What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Recently got the NES and SNES Classic Editions, so been going between Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3 on my evenings before bed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Skyrim update:
    Just beat the main quest
    Getting past the skulfadn draugr was hard but alduin and the dragon priest were tota pushovers
    Time to get Konavahriik and then beat up Miraak

3. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I'm about half way through the Nightmare Investigators of Mega Man X6.

This game is as bad as I remember. I just spent over an hour playing Ground Scaravich's level over and over again just trying to get the room to appear that has the Blade armor helmet part. Who thought it'd be a good idea to have a level that randomly generates rooms, with a Heart Tank and armor part hidden within two of those sections? At least with the previous X games that made you backtrack, all you needed was the right weapons and/or armor parts to get to an upgrade. But this is just tedious replaying a level hoping the game feels like giving you the room in the first place. And of course I had the Nightmare phenomenon going on, despite the stage not being red when I picked it. At least I have the Blade armor now.

4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, X6 felt like a shabby sequel. Not nearly enough polish went into that game.

Just got to the twin zombie dragons in Circle the Moon. They’re giving me some trouble, but not nearly as bad as Aldremelech (sp?) did. It’s nice being able to slide & dash & double jump & all that & I have gotten a bit used to the strange feel of this game. Nathan’s normal movements don’t seem as stiff as when I started. But they are definitely stiff compared to other CV games.
    It’s ok though- I’m managing.

5. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

Replaying DOOM and loving every minute of it

6. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shenmue. Damn, the memories. Never thought it would come back. How is it going? Slowly and peacefully, as is Shenmue's nature. :lol 

7. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Playing NES contra (Gryzor) with the english cut scenes, not a big difference but i've never played this version before.

8. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Mass Effect 3 for the sake of a good time. It just makes me all gooey and emotional whenever I play it. Every time I romance Garrus I just get very happy and giggly. I have just done the Geth Dreadnought mission and now starting the Ardark-Yakshi mission to catch up with Samara. Time for some damn scary Banshees!

9. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Hollow Knight, Godmaster content--I love the idea of being able to fight bosses all over again whenever you want, individually or in gauntlet style "Pantheons". Much fun, frustration, and keyboard shattering rage on my end.

And I just knew the moment the screen loaded for Pure Vessel that I was going to get my ass kicked.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Hit level 120 with my paladin in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.

Finishing up the last zone (Voldun) for questing. Three more parts of the storyline.

11. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finished Shenmue. On to Shenmue II.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got past the pair of zombie dragons in Circle of the Moon. What a pain!

• Like Like x 1
  13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yakuza Kiwami 2! Completed chapters 1 & 2!

The gameplay in terms of combat upgrade feels kinda different from Yakuza Zero and Yakuza Kiwami 1! Kinda taken aback but I must admit the story and mood of the game feels quite intense.

• Like Like x 1
  14. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Skyrim update:
    Just passed 100 hours in my current playthrough.

Nearing completion of the Thieves Guild questline. After Snow Veil Sanctum I had to go to the College of Winterhold anyway (of which I'm already the Arch-Mage), and I realized my Conjuration is now at level 93, so while I'm there I'm going to do the Master Conjuration quest.

I've been wondering if there's any way to consistently level up the Alteration school of magic without spamming or exploits. I just can't see any player finding any of the Alteration spells useful except in very specific situations. I've at least been wanting Detect Life, but I can't buy it until I level up my Alteration ability, which is hard to do without any useful spells.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Super Smash Bros 3DS

Ah, few things more satisfying than when your KO comes from Palutena's shield reflecting a sap's bomb back at him.

• Like Like x 2
  16. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Played a lot of Horizon New Dawn today. Just passed became a Seeker and converted my first mecha creature. Good game so far.

Also played some Uncharted 1. Got part of the way up the castle on the island to rescue the girl. Only thing i really gripe about on this is most all the trophies are "Kill x number people a certain way" Kill 50 with a pistol. Kill 50 with a shotgun, etc. Every one of those games is the exact same. How about more "Complete Chapter #" type ones.

• Like Like x 2
  17. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

Been exploring the galaxy in Elite Dangerous.
    A bit of a grind, but am loving it.

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Monster Hunter

Against the odds, I have triumphed over EXTREME Behemoth. Take the next meteor straight to hell, jerk!

• Like Like x 1
  19. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Skyrim update:

Completed the Master Conjuration quest. It was surprisingly easy. But I haven't bothered using the Master level spells yet. The thought of an atronach following me around FOREVER is actually kind of annoying. I already sometimes have to babysit my follower, though to be fair Annekke Crag-Jumper has served me very well for quite a while.

Just became Thane of Solitude last night. Turns out I had already helped all the NPCs I needed, so once I bought the house I could immediately become Thane. This is one of the many things I've already done that I never did during my first playthrough. I think I'm now Thane of 4 Holds. I should be Thane of Riften as well, but once again I encountered the bug where the Jarl never gives you the option. GRRRR

20. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Been at this for a couple of days. I'm missing the sheer volume of combat stuff that had accumulated in the older engine, but loving everything else about the game and especially the new physics.

Just opened up Cabaret Club, but going to wait until later in the game to play through it so I get more good hostesses from side quests. Yuki and Koyuki are stealing the show already though, can't wait for that story if it's even half as fun as it was in Zero.

• Like Like x 1