What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Skyrim update:
    I finally got the elder scroll (I totally didnt just run past all the falmers...)
    Were you supposed to just run past them?
    Cause I have a hard time with falmers but I annihilated Alduin

I did all of the dark brotherhood quest including fixing up the dawnstar sanctuary so rip the emperor

I managed to go from 300 gold to 14000 gold just on that questline

I joined the thieves guild and did the Goldenglow Estate and meadery quests

I also made peace negotiations that may or may not have highly favored the stormcloaks

And now I have Odahviing trapped

My dude is still garbage but I got a pretty lit (pun intended) sword from Meridia after killing some necromancer guy and my lockpicking and speech levels have increased alot
    I still need to work on archery and sneaking tho

Im probably going to take a break from the main quest and do the thieves guild and college of winterhold quests now

2. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

all day yesterday I was playing Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction for my Gamecube. Fun game. Im in the middle of the game I guess where hulkbuster soldiers are popping up.

Right now Im at the part where I have to use things to destroy a shield surrounding a movie truck in the city. Trying to figure out how to go at it and Ive been practicing at first to see what works great to bring down the truck's shield

3. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too!

Skyrim update:

My wife and kids went on a one-day vacation yesterday, so I was able to play Skyrim for a LONG time, probably the longest gaming session I've had in years.
    I know this will sound like old news to Skyrim veterans, but near the end of the day I discovered a whole new kickass way of getting rid of bandits and the like. I mentioned on here before how I was having fun with Illusion magic...well, the enemies quickly grew too strong to be affected by my spells so I abandoned them for quite a while. The only one that seemed of any use was Fury; Calm and Fear seemed near useless.

Well, I tried something I read about. My Sneak skill was already built up to the point where I could backstab people for instant kills, and I invested a few perks in the Illusion tree, most importantly Dual-Casting. When an enemy is coming at you, cast Calm, then sneak up behind them and stabbity-stabbity :D  It's SOOOO fun!

There was one instance in particular that had me laughing, just after I discovered the wonder of this tactic. A large bandit was lunging at me with a longsword power attack. The instant before he struck me, I was able to get a Calm spell off. He immediately turned around and walked away. I snuck up behind him and slit his throat. It's so fun to f*** with enemies' minds like this :D 

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Picked up No Man's Sky. Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing or how I'm supposed to do it, but I'm keeping my guy alive so that's good.

5. UndertakerPrime

Skyrim update:
    So I played 60-70 hours with my current character and had not gone to Markarth yet. I was in Windhelm completing a minor quest, went into Candlehearth Hall, and saw Sam, the guy who challenges you to a drinking contest where you wake up in Markarth. I figured, that's as good as any other way to get there :lol 

As is typical when you enter a new town, within 10 minutes I probably gained around 10 new quests. My quest list is getting loooong o_O 

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Overwatch

Rolling around as Wrecking Ball, knocking suckas off the edge whilst spamming: "Frustration detected." 'Tis a beautiful day.

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I got the Mega Man X Legacy Collection last week for the Switch. Started out a bit rusty, its been a few years since I last played the Gamecube collection, but it's easier now that I've gotten back into it. I figured I'd beat all of the games on part 1 before moving on to part 2. I'm nearly there. Never played X7 or X8 so looking forward to that.

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 Vinnie Paul Abbott = we miss you

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Going to be playing later today Rise of the Tomb Raider.

9. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Been playing a lot of Splatoon lately. Particularly Salmon Run.

10. UndertakerPrime

Skyrim update:

Since part of Mehrunes Dagon's dagger was at a Forsworn outpost near Markarth, I decided to make a quick jaunt over there to get it. I had just improved my armor some more, so I was ready for a walk in the park.

