What are things about MTMTE that you don't like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Scaldron

Scaldron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I guess I thought of another thing, though it's more with Remain in Light than the whole book.

Remain in Light seems to want to end this season on a "clean finish" or something like that, wrapping up most things before moving onto Dark Cybertron and season two. And I dunno, I just don't really like that?

I was kinda hoping that Skids getting kidnapped by Legislators was going to be its own separate thing from Tyrest's schemes and stuff just so at least something was gonna be open-ended by the time the arc was finished, for instance.

Sure, we have the Scavengers and the D.J.D. and "the coffin" and stuff with the Necrobot and possibly the Institute, but I guess I was just expecting more out of the Skids plot than an issue's worth of exposition explaining pretty much everything about him. Not that that was necessarily bad or anything, but it just wasn't as cool as I'd have hoped, y'know?

2. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

Oh, dear God, THIS. Overlord is just absurdly overpowered. I'm so sick of his almost demigod-like portrayal that I could wring a neck or two.

I hope than if and when he finally meets Megatron, Megs beats him to a pulp just to cut him down to size. His ego is waaaay too large. I'm also sick of him killing at least one person in nearly every issue he's in. "Lul, cuz I'm a Phase Sixer and I can do what I want! Eff you, Megatron!"

It seems like they're going for the "cool, badaft rebel" thing, but he really just comes off as an annoying, attention-starved little kid.

All of that is probably intentional, but it still bothers me to no end.

So I guess add Overlord to the things I don't like about MTMTE. *hides*

3. Scaldron

News Credits:
    See, I think I'm more bothered by Overlord's (and Black Shadow's, too) invulnerability than his firepower. 'cause back in -ations, Sixshot was still a powerful world-killer (not to mention he was an actual six-changer), but Optimus could put up a decent fight.

But you could throw hundreds and thousands of 'bots at Black Shadow and Overlord and at least Overlord could come out mostly unscathed and with a decent kill count.

4. TFGrace13

Exactly! He's untouchable! And it's illogical! Ughhh...I need a Dr. Pepper...

5. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    I actually really liked Padilla's art on 16.

Oh, Josh! :rolleyes:  (It was great seeing you at Botcon, by the way!)

6. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how much of that "Phase Sixers are indestructible!" stuff is exaggeration, seeing as how Tesaurus was able to chop off Black Shadow's legs.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Which is funny, because LSOTW flatly states "Overlord is powerful, but he's not omnipotent."

8. TFGrace13

I completely forgot about that. They're contradicting themselves! This is madness! DX

9. tbx76

tbx76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously looking for something to complain about this series is hard. It's witty, well written, beautifully drawn(mostly) and colored. The only complaint I could possibly have its that Roberts could use 20 more pages each issue to get his true vision of the story out.

10. Scaldron

News Credits:
    Wasn't that because his chest blades were made of ununtrium, and they worked in a sort of "diamond-cuts-diamond" way?

11. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't know, was that said anywhere?

12. Scaldron

News Credits:
    I believe it was in one of the IDW forums Q&A things with Roberts? Not a 100% sure on that, though.

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    ...But the point is that Tyrest is utterly crