What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I do have one question, if it doesn't spoil anything. Why are there some areas, like Lagoon City that I can't access?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Purple

News Credits:
    IIRC it’s for shares. Your not supposed to be able to acess them.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

That makes sense. Perhaps further discussions should be bumped over to PMs so as not to clutter the thread. When should I get the DLC stuff that's free? Or the stuff you have to pay for? PM the responses/suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma Imagine Breaker TFW2005 Supporter

I finished the Michiru route in Grisaia is was sad but satisfying. Onto the Sakaki Yumiko Route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    StarTropics- I'm now in chapter 5. Noooo! The multi-dungeon affair of level 3 is still hanging over me. I dun wanna do another dungeon. Especially one as annoying as Captain Bell's cave.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yakuza Kiwami 2! Finally completed the construction sub story but I haven’t unlocked the last tournament at the Coliseum...I’m not sure if I should just go ahead and complete the main story though...

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The last tournament always has an Amon as the last opponent, so I hard passed on unlocking that personally as beating those dudes once was enougth for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks man! Appreciate it! I think I’ll pass too as I don’t want it to be an obsession to try to beat the Amons! X)

Did you managed to beat them in the sub-story?

9. RabidYak

Yep, by exploiting the fact that you can't die whilst in extreme heat mode. Go into the fight with full heat and activate as soon as it starts, fully heal just before the meter runs out so you don't die if you get hit between activations, refill meter with Tauriner/Staniman and reactivate, repeat until you win.

The amount of stuff you can carry with new inventory system makes it easy, it'd be harder if items didn't stack like in the old engine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Diablo 3 complete edition for PS4

First Diablo I ever played, I've played clones of it like MUA1 and 2 but never the original source of the game type.
    Not bad so far, helps to play with a guy who is super OP that he just one shots everything at Extreme difficulty, and I mean EVERYTHING.

Playing a Barbarian btw

11. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate while I wait for Warframe to update. It's pretty fun now that I got the slower quests out of the way and the game is giving me actual monsters to fight.

Also, anyone have any advice on how to speed up Warframe updates? I'd like the damn thing to download more than 3Kb/s.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Wow! That's BRILLIANT man! Didn't think about that! Tbh I didn't enjoy the game as much as I didn't woth 0 or 1...0 could be the best in terms of overall story and gameplay and 1 had this very intense feel...

Maybe part of the reason for me not being so impressed by 2 is because I took pretty long breaks to play it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RabidYak

The issue I had with K2 is that the story is relatively tight and fast paced, but adding a couple of big time sinks on the side with Cabaret and Clan kind of ruin it's momentum as it was originally written for a game that didn't have them. That's in contrast with 0 where the game was written with the businesses in the first place and the story has a bit of downtime where it makes sense to go and do that stuff. Aside from that though, I still really enjoyed it and I expect the new engine games will keep getting better now they've rebuilt allot of the content and will be writing from a clean slate. It'll take some doing to make another one as good as 0, but if they just get near that again then it'll still be great.