What are your favorite Transformers from 2006?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    And why?

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Released in 2006?

Probably all of Classics. They're great.

As for other toys released, I have a soft spot for BWX Primal - love both of his modes, love the transformation, and love the hover board / bazooka. Also, it's great to have a mini-Axalon.

Primus was very nifty too - nice solid planet mode and the little stands made him perfect for display. The transformation is pretty fun and he's got lots of guns and details.

I'm also very fond Cyb Downshift (great muscle car, cool guns, fun toy) and Cyb Evac - he just looks heroic and I'm a sucker for shoulder guns. Plus he has a winch.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Oooo, tough question, So I'll list a few, in no particular order:-

1. Classics Astrotrain - Always been my favourite triple changer, and to see ol' Space Choo-choo make a return is always welcome.

2. Cybertron Soundwave - A great looking figure, with Laserbeak, and shoulder cannon, hes as close to Classics Soundwave as we'll get.

3. Cybertron Scrapmetal - a great mold, truly unique Alt mode and a funky robot mode, plus the little Piledrivers as an added bonus.

4. Alt Nemesis Prime - I've always loved the Nemesis Prime character, and really like this tall imposing figure on my shelf.

5. Cybertron CD Team - the whole lot of them rock, heavy weapons formers, a little simplistic, but awesome on the whole.

6. Cybertron Sideways - a great little mold, and one that I would be glad to have seen a mainline repaint of.

7. Cybertron Shortround - One of the most unique designs we've seen on a scout size figure yet, surprisingly cool, I bought him, not just for toilet mode.

(Thats it for now)

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Primus, damn it, he IS Cybertron!

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Alternators Optimus/Nemesis Prime - I've heard a good deal of people who claim this to be one of the worst Alt figures but I strongly disagree. I wasnt sure if I'd like his long calves before buying him, but I actually think it gives him some of the nicest looking poses in the line. Op looks sufficiently heroic and Nemesis looks sufficiently evil. The transformation is sort of annoying though

Alternators Mirage - I've heard a good deal of people who claim this to be one of, if not the, best Alt figures. I agree :D 

BW Megatron from the TRU 2-pack - Do repaints count? If so, then this figure has to be here because he might be my single favorite figure I've bought this year. Plus I never had the original so to me he is new. He is extremely aesthetically pleasing, and though he has more pose-blocking kibble than Primal and no real arms, I still think he's really fun. He's also one of the only figures that I think is cool to display in beast mode

Classics Megatron - the first gun Transformer in 20 years. For me, that right there is enough. For so long, Hasbro has said they could never make another gun Transformer again, but now they've gone and proven themselves wrong and the results are far better than the haters will admit.

(I havent bought very many figures this year, but I think that that's a sufficient list on its own)

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Classics Jetfire and Mirage.

Jetfire is so aesthetically nice, selling the original very well.

Mirage's articulation is off the charts. There are endless ways to pose it, some almost defying the laws of toy-posing physics. I wish all TFs were like this.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got Classics due here tomorrow, I'll comment once I've had a chance to look at them. So far, it'd be Primus, huge, awesome, poseable, and he's PRIMUS!

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, I have lots, but a lot has come out recently!

Classics Megatron: simply the best Megatron Toy ever. Unique transformation, and a very solid, high-quality feel.
    Classics Bumblebee: again, best BB ever... and a great update that makes an old favorite new again
    Classics Mirage: great new take on the character with fantastic attention to detail, plus awesome poseability
    MP Starscream: naysayers be damned, I love him in all his small, green, plastic glory
    Cybertron Smokescreen: an already nice figure turned into a spot-on, out-of-nowhere G1 homage
    Cybertron Downshift: hooray for gaudy 70's muscle cars! And with a perfect Wheeljack head, to boot.
    Cybertron Evac: a new mold and character design so good it should be retconned into Classics somehow
    Cybertron Lugnutz: realistic, almost Alternator-scale alt mode, with a unique transformation
    BTA/Alt Sunstreaker: did he come out in 2006 or 2005? Well, anyhow, I love both versions of this figure.
    KISS Convoy: again, a much-maligned mold that has grown on me a lot. If nothing else, you have to love it for all the incredible kitbashes that come from Alt. Prime
    E-Hobby Insecticons: once again, these may have come out earlier than 2006. But I find their somewhat tacky colors-cheme very unique, and it's fun seeing old molds in new colors (though I guess you could say they were the original colors)

I predict that Classics Jetfire will belong on my list as well, but as I don't have him yet, I can't really say for certain. :) 

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    - Classics... minus that shockingly shitty Prime vs Meg's 2-pack
    - War Within Titaniums
    - Commemorative Edition Soundwave (which just showed up in my mailbox today!!)

I have a feeling it'll be pretty much the same situation in 2007 with the other Classics and WW Titaniums as well... with the addition of MP Megatron of course. Hopefully they throw in an animation accurate MP Starscream for good measure.

10. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Every single Classic.

Wish I could say MPScream, but, well, issa broke.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definately Classics for me as they're virtually updates of my fave G1 Classics...if pressed for a specific choice, I would say its Optimus.

