What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I’m on level 6-3 of Ninja Gaiden & this game can go F£€% itself.

2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Battle for Azeroth (WoW xpac)

Its a lot of fun, the areas are really well designed and the questing story has been good so far. I mean nothing hugely innovative but at some point you’re just changing for the sake of change.

3. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ooh I gotta get back to playing that MHW was super fun

4. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I was waiting for that :D 
    Just wait and see what happens when you run out of lives at one of the final bosses...

Skyrim update:
    Finished the College of Winterhold questline yesterday. I'm getting near level 100 in a couple skills, currently 98 in Enchanting and around 86 in Conjuration. Was able to buy spellbooks to summon Storm Atronachs and Dremora...awesome. I tried summoning a Dremora and after a minute it randomly attacked me, telling me I was "weak"...then it stopped. Weird.

I've been playing my character as a sort-of "unhinged" Altmer, one who has no qualms about stealing or murdering someone as long as he gets something out of it, but will gladly hand out fliers preaching the love of Mara with a (creepy) smile on his face. Well, what better NPC to marry than Muiri, who hires you to kill her former lover and her former best friend, and only expresses interest in you after you've committed the murders. A wife who might call the Dark Brotherhood on me? Just right for my unhinged self :D 
    I only asked her so far, haven't done the ceremony yet. I've read that there might be a major bug where my dead followers (of which there are 2, 3 if you include that annoying Onmund who I sacrificed to Boethiah) might show up as dead bodies at the ceremony and cause it to fail...I'm kinda looking forward to that :lol 

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Still trudging through No Man's Sky. Decided I didn't like where my base was so I went off searching for a new locale... and forgot I was out of fuel.

6. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Oh I know all about that. But it is of no concern!! I’m playing on the Wii U & can create checkpoints wherever I like!!
    It’s partly how I was able to get through Ghosts n’ Goblins in 2 days.
    But damn, this final level of Ninja Gaiden is kicking my ass so hard, that it almost doesn’t matter. The part I’m stuck is a part the AVGN specifically called out in his vid. And he was right. It’s evil. Enemies coming at you from all directions all at once.

I’ll get it, but damn! It ain’t gonna be easy.

7. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TellTale's The Walking Dead

I preordered the Final Season yesterday and received the Complete Collection for free. I already own S1, S2, and ANF on physical disc, but I figured for $15 I get to play the final season as it comes out and also get to play the Michonne eps as well. Last night when I booted up the Final Season, the game only ready my choices from A New Frontier. Apparently choices from S1 and S2 could not be read because they were from "old" games. So the only way my choices would carry over is if I play the new updated versions of the S1 and S2 game, which were free when I preordered. I was kind of irritated because I would be continuing the story that wasn't mine. The story that I had put hours into from years ago. I know most of the choices will just be quick cameos or short mentions, but still. I was gonna say "screw it" and play the Final Season anyways because when you start up the game, it tells the story from S1 and goes through all the important choices you make. Then I found out that the achievements from the Complete Collection are a whole new set of achievements.

Long story short, I am starting all the way back from S1 E1 just so I can obtain all the achievements again and to recreate/relive "my story" for the Final Season. :crazy: 

8. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Ugggghhhhhh. Made it to the final boss, but I can’t barely scratch him. I guess it’s time to look up the manual, because I have no idea what most of the pick-ups do. Hopefully there’s enough in that final hall leading up to the boss to power me up & finish him off.

9. mlgpapalouie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Skyrim update: I fought my way through Darkfall and the Forgotten Vale and got Auriels Bow

(I totally didnt just fusrodah half of the falmer and the arch curate off cliffs)

10. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I beat it! I beat Ninja Gaiden! Yeah I abused restore points like a jerk, but I don’t care! It’s cruel & unusual to punish your players as much as that game does, so I don’t feel bad about it at all.
    Besides, now that I’ve beaten the game & know I can do it, I’ll just go back and try to master it some more now. Helps that I finally know what all the power ups do. Oh yeah- I beat the game without any special weapons or magic. Just me & my dragon sword.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Tried Forza horizon 2 but gave up due to the game freezing up every 10min.
    No biggie, there's like a kajillion other forza games.

Just started Recore. It's supposed to ne updated & fixed.

Also just picked up a NES & SNES classic finally. yay

12. mlgpapalouie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Skyrim Update:

I have now killed Harkon and finished the Dawnguard dlc

I decided im going to keep the skeleton key until I get the unbreakable perk cause I got instaraped by the Nightingale Ghost guys

I did various daedric quests and got Volendrung and the Wabbajack

I also got the plans from the Silver hand and killed all of the witches

Now im doing the college of winterhold and the companions so next up is to go find the Staff of Magnus and wipe out the silver hand/get whatever the thingie they need is

13. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Impressive!

I always had a hell of a time with the first 2 final boss fights, so I had to resort to drastic measures...
    The Jump N Slash attack absolutely destroys the bosses, but the only instance of it in the last level before the final bosses is right near the beginning. So I had to train myself to get it and not get any other special weapons before reaching the boss, which is harder than it sounds, plus use the Jump N Slash cancel trick to conserve my ninja magic points. And then...the game takes away your special weapon before the next phase of the final boss fight. So I would almost always have to die and go back through the whole act again to get it again, then defeat the second form, then sometimes do it again for the third form...
    Yeah, I beat it, but apparently I sucked at it :p 

Fortunately, Ninja Gaiden 2 was a different story. I could kick that game's ass with my eyes closed. :D 
    NG3...Jeebus is that game hard. Only beat it once, and the story sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I need to go over my list of games and see what's worth playing, now. I've played Assassin's Creed: Chronicles for so long, I'm not sure what other games to go for. I could do Transformers Devastation, again, but I beat it again the last time I played it. =\ I have Live Gold and those freebie games, but I just feel aimless when I go for those games. I don't know.

15. mlgpapalouie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Another Skyrim Update:

I beat the companions questline and got through Mzulft so next up is Labyrinthian

Yay

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Pokémon Ultra Moon

Time for a Nuzlocke; let's pray Litten and all his mortally challenged friends make it through!

17. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    That’s just brutal!!
    To be fair, I looked up a YouTube vid to see what the patterns were, so I totally cheated there. But even knowing the patterns it took me several tries before I got the rhythm down. The 3rd & final form was easy at least. I guess they figured if you made it through those first 2 bosses, you deserved a break.

Or more likely, the limited abilities of the NES prevented them from making it as evil as they wanted. :p 

It still kinda blows me away that Ryu Hayabusa is just this guy that happens to be in the DOA games. That just seems so weird to me for some reason!

18. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    DOOM (2016), on the Argent Tower mission currently. Managed to get close to the waypoint, but kept missing jumps and falling down to the bottom levels. Oh well, I'll get there eventually. :) 

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    South Park Fractured But Whole - just passed the genetics labs.

20. mlgpapalouie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Skyrim Update:
    Still havent gone into labyrinthian

I did more of the Dragonborn dlc up until I have to go into Waking Dreams to fight Miraak
    Im probably going to do some more random quests to level up a bit then do labyrinthian, then Miraak, then Alduin