What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  I know what you mean.

Though, looking at the Art Book that came with the Limited Edition of the Vita version, I only have to see the quote from the producer of the franchise to know what was on his mind during the making of the games.

"T*ts are life. Ass is hometown." - Kenichiro Takaki

Now right there is an honest man.

2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    And funnily enough, Senran Kagura has put me in the right headspace to play Transformers Devastation as well since they've got very similar mechanics minus the getting naked thing. Yeah the Steam sales were good to me :D 

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A friend of mine got me the 3DS version of Lego Batman 3, so I've been having a lot of fun playing that the past couple of nights. Not sure how it compares to the console version, but I'm really liking it so-far. For a 3DS game the graphics are impressive imo, especially the cutscenes. Just got trough parts of the Watchtower, and can now start to buy the characters I'm unlocking.

I might have to look into getting the other two Lego Batman games. Though before I do, I still need to get ahold of a copy of the second Lego Harry Potter game. Which reminds me, I still need to get through the DS version of the first one, lol

4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Metroid Prime: 100% complete
    Metroid Prime 2: currently in progress

5. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Started playing The Last Guardian.

Aside from nearly pulling my hair out trying to get a trophy involving balancing barrels, I'm having a good time. There were a couple of moments where Trico killed me by flinging his head as I jumped on him, sending me to my doom, but he's otherwise been responsive. Might hold off on playing more to get a PS4 Pro, as there is some pretty noticeable framerate drops, which are more or less fixed on the Pro. That's not to say I'm only getting the Pro for Last Guardian, but that's one of many reasons.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

bought fallout 4 on the steam sale.

i love fallout new vegas, and enjoyed fallout 3. heck, i even played fallout tactics back in the day. which i have somewhere among my cd rom collection. i play a lot of RPGs, i've been playing rpgs since phantasy star 2. daggerfall is my favorite RPG ever made. Skyrim is a fraction of what Daggerfall is. But, it was still an RPG. this is barely an RPG. your character is stuck being either one of two jobs, there are no skill points, that's replaced by perks. I am just able to start modding, and crafting. that used to be determined by how much science you got, and sometimes repair. but now, that just doesn't exist. I don't feel like this is my character. I feel like this is Bethesda's character. where in fallout new vegas, 3, daggerfall, and even skyrim, i was playing a character that i created, and i felt like no two characters would ever be a like since there are so many options. and i am not just talking about cosmetics. Skyrim also lacked the skill points, which is one if it's biggest flaws in my mind. Oblivion, if i recall correctly, had skill points. skill points is a big component in creating a character that is uniquely yours.

graphically it is amazing. even if i am only able to play it on medium graphics, it is still amazing. it is HUGE leap from the previous games, but there is very little actual substance here. the enemy AI is terrible, the dialog system is a joke. and combat is not nearly as fluid, or fun as in previous fallout games, like new vegas. It is hard not to compare this to new vegas, especially since i bought both of them for under $20. i bought new vegas back during the summer sale, and bought this during the winter sale. between the two of them, New Vegas is the better game. while Fallout 4 does not appear to be a bad game, it just is no longer an RPG. it feels more like i am playing a call of duty game, mixed with minecraft.

it isn't a bad game, it just made me want to go back to playing New Vegas, and I did. I'll probably go back to it later.

the pro does play games much better at the original graphics. i recommend doing that. it doesn't do well at 2k. but, that is exactly why i bought the pro, instead of the original or the slim, because i knew that there would be games that would just be played better on the pro.

7. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Eve Valkyrie on PlayStation VR. Just finished Batman: Arkham VR tonight.

8. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haven't played it in a while, but I decided to play Killer Instinct (X1). I was 30 achievement points away from 140K. So I figured I should at least hit 140k before the end of the year.

9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Link's Awakening DX. I'm wandering aimlessly in Turtle Rock and still haven't found the dungeon item yet.

10. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Never figured myself much for a mobile gamer... but can't stop playing FFBE (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) for the moment. Still trying to get a feel for the game, but having fun with it so far.

11. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Just finished Dark Souls. Unfortunately I've already completed 2&3, so I've got no more Dark Souls to play. Fantastic series, possibly my new favourite...might buy a PS4 just for Bloodborne.

12. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I'm playing Shantae: Half Genie Hero on Steam. I like it just as much as Pirate's curse, but like that game I'll never finish it because the final dungeon has Balloon Fight style flight controls around instant death spikes. I really just want to get to the final boss so I can get the story but I'm not gonna a be doing it any time soon.

13. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Trying to start a Metal Gear marathon using my PS3 Legacy Collection, but the first three games are missing and I have to use a download code to get them, and the manual is telling me that I need the original PS1 disk to be able to play the Metal Gear Solid Special Missions.

Okay, first off: the collection is a lie. You don't get everything ready and set on desk which is bullshit! And Second, are you out of your freakin' mind?!! Do expect players to have the original PS1 copy on hand in order to get the rest of what they paid for in this "Legacy" collection?!! Who designed this?!! Who thought this was a good design choice?!! Well THANKFULLY I still have my PS2 collection that I never thought I'd actually need anymore but seriously?!

14. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Isn't that set just the HD collection and MGS4 with codes for the PS1 stuff?

MG1+2 are inside MGS3 since its a port of the Subsistence version and I gather that the download version of Special Missions has the necessary data inside to do the original disc swap.

15. SHINOBI03

And turned out they were. Why all this hustle and time wasted on downloading and installing the games instead of just having them on the main menu? I don't know but it sure did waste my day.

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

There isn't a PS3 version of MGS1 and i'd imagine that the system doesen't have the ability to run its PS1 emulator inside a PS3 game.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+

Still figuring out how exactly the new character item "Void" even works, since even without it I got lucky on the first run with new character Apolloyn (quad shot radioactive Cricket's Body with level 1 Meat cube, Big Fan, and fly halo PLUS Box of Friends in the end) by clearing both the Boss Rush and Hush despite having only five hearts, unlocking the new area without even knowing it beforehand.

I think the new, true final boss, epic as it is storywise, has bugs though since as his health falls he seems to ramp up his speed to impossible levels to the point I'm getting hit by things I'm not even SEEING.

And the new regular bosses are all bastards, too, with patterns a bit too wide to easily avoid within any acceptable margins. Since it only launched yesterday I'm not too upset as many people share the same sentiments as I do and so tweaks should be upcoming soon enough.

18. SHINOBI03

Still going through the original Metal Gear. Now I'm at the part where every soldier detects me whenever I enter a new zone. It doesn't matter if they see me or not, once I enter a new zone they detect me immediately and it's not really making things easier for me.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just beat Mighty No. 9. Fun game with a few areas & boss fights that had me cussing at the tv for a while. The ending was a big "huh?" though. Some text to explain exactly what was going on would've been nice. Even the original Megaman had some text to celebrate with.

And then... 4 HOURS of credits!!! Still, nice that they listed every single person that backed the game. Hats off to them for that. And thankfully you can skip whole chunks of it or just the whole thing.

All in all, i'd recommend this game to anyone that likes Megaman style games.

20. gregles

gregles quintesson

Been playing dishonerd 2 to get me away from usual diet of fighting games (street fighter V and Garou) and what an amazing game dishonerd 2 is. I feel almost guilty for getting it as cheap as I did this close to its launch. It looks incredible with a really vibrant sense of setting as it feels very lived in and authentic compared to Deus ex that felt hallow. I like how the game trusts you to do things your own way with its powers. Never played the first one but once I have completed this a few times I might get the ps4 version to have a mess with. It seems odd that this game was only launched a few weeks ago, is awesome and yet I have hardly seen any hype for it, well not here at least anyway.