What are things about MTMTE that you don't like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Aug 30, 2013.

1. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    I definitely agree that some people try to share their terrible ideas with the nicety of manners.

That's true, and no matter what we do we won't ever be able to change the opinions of some. I think we can change the opinions of people who are... for lack of a better vocabulary, unintentionally bigoted. I think we can get them far more easily, though, if we extend a friendly hand instead of a clenched fist. Lead by example and all that.

I agree. If we can't change a bigot's feelings, we can at least insure they're civil. I just think, given time, we CAN change their misconceptions by showing them that people from different walks of life aren't what they think they are.

I definitely think there are advocates that want change and offer exceptional alternatives. I think Anita Sarkeesian is a good example of that to varying degrees. I don't agree with all her points, but I see good intent to her videos. The point of her advocacy, as far as I'm aware, is to try to change society for the better (Not make fun of those that disagree). That's something I respect. Even if I don't agree with all her points.

I feel like I should clarify something from my previous posts. I don't have a problem with ALL ***s. I think overall it's a good movement that wants noble things. I guess I should say that I'm critical of SOME ***s.

2. Slingshot

Slingshot Headmaster

News Credits:
    While I have no respect at all for ***s, or their use of intimidation and bullying, this discussion is leaning more towards a political topic, especially in the last few posts, so I suggest we stop talking about ***s, and the far left, and get back to talking about MTME. We don't need another "should gender be introduced in Transformers" thread fall out.

3. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    Fair enough. Consider it dropped.

4. Feral_Prime

Feral_Prime Slaver

I love this post... I read it yesterday, and since I'm still laughing today, I had to say something. :lol