What are YOU doing, right now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FatalT 71, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Going out for some fresh air, take a shower and head off to a anime convention

2. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Listening to Marty Friedman's new album. :buttrock 

• Like Like x 1
  3. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Typing a response to this thread on tfw2005

• Like Like x 1
  4. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Just got done reading about i belive 200 pages

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

just sat down in my lazyboy chair after slowly walking to the bathroom and back with a killer chronic pain in my lower back. just took my pain meds. higher than a motherf*****!!!

6. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Just got done shopping, cooking and cleaning dinner. Isn't my life absolutely fascinating? :rolleyes: 

Feel better @MetalRyde

• Like Like x 1
  7. Venixion

News Credits:
    Indeed. :p 

8. MetalRyde

playing Pokémon Crystal. i made a bad mistake level grinding my pokémon team to the point where they don't follow my orders.

• Like Like x 1
  9. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Closing the YMCA. Off next to Target for water bottles and window shopping.

10. MetalRyde

Thinking how to get my dog off my head.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    Getting ready to watch Game of Thrones.

12. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

Well, quite...

Personally, I SHOULD be working, but I'm not... ;) 

13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What am I doing right now?

Grinding my forehead against the wall while on hold with Medicare after three and a half hours of trying to get the information necessary to help a relative get started with it, after it turned out the information we were previously given back when we did our due diligence to find out what exactly, in painstaking detail, they were supposed to do upon applying, was all incorrect.

We went through the same song and dance already months ago, you see. We called every relevant agency ten times, double checked all the information, did our due diligence, planned everything out.

We were told at that time that Medicaid would work with Medicare via something called buy-in, to pay for their Part B premium. Multiple people, on multiple occasions, in three different agencies (SSA, Medicare, and our state's Medicaid agency) confirmed that this would be the case.

So we signed up, as they told us to, sent in the relevant information, and waited. We did so at the very start of the optimum window for applying to avoid penalties, etc.

So, naturally, instead of any of that being true, or at least being clearly, unambiguously true, last week, said family member received a bill for their part B Premium. A big bill, saying it had to be paid by the end of this month.

"Typical," I said. So, since they're not in the best of health and don't understand any of this, I've been trying to straighten out what happens next ever since on their behalf. This is what I've been told today:

Medicare says Medicaid will pay their part B premium because of their income, as previously stated, and, "They should never have been sent the bill." Okay, sounds great, right? Just a mistake.

However...

... Medicaid says the Social Security Administration pays the premium, not Medicaid, and that we have to send the relevant information to SSA instead - that we were given incorrect information, and may now be so late in getting this corrected that at least for the first three month premium, they may have to pay it out of pocket.

So we contact SSA, and...

.. SSA says, no, that's wrong, Medicaid does indeed work with with Medicare to pay it. And they instruct us NOT to send them (SSA) the relevant info, as it's unnecessary.

So we call Medicaid and Medicare back... who then both tell us, no, SSA will pay it. And around and around we go.

Finally, after three and a half hours, having calls escalated, consulting with a social security attorney about who exactly to call and what questions to ask, etc. etc. this is the first consistent conclusion of all three agencies that they actually agree upon (and we are quite circumspect about whether even this is correct):

Said family member may or may not have to pay the bill themselves, either this first time, or perpetually. And when, some time between one week and three months from now, the Medicaid & Medicare buy in eligibility is "fully processed," they may or may not then start paying the part B Premium instead of it being said family member's responsibility.

And we won't which version of these events will become reality, until said family member receives a letter from Medicaid confirming that they are paying it, OR another bill from Medicare, this time confirming that they ARE responsible to pay for it themselves, and that they are now delinquent and at that point - and only that point - they should pay the premium to avoid losing coverage altogether.

So... I must say, the total lack of terrifyingly inconsistent and mutually contradictory information makes for an incredibly smooth transition for said family member into their golden years. It's not at all an enormous source of stress for them, and I'm so glad the information provided by the relevant agencies is both clear and prompt enough to avoid potential complications. It's awesome.

I'm not getting a temple pounding migraine at all, and it wouldn't be detrimental to their blood pressure and other health issues if they had to cope with this themselves instead of me, no siree bob...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :thumb :thumbs2: :wtf: 

Anyway, one way or another, they will be "okay," but they may experience a pretty big financial hardship that the "extra help" (for prescriptions) won't spare them from. So we'll see. I just can't believe how badly the right hand can't clearly articulate what the left hand is doing and vice-a-versa.

14. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Preparing dinner.

• Like Like x 2
  15. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Addendum: And now, I'm BANGING my head on my desk, because despite all of the above... now said family member has received a letter as of this afternoon, informing them that they are LOSING THEIR MEDICAID, because, "you do not currently have Medicare part A or B," despite them having already provided all of the proof that they are enrolled in both to Medicaid and the SSA, as per THEIR request lol. >_<

What in the actual hell? I don't look forward to turning 65 myself someday if this is what you go through when transitioning to Medicare...

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Totally understand your frustration... but unless you're born b4 1942 you don't get to retire at 65. :/

Anyone born after 1960 it's 67 or possibly higher as they have requested more than once to raise the 'full' retirement age to 70.

I remember helping my folks with all of this... we went several months b4 their 62nd birthday since they both wanted/needed to take early retirement bennies. I know they recommend 3 months, but I think closer to six is best for all the red tape.

Hope you get things worked out... and sooner rather than later. Good luck. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Venixion

News Credits:
    Waiting for laundry

18. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    They're not retiring. They're just applying for Medicare, as they are required to at 65 as they'll otherwise lose their Medicaid and have nothing. Their full retirement age isn't until 70 (well, for full SS benefits at least.)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  19. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Reading a Star Wars fanfic or two

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  20. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    This was b4 2010 when the enrollment skyrocketed because those services were opened to many who didn't qualify before... (not sure what state you're in but that makes it crazy too, it's not the same state by state)
    ....and it was a little different for my folks, they could afford Part B and didn't need Medicaid, they just wanted their SS bennies.

Thank heavens from the sound of what you're going thru.

• Like Like x 1