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

All the classics thus far! Can't put them down!

ALt Mirage Rocks!

13. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    In no particular order...

Masterpiece Starscream - A fitting tribute for the greatest of Decepticons. Lots of articulation, a very nice display stand, and a switching face gimmick perfect for the traitor. He's even the first Screamer toy to get his cartoon face color correct. Yes, the color isn't perfect, and he is a bit fragile. But in jet mode you couldn't tell him from a real F-15 toy and all the little gimmicks in both modes makes him the ultimate Starscream toy. If Hasbro releases an off-white version, it'll probably make my Favorite of 07 list, too.

Alternator Nemesis Prime - Maybe the 3 month wait for mine is making me biased, but it doesn't matter. The high shoulders and lack of the tan color other recent Nemesis Primes have had in the US make him a worthy counterpart to RiD Scourge. There's also some novelty as mostly-black repaints are Takara's thing, not Hasbro's, and it's harder to come by than your typical Transformer. With his imposing size he makes the perfect leader for the Decepticon Alts and even fits the mold better than Optimus himself.

THS-02 Convoy - Half the size of the original Optimus and as much articulation as MP Convoy, Hybrid Convoy is one of the more amazing pieces of engineering in 2006. The vehicle mode may be weak, but the toy has more little gimmicks and tricks than most figures three or four times it's size. Throw in all the accessories of the original toy, the diecast Matrix that can be removed, the great display stand and jetpack, and the first upgrade Roller's ever had, and you have a Convoy that can rival MP Convoy as the best ever.

Classics Bumblebee - Never a more proud moment than when Hasbro regained this name, except when they released the new toy. Bigger than any previous Bumblebee but still the little guy of his toyline, he's a perfect upgrade of the original character. Cartoon-accurate head, appropriate bulk and transformation, and he's even lost that gut since his Pretender toy. There's complaint that he has no gun, but the transforming wing pack fits him better, as the whole point is that he isn't a frontline fighter, he's the best spy they have. Welcome back, little guy.

BWR-01 Megatron - Technically a 1996 toy, but important to me. I got into Beast Wars late because I didn't like the realistic animal alt modes. But I've since matured in my tastes and thrilled that I had a second chance to get this figure and with his perfected colors and head, removing the major flaws of the original toy. While I like Primal just as much, Megatron edges him out for perfectly capturing the true evil genius that made the cartoon the best series we ever had. Yeeeees...

Cybertron Primus - Dream come true. Not the way most people see Primus as, as a kid I didn't read the comics often so that Primus I never knew about, but I always wanted a Cybertron toy... and we finally got one. A better planet than Unicron and just as imposing despite being a bit smaller, loaded with gimmicks and detail, definately a toy worth waiting for so long. Best yet was the fact that no detail or paint was lost from US to Japanese versions, so getting the best Primus was easy.

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Classics Megatron: Once I have the money to commission someone to repaint this toy to G1 color he'd be even better
    Classics Bumblebee: I don't have the G1 but this one blew that away by a mile
    Cybertron Sideways: So good I bought 2 so I can have one to open
    Cybertron Galvatron: Love the color...made me regret getting the GF version
    Alternator Mirage: Awesome design. Definitely one of the best alts ever
    Kissplay Rodimus: The Kissplay toy to get. Worth every cent
    Alt Nemesis Prime: Definitely worth having two ;) 

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Faves that came out this year: Alts. Prime, Nemmy Prime, and Mirage. The other alts were OK, but these were faves.
    All the Classics, except maybe 2 pack Prime- easily the worst of the bunch.
    Primus, Cryo-Scourge, and Unicron were also great, filling out the end of the line well.
    SWTF Millenium Falcon.

Other faves received this year: the Beast Wars combiners, Predaking, TM2 Megatron, BW2 Galvatron, and Brave Max.

It's been a good year!

-Tony!

16. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Surely you jest! He does not come out until January!

My favs?

Primus - AWESOME modes, all the way around!
    Classics Megatron - My 2nd fav Classics fig!
    Classics Astrotrain - FAV FIG OF 06!

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    -Galaxy Force Primus : a dream come true
    -Masterpiece Starscream : awesome piece
    -SWTF Millenium Falcon : it tops most TFs released in Cybertron
    -Classics Optimus Prime : best Prime released this year
    -Cybertron Hightail : favorite basic ever

18. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Galaxy Force Optimus Prime or Classics Prime!

19. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, if we're counting toys that we obtained in 2006 (not released) then my vote would have to be Omega Supreme. Finally managed to track the bastard down at a good price, probably the most rewarding find / acquisition of my toy collecting career.

20. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Titainum 6" War Within Optimus (its DON's work so what not to love!)
    Classics Optimus (he kicks ass)
    Classics Megatron (see Classics Optimus)
    Cybertron Primus (Unicron needed a sparing partner and Hasbro gave it to us)
    10th Ann Optimus Primal & Megatron 2-pack (greatest thing for the BW releases)
    Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime (i just love the darker look)