I take out the first 2 Forsworn...no problem. About 4 saw me at one time, and the battle was going pretty good. My follower and Frost Atronach were holding their own. Then out comes the Forsworn Briarheart...BOOM with one swing he takes me down. So I thought, well, my health was pretty low before that, I'll give it another try. I face the same Briarheart with nearly full health...BOOM he takes me down with one swing again :eek: 

To paraphrase the Pakleds in Star Trek TNG, "I am not strong."
    I retreated back to my home in Riften, making a quick stop at the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary to get a new contract and reassert my badassness :p 

11. mlgpapalouie

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Skyrim update
    I found the orb in that one dungeon on the first college of winterhold quest
    (Im on vacation so I dont remember names)
    I also completed the Sam quest up till the dungeon where I keep getting insta raped by the Fire Wizard

Also my character is now totally fucked
    I completed the Dragonborn dlc up until you have to go get the second Black Book so now I get almost all of my dragon souls stolen by cool cultist dragonborn guy

I also joined the dawnguard, rescued the vampire lady, and refused to become a vampire

When I get home next up is the rest of the dawnguard dlc, then college of winterhold, then dragonborn until the very last journey into the black book, then thieves guild, then main quest, and finally go kill the first dragonborn guy

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Pretty much addicted to No Man's Sky now. Found an environmentally perfect planet last night that's going to serve as my home base for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mlgpapalouie

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    They seem to have improved it alot, Im really tempted to get it now thats it out on Xbox One

14. WilliG

WilliG Active Member

After reading Pregnant Mommy’s Surgery review decided to try this new game. Besides it's free. It has unusual plot but pretty entertaining. Great way to kill time during long working hours.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  15. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf She's a killer, queen

Just started playing Doom II after purchasing it in a steam sale recently. It's going pretty well. Well, I'm just as bad at this as I am the first one, but still.

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back to playing Assassin's Creed Chronicles, all 3. I've cleaned out China and India in normal, plus and plus hard modes as well as shadow... Starting on assassin and trying for the style points. It's a bit more difficult than shadow, honestly. Can't let anyone see you killing the others. Russia, however? Ridiculously difficult at times. Needlessly so and super glitchy. I think it'll just go back in the digital drawer, so to speak, and never be heard from again.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Played a few games on the PS4.

South Park - helped the police catch a "suspicious person". Fun dark humor.

WWE 2k17 - just a few matches and boy do i suck. I so prefer arcade style over this. Thankfully i got it real cheap.

Assassin's Creed Origins - just left Siwa. New combat takes a bit of adjusting.

Just Cause 3 - damn this is fun. In one of the intro missions i was attacked by a helicopter. I zip lined to it, hijacked it, and took out the last enemy. Hehehe. Fun. Just freed the first area.

18. mlgpapalouie

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I havent played anymore Skyrim but I did get Oblivion, I got out of the sewers and now im off to find Martin
    I also got Mario Kart 8 tho im really late to the party on that one

19. UndertakerPrime

Did you lose interest in Skyrim, or did you just decide to take a break?

What's funny is, after I enjoyed Skyrim so much I bought Oblivion, and I got maybe halfway through it before I just plain lost interest...not really sure why. I found myself avoiding those Oblivion gates like the plague, since the areas in the Oblivion realm were just super-boring to me, and you're stuck there until you complete them.

Skyrim update: Completed the "A Night to Remember" quest, but I ended up skipping the parts where you retrieve the goat and get the ring due to the speech choices I made. I was stuck in a conversation with the guy in Rorikstead when a dragon attacked...had to quickly finish the conversation so I could actually defend myself, and I didn't want to quit out of the conversation for fear of it somehow bugging the quest.
    Now I'm working on completing the next contract for the Dark Brotherhood. God, I love to Calm bandits and then backstab them :D 

I was debating whether to get the Sneak perk that multiplies knife damage by 15 for a sneak attack, but when I calculated it out, it turns out it's well worth it. With my current equipment, a sword sneak attack plus 5x damage perk does about 270-something damage. At 15x damage, my knife would do over 400 damage :eek: 
    I know what I'm getting at my next level-up...

20. mlgpapalouie

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Neither
    I got a gamestop gift card for my bday last month and I got it with that
    Im probably just gonna alternate between the two