What are things about MTMTE that you don't like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Aug 30, 2013.

1. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see

2. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I don't think it's racist. I think that each forged body is unique. But because of demand for bodies, they had to mass produce parts for the cold constructed.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I don't mind fictional racism in a fictional world featuring fictional characters. Gives more depth to their world without really treading on the toes of racism in our world.

4. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    I think we all forget Pipes got his moment. He was able to hold it together literally, enough to hit the alarm. Who knows how many others he would have happened upon unawares. I like to think he died a little hero.

5. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Yeah he did^

6. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I thought Padilla's art was good. Really strong even, with a good sense of pacing and direction. It was probably the strongest of the fill in artists to date, and even then they've all done an excellent job, with the book retaining it's central feel. At the end of the day, even if you don't like the style, the story is told clearly and concisely. Not a sign of a bad comic book artist.

And I'm also an artist, and incredibly sensitive to the art I encounter, but I've also been reading comics for the past 30 years. I've seen abysmal and that wasn't it.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *reads every post, considers carefully*

What are things about MtMtE I don't like?

Apparently, NOTHING.

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    It's almost a shame that 1984forever has left. His contributions to this thread would be absolutely hilarious!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Y'know what else bothers me? (Although this is technically a problem with IDW in general)

We've gotten too many characters that out-evil Megatron to the point that he doesn't seem like that bad a guy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Have we, though? Keep in mind that, on Megatron's orders, the Phase Sixera have brought genocide to multiple planets. I mean, at the very least Black Shadow wiped out Rigel IV.

11. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Still, would you rather be stuck in a room with Overlord or Megatron?

12. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Megatron, Overlord enjoys killing so he would make is slow. Megatron may go faster....and not into torture as much as Overlord.

13. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

Weeellll...I don't know. I thought it was pretty bad, but perhaps abysmal was too strong a word. The biggest error was the scale. It was absolutely kicked out the window. I'm sorry, but when minibots like Tailgate and Swerve are drawn the same size as Ratchet, I can't just ignore it.

I guess Milne and Roche have spoiled me.

14. Scaldron

Scaldron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the way he drew faces was off enough to distract me just a bit from the actual issue. The scale with Swerve and Tailgate was sort of "ah well whatever," but the way he drew, say Drift and Ratchet, sort of detracted from that scene towards the end.

15. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

God, yes. Their faces were another big problem.

16. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hmm

1. It takes a month in between issues.

2. Evil Star Saber :( 

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Nice!

I don't think that's remotely true. IDW brought G1 Megatron from "generic evildoer" to "genius psychopath mastermind warlord." When Tarn quotes his manifesto it's a chilling look into Megatron's head.

The guy won't stop and won't rest until he murders violence out of the universe.

That, and he could have trivially seized power in RiD with his charisma and connections alone, but he doesn't see working within ANY sort of system as acceptable anymore. It's not worth doing if it doesn't leave his enemies dead.

No, no, no. Overlord, Thunderwing, Tarn, Bludgeon, Turmoil, Scorponok...all just a bunch of animals that could never have been a planetary-level threat to anyone without the deranged vision of Megatron to unite them and consciously harness their savagery, cold-bloodedly exterminating whole planets. In Marvel he seems superfluous, but in IDW he's the center of everything.

As for Galvatron, Tyrest, and Nova Prime, their short-term plans were all more destructive than Megatron's (Megatron has the MOST destructive long-term plans and has caused by far the most deaths to date), but appropriately they didn't really have his staying power. Special note: Tyrest conspires with biological life forms, indicating that he at least sees them as people, unlike the 'trons or Prime.

As for Jhiaxus and Shockwave, we have yet to see.

18. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Quote of the day. +50

19. Inaction Master

Inaction Master Ridercon

Yeah, that's something that I recall kind of echoing when they first popped up. Looking back on it now, I feel like there should have been some scene showing how it was they got the drop on Blackshadow before they started with the torture and execution. Maybe there was something they had on them that they had used to blindside him and take him down, like Overlord's original "kill-switch" before Shockwave took it out of him.

20. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pacing, especially between issues is really uneven and doesn't really do a good job at building to a climax.

The clunky exposition and infodumps.

Over emphasis on worldbuilding and backstory to the point where the actual plot of a given issue is almost forgettable.

All of the enemies basically being singularily focussed mad men. They're starting to blur together.

Over use of shock imagery, especially when most of the time, it's immediatly reversed.
    And on the same topic: all of the fake deaths.

Poor handling of action scenes. This one is partially Milne's fault, but the problem is still there with the other artists.

It's still a book that has a lot of positives, which are so talked to death here its not worth mentioning, and its worth my money every month which is actually a big accomplishment at 3.99, but it has quite a lot of flaws. And as time goes on more and more of Roberts' negative quirks become evidant.