What are your favorite movie-style Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Anguirus, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of my primary collecting interests has been RotF (and a few movie 1) Decepticons. In fact, I recently branched out to two shelves (well, one shelf one dresser) to accommodate two different scales (Voyager Starscream is on one shelf, Leader on the dresser).

So first I was wondering if there are anymore of us who simply can't get enough of these guys. But second, was curious to hear what some of your favorites are.

For my part, here are some of mine.
    Voyager Starscream and Voyager Megatron: actually not my very favorites, but there is no other Megatron, and he needs his Starscream!

Leader Starscream: work of art.

HA Barricade: Almost as cool as Starscream.

Voyager Mixmaster: I can't get over this guy. His transformation is fiddly but somehow never fails to be fun, no matter how long it takes you. And then he looks fantastic on the shelf.

Voyager Long Haul: He looks incredible on the shelf in both modes. Only thing wrong with him is not being a Leader.

Deep Desert Brawl: Looks cool, fun to fiddle with, lends an intimidating scale to the Voyagers.

Bludgeon: I feel like this is a movie toy in alt mode and a Classics toy in robot mode. So he moves around in my room, but I love him. (Love him so much I broke his f'ing hand...)

Mindwipe: Looks great with Starscream and Megatron, love the Cybertronian on the wings.

Skystalker and Ransack: I kind of love these guys on their own merits more than AS movie-style, although Ransack of course is a good evil Seeker.

Legends Devastator: cool, but never pose him with the rest.

Lockdown: It's amazing how movie-ish this figure looks considering.

My not-so-favorites:
    Soundwave and the (Target) Fallen. Don't get me wrong, they look good, but I mostly like them for their characters, colors, and their headsculpts. Soundwave just does not like to stand.

Also, I got Dirge because he fit the scale but I find him incredibly underwhelming. Most of his fun is in transforming him...he doesn't actually look that good in either mode.

Deluxe Ravage is okay, but I NEEDS to find the Legends one.

The ones I passed on:
    Leader Brawl: Don't like his waist cannon, his translucent parts, or his "head-visible" tank mode (not on the Leader scale, man). Still might get him for cheap one day.

Voyager Blackout/Grindor: I KNOW this would just make me sad.

Bonecrusher: I actually have the Jungle one, and I just...this mold does NOT do the character justice. He's in a box. I might get the new redeco just to have a passable one (hate mold but love character).

Other F-22 "Seekers": I actually have the G1 homage Starscream. It's kind of a fun mold but GOD I hate the missile fingers (and the awful altmode). Wish they'd release Movie Thundercracker with his axe.

Finally, what are you excited about for the future? Obviously, prospect of an accurate Leader Megatron and a Shockwave is very exciting. In the immediate future, I'm all over Legends Ravage, Hailstorm, and Terradive for this shelf.

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Barricade, Brawl, & Grindor/Blackout as far as the movies go. Toy-wise, All I have is Grindor & Brawl.

3. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Ha, I can see that in your sig! (Which I've always thought was awesome.) Are you planning to pick up Jetblade to be your Blast Off? :D 

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Bludgeon, Lockdown, Mindwipe + Skystalker, Terradive

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not really crazy about the movie style figures but there are few excepts to the rule that I've liked so far.

Wreckage from the first movie line. Just a really nice first example of what a hybrid line between the movie figures and the Classics figures could look like. Fits nicely into either collection.

Stockade. For some odd reason his sort of gorilla look just works really well as a Decepticon. Gives him sort of that dumb thuggish look that seems to fit the personality of some Decepticons. He's also bulky enough that you could almost fudge a bit to call him a near hybrid.

Dirtboss. I don't really like his robot mode all that much but it's one of those cases where I didn't care so much about the robot mode as I just really really wanted a forklift Transformer in Constructicon colors because my forklift at work is evil.

Lockdown. I'm not too crazy about the soft bits, but it's just so crazy have a hybrid between the movie line and Animated that there was just no way to pass up that figure.

Bludgeon. Honestly what's not to love? Just a really fun figure given that he's just so over top but in a fun over the top sort of way.

Oddly I've noticed that I can stick a few of movie hybrid Decepticons into my Classics/Universe/Generations collection without them standing out, but the Autobot hybrids just don't work as well. So the few movie style figures I own are all Decepticons.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ransack/Divebomb. Cant get enough of the little guy.

