What are you, Universe Sunstreaker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nevermore, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Okay, so I'm trying to find out what cars Universe Sunstreaker is based on, or uses elements from.

The main car body is obviously based on a Lamborghini Gallardo.

The black middle section on the front bumper looks like it might be based on the 2004 model of the Lamborghini MurciƩlago R-GT race car.

The design for the split side windows is very definitely taken from a McLaren F1 (only the base model; the LM and GTR versions don't have this). The ridges in the middle of the door vents are also an element found on all McLaren F1 models, albeit in reverse. (Thanks to awa64!)

[​IMG]

The only element I was still unable to track down a definite inspiration for are the "L"-shaped headlights. The upper half is pretty Gallardo-ish, but the lower half, or the general "L"-shape, don't remind me of anything in particular.

Now we come to the rear end.

The upper half with the taillights and everything is pretty positively inspired by a Lamborghini Diablo. The lower half with the double exhaust and the small indentation for it seem to be based on a Lamborghini MurciƩlago base model.

[​IMG]

There are still some elements on the rear end that might be based on other cars, however.

Thoughts?

(Sunstreaker toy photos taken from Seibertron, car photos taken from the web; all images used for reference purposes only.)

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yeah, let's not read anything beyond the topic header and throw in a half-hearted response that doesn't even acknowledge the first post, shall we?

3. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Let's ease off the throttle there shall we?

4. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a dumped design called Lamborghini Raiodesol

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever it is, i like it. I thought it was a hodgepodge of parts from the most exotic cars. so knowing it is a real design is a +1 for me.
    I just ordered Sunstreaker, should get him by the end of the week.

....now to get Sideswipe.

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe, the Porsche 996. The headlights are largely traditional Porsche shaped, except they have a narrow section that extends towards to the Y centre line of the car line; like Sunstreaker.

7. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

The new Ferrari 458 Italia actually has headlamps with an inboard slash that bears a resemblance to Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe alt. Other than that I can only just say the car alt mode is a generic "resembling a Lamborghini" supercar.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Awesome.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I never put too much thought into what the Universe alt modes are. They are usually jumbled from a bunch of different cars to get around licensing issues. I just refer to my Sunstreaker as a Lambo. But I would say that the front end is more Gallardo than anything else and the back end is more Diablo. As far as the peices in the middle I'd say they're made up from the designers heads.

10. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I really enjoy looking at your comparisons, now do Prowl.

11. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, and Red Alert are just loosely based on modern Lamborghinis, with different sesign elements thrown in by the designer. Most of the design elements you've pointed out have been used on several different cars. Likewise Prowl, Silverstreak, and Smokescreen are loosely based on the 350Z with different design elements thrown in.

The original Lambo bro.s were based on Lamborghini Countaches, so it makes sense for their update to be loosely based on Lamborghini designs. The Z bro.s were based on either 240, 260, or 280 Zs, so it makes sense for their update to be loosely based on the 350 Z.