What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was playing New Super Luigi Bros U on the Wii U.

Was working on the very last star coin. Nearly had it. Suddenly the power goes off.

My wife was trying to turn off one of the controllers & shut the entire system down instead.

When.... when was the last time I saved?

Oh god.....

OH. GOD. :jawdropper: 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to redo 2 worlds' worth of coins.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Been playing Super Mario Kart and Starfox. Not played them for maybe fifteen years but it was like I'd never been away.
    Now to introduce my fourteen-year-old niece to them. I get the feeling she's going to be a fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Regained all my lost star coins & saved after each level this time. Beat half of Star road:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sonovabiscuit! I had Super Mario Kart almost completed and then accidentally wrote over my save with a new file I made for my family to use.
    I'm just going to be over here crying into my cereal... :( 

5. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Finished all of Super Luigi U. Good stuff. Some of those star road levels were easy peasy, & some were pretty damn evil. But the final level of the game was an awesome "thanks for playing" message to the player.

6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

The Arkham series of Games are enjoyable adventures with a very nice narrative, but damn are those Combat challenges a pain in the arse to master. After defeating Asylum on Hard and getting some trophies I switched over to City to try my hand at finishing off more, and then picked up Origins, just finished the main story tonight and because of the Shock Gloves I reached an 80+ combo during one of the in-game fights. I have a feeling it'll be easier to get the combat challenges in this game, unless they tweaked the damn things. Chances of being able to get all the trophies for Multiplayer is probably as dead as the GB game, but hey at least I might actually achieve 100% on the save file for this.

Need to score a PS4 Arkham Knight combo one of these days and conclude the storyline, maybe even get the remastered titles on PS4 just for the hell of it. Or something.

Anyway, on to finishing up some more stuff... at least once the credits finish rolling and stuff. Enigma Data Packs and the like still to pick up. Might save it for Sunday though, I've been staying up to Midnight for far too long since getting this thing and Arkham isn't going anywhere.

I wonder what might be done in future for the narrative? And if they'd even consider making a 4th title.

7. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been playing more Blue Reflection. Got to the first real difficult boss. Got bodied and hit a game over. No problem, but then I found out that the game doesn’t have an auto save function, so I lost over an hour of progress.

Yeah, I’m going to bed. :lol 

8. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Hard Corps Uprising
    - goddamn it’s Hard!! Up to level 5 (out of 8), so making progress, but this is def one of the harder modern games i’ve played.

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Fuck man that happened to me too, except I was at the second Seriphot battle(it’s has a KILL everything move), and then realized I lost a whole hour again as well. I can’t say I’m enjoying the game as much as I would like, but the music is perfect and Ako.... Oh god Ako. Also, you and me have the same exact taste in games, I swear it man.

My copy of Nights of Azure 2: Bride of The New Moon Limited Edition will be here tomorrow, so Blue Reflection will go back on the backburner while I savor my lesbian love triangles.

EDIT: Hey Primal did you ever pre-order Cyber Dimemsion Limited Edition? I did but it hasn’t freaking shipped! It just says that a shipping label was created on the sixth, and thats it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  10. Primal1987

News Credits:
    It happened to me on the fourth, which also has a kill everything move. I was at a good level too (have done all the side quests thus far), so I was really confused as to why I died so quickly.

The story is decent, but feels a bit repetitive, and the localization can be bad at times with subtitles that are misspelled. I'm getting Wolfenstein II tomorrow, so the game will end up on the back burner until I'm finished. I also still have to complete Peach Beach Splash.

That's because of our common weakness for Japanese games with gratuitous fan service. :lol 

Never got the chance to, unfortunately. Funds were tight at the time.

As for your predicament, you should contact the store and ask them what's up. It sounds odd for them to make a shipping label and then not say anything for twenty whole days.

11. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still need to get Blue Reflection...

Been playing...Mortal Kombat XL lately, which is not a game I really thought I'd own. It's alright, weirdly seems like the one fighter I...can play. Maining the Xenomorph even though I've never watched anything Alien. I just find it such an amusing thought. Only problem I have with the game, really, is my PS4 controller loves disconnecting/lagging and stuff. Happens with all the games, but it's especially annoying here. I'll need to get a new Bluetooth cable or something, I guess.

12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I’m honestly not sure what I have done wrong at this point. I’ve done all the quests, I am at the tank like one with the spiral guns. Shame I’m not Simone.
    I can agree. The story isn’t really anything special and the characters are rather lacking, as well as the translation issues you mentioned.

Are you kidding though? I beat PBS in like 3 days man, then went on to beat 2 other JRPGs before jumping back into Blue Reflection during my wait. You need to finish it soon.
    I love how you use the word weakness, and the word like :lol  But you are right, I was going to quit until Ako showed up. She’s prime waifu material.
    I will contact them tomorrow, thanks.
    CF76970F-C378-4EA5-A406-C59ED40CE17E.jpeg

13. AMG

AMG Old School

Been playing Diablo 3. The latest patch is awesome.

14. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Playing more Peace Walker and now I'm at the part where they decide to build Metal Gear ZEKE. Reading the wiki it says I need:
    - Rocket boosters from The Pupa
    - Radome and Railgun from The Chrysalis
    - Armor from The Cocoon
    - Legs from Peace Walker

I defeated The Pupa by targeting the AI cylinder without damaging other parts but I didn't get the rocket boosters. Do I need to do the battle again to get them?

While I'm at it, here's something I don't like about this game: All bosses are armored vehicles or AIs. No human boss battles.

15. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    already at the final boss Chaos at Castlevania aria of sorrow

Going to catch the legendaries in Pokemon Heartgold before fighting Red.

And just started Gundam Battle Royale. Nice that parts of the game are in English.

16. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

In Peace Walker, I defeated Pupa, Chrysalis and Cocoon and got all ZEKE's main and optional parts at 100%. I think I guaranteed the real ending, right?

17. Primal1987

News Credits:
    Yes. If ZEKE is completed, then the real ending is assured.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I believe there is something more you have to do, but I can't remember for sure. It was the one Metal Gear game I never retouched after completing it. Just a dreadful game all around.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SD Gundam Genesis U.C. (PS 4)...so addictive - especially getting the various Mobile Suits! It's my first time with series and now I know why folks like the franchise.

I was so happy to unlock the Nu Gundam...it was a real pain to unlock it though...

You need to get two more equipment (of sorts), then look for a 'person'...if I remembered correctly.

Other than the 'real final boss character', I enjoyed it a lot...it's behind MG3 for me.

20. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm currently playing Black Ops 3: Zombie Chronicles. Having a good old time slaying zombies.