2jas

y2jas Member

For me it was the other way around I had watched all of G1, then I saw the movie and he became my fave pretty much from the first scene of the movie! Him and Ultramagnus were visually appealing and great personalities too.

13. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:

When I saw Transformers: The Movie back in 1986 and saw all of my favorite Autobots and Decepticons killed off, I hated most of the new characters, Ultra Magnus being the only exception. You had these warriors that fought for eons all of a sudden dying left and right, while the new guys somehow made it out without a scratch? I knew then at the age of 13 that it was a case of out with the old, in with the new for marketing purposes.

Optimus Prime is my favorite Transformer of all time, but the funny thing is, he wasn't back then. Prowl used to be my fave. I kinda didn't like Optimus the first two seasons, but was coming around to him by the time the movie came out. Seeing him killed off and missing his presence throughout most of Season 3 made me appreciate him. I HATED Hot Rod/Rodimus with a passion.

First, the little turdbot got Optimus killed, then he gets rewarded with the Matrix of Leadership? Talk about salt on the wound. I probably would have been ok with things if Ultra Magnus remained leader of the Autobots.

Then, to make matters worse, Rodimus Prime turns out to be a whiny-ass b*tch. "Ooh, it's hard being Autobot Commander", "Why can't I be like you, Optimus?", "Here, Magnus, you can have the Matrix and lead".

Damn, I was glad when Optimus came back and pimp-slapped Rodimus around.

It's been over 20 years, and my hatred/resentment of the character has lessend considerably, but I can't say I'm fond of Hot Rod/Rodimus. Though I will say that if Takara/Tomy made a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime, I'd buy it with a quickness. Character-wise, he sucked, but he did have a cool design.

14. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I was in college around the time the Season 3 DVDs were coming out, and college and I did not get along. The episodes "The Ultimate Weapon" and "The Burden Hardest To Bear" helped to stave off many a nervous breakdown.

So yes, I'm a fan of Rodimus Prime. It was great to see an Autobot Leader with some character depth, and never really gave up. He bent, but he never truly broke.

I cannot wait for the Protector upgrade kit.

15. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he is a good bot lol.

16. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will personally abstain from the voting simply because my answer is not available. I've said it before in another thread a few months back. I don't like Rodimus Prime (I even have him kneeling before my Optimus collection) due to what transpired with the movie and the way he was shoved down our throats so suddenly. NOW...as far as Hot Rod, I love the character! He had a lot of potential and given time to grow would have been able to change the Rodimus problem some of us have. He could have been a really well fleshed out character that ALL TF fans grew to love. The Rodimus characer that have come since G1 have been interesting. I particularly like the energon one since he had his own group and was given room to grow from there....next to Optimus. I think with Animated ending if they could get it together to make an extension of the american G1 series and pick up where they left off with Optimus in charge again and Hot Rod growing as a character any sins of G1 would without a doubt be forgiven.

17. y2jas

y2jas Member

What makes me laugh is people are bitter after all these years. For me watching the animated movie as kid, I was sad to see Optimus and a lot of the old Tf's dead, but I think thats why Transformers had such a huge impact on a lot of people. Kids shows had never tackled death before in such a way before. If it hadn't of happened, I don't think the memories would of resonated as much.

I think the animated movie was the pinnacle of the G1 generation and Hot Rod was an amazing and memorable character who played a big part in that.

18. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

I agree.

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's a pretty cool guy. He has teh Matrix and doesn't afraid of haet plague.

20. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I have confusing and disturbing feelings for Rodimus Prime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.