Mindwipe. Smogs Batmode FTW.

HA Barricade.

Lockdown. Nice take on the Animated figure.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    My list is pretty short since I don't care much for the movies and have a pretty small selection of the toys.

Deluxe Thrust is my absolute favorite, hands down. That mold is just sheer brilliance and it looks fantastic in those colors.

Legends Devy is a pretty close second. I've had so much more fun with that toy than I ever thought possible.

I suppose Bludgeon and Lockdown go on my list, too, although I don't really think of them as movie toys that much since I keep them on my Classics shelf.

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie decepticon toys I actually like:

Leader Starscream (curious about the MP version as well)
    Deep space Starscream (the paint was great and I always loved those massive over sized rocket arms)
    Sideways
    HA Barricade
    Leader Brawl

That's pretty much it.

Really wish there were Blackout and Bonecrusher toys worth a damn. Maybe this MP line will surprise us (not holding my breath though).

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

HA Barricade, followed by the Deluxe Barricade figures.

Also, Blackout/Grindor, Ravage and Shadow Command Megatron.

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

from the ones I have...
    Lockdown, nice Animated homage that doesn't look way too toon-ish
    Barricade, the only thing I don't like from the deluxe one, aside of his hands, is his torso, because it looks way too cubical and doesn't collapse
    Leader Brawl, it looks great, the only thing I don't like from it it's the whole tanks threads behind his legs
    Blackout, he may be little, but it's a little cool toy
    Ransack... one of the best out there, nice alt mode, nice robot mode... if he would be deluxe, I think that just his legs would be different (and have more articulation) because his transformation scheme is really cool
    Brakedown, nice transformation, nice bot, cool
    Legends Ravage rules them all xD his alt mode it's more "jet-ish" than deluxe one
    I think that is all... I still need more of the NEST transformers (they are just arriving here in Chile, but just deluxes =(... )

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Leader Brawl is my favourite movieverse character, and despite him being very basic in comparison to Leader Starscream, I still really really love the toy. I also strongly love Lockdown, such an amazing toy.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Shadow Command Megatron
    Leader Brawl
    Blackout/Grindor
    Barricade
    Bludgeon
    Mindwipe
    Skystalker
    Terradive
    Hailstorm

13. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

Leader starscream voyager thundercracker voyager skywarp and voyager raMjet

14. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Top 5 Favorite Movie 'Cons:

1. Leader Screamer
    2. Leader Brawl
    3. HA Barricade
    4. Voyager Mindwipe
    5. Voyager Bludgeon

15. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Leader Deep Desert Brawl is my fav, followed by voyager grindor.

16. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Couldn't disagree with you more on that, but I love all of the movie megatron molds (my favorites), and I know that most people would probably disagree with my opinion on that.

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Awesome topic. Movieverse toys are my favorite and my loyalties lie with the 'cons. I have more movie Decepticons than any other faction/continuity pairing.

My favorites:
    Leader Starscream
    Voyager Mindwipe
    Voyager Bludgeon
    Scout Skystalker
    Deluxe Deep Desert Brawl
    Legends Ravage
    Voyager Nebular Starscream
    Voyager ROTF Starscream
    Deluxe Dirge
    Deluxe Thrust
    Deluxe Ravage
    Deluxe Soundwave
    Deluxe Protoform Starscream
    Supreme Devastator
    Voyager ROTF Megatron

Obviously I love Screamer and the jets. LC SS is the closest thing to perfection physically realized in plastic I have ever seen. Bludgeon and Mindwipe are epic badasses with cool gimmicks, and Mindwipe in particular has a great transformation and a cool partner to boot. Devs I enjoy simply because he's so massive and imposing, and fun to fiddle with. Ravage is my second favorite movie 'con, and again, he's just really fun to pose in Deluxe form (I have the original and Recon), and the Legends one is insanely cute (and more accurate in my eyes). Deluxe Soundwave I like because of his versatility - so many different fun configurations on that toy. All the paint schemes have been great, although I only own the Preview and NEST 2-pack ones, so I just listed him once. Voyager Megs I mentioned at the bottom of the list because I love the mold but hate the paint scheme - mine is the only TF I've repainted myself. I have the Leader for my main display (to be in scale with Prime) but the Voyager mold was just too alluring to pass up. And now it'll be included in my forest battle diorama once Battle Blades Optimus is released.

And the not so favorites:
    Scout Scalpel
    Deluxe yellow Rampage

Both of these guys have pretty lame transformations, are not very screen-accurate, and are a pain to pose. I still want a red Rampage because I love the robot mode and want a screen accurate one, but my yellow one is staying in alt mode and may eventually get modded into Scrapper once I get a red one.

Two worth mentioning in a separate category are Voyager Mixmaster and Long Haul. I adore both modes on them (especially Mix's alt and LH's 'bot) but I really dislike their transformations. To me they are overly complicated, not very intuitive, and not very fun. That really takes away from the enjoyment of the toys for me, but they do look great on the shelf.

Stuff I don't have that I'm looking forward to (which is confirmed):
    Terradive (epic figure, and more jets are always good)
    Hailstorm (although I am not a fan of that type of missile)
    Shanghai Demolishor (still haven't picked it up; I want a screen accurate version and I really like the robot mode, also the transformation looks fun)
    The aforementioned red Rampage (any of them will be fine with me)
    Deluxe Bonecrusher (battle damaged, or pick up the original release, I still need to get the hater of everything)
    Big maybes are Scouts Insecticon and Trenchmouth; the former sometimes looks okay and sometimes looks bad to me, the latter just because I like red and black - and motorcycles - and I have yet to get that mold

As for anything speculative, I want Shockie (Voyager or Leader is fine with me), more jets, a great Leader Megs, the retooled Fallen in movie colors, and more Starscream!

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Do not have leader Screamer yet so i cannot comment there.

Leader Brawl is still one of the best leaders out of the movie lines second to Leader prime and no doubt when i get leader Screamer brawl will be third but still an awesome toy.

Blackout- A cool figure that looks awesome in both modes and i love the way his blades looks like a cape. Only flaw is the automorph gimmick scares me so he does not get transformed often.

Voyager Megatron- I have the leader and its a cool toy but i think the voyager is just a better mold in general even with the back pack wings that i personally am fond of.

Voyager Starscream- Even with the leader this is still a great toy.

Mindiwpe- Do i really need to say anything here just awesome.

Mixmaster- His vehicle mode is small but looks great and aside from his moronic artillery mode a fun toy. Awesome robot mode.

Lockdown- Creepiest 'con to date i think.

Dirge- Fun transformation both modes look great and i love the Blue Angels color scheme on him.

HA Barricade- I think he just looks amazing in both modes and the little frenzy is fun. Would have preferred a hand in addition to the wheel saw gimmick but oh well.

Voyager Bludgeon- I love his robot mode and that was my biggest drawing point to him in the first place. I also love how the tank is so well incorporated into his robot mode to make the samurai armor look come together.

Legends Devastator- This toy looks really good for being legends class but the most important thing is the amazing play value here. I love fiddling with him.

That pretty well covers my favorite movie decepticons.

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Dropkick
    Leader Brawl (I have the desert deco, love it)
    Skystalker
    Deluxe Barricade
    Blackout

Bludgeon is there, but I like him better with a Classics display, but I can see why anyone would disagree with me on that.

20. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am so jealous, those of you with a Legends Ravage. WANT TO FIND ONE TOMORROW.

I have mulled it over and even if I find the movie-accurate paint schemes, I think I will continue to pass on Demolishor and Rampage. Heard too many reviews say that they don't pose well...and that's what I'm kinda looking for. I actually might pick up the black repaint of Scorponok though. Somehow even though he's less accurate, he looks classier.

I have Scout Scalpel too...I like him, but only because he was a gift from a good friend. Ejector is very funny but his transformation scratches his paint something fierce.

I find this an interesting comment. I'm a big fan of both of these toys too. Their transformations are both very hard (I actually think Long Haul's is harder! It look me forever to get his front/legs) but somehow, I like to pick them up and do them if I have a few minutes to kill. The same canNOT be said of, say, Deluxe Galvatron, who I never want to transform again.

I have this weird love-to-hate relationship with Mixmaster. He's tough to pose well, but when I finally get it right, no robot on my shelf looks better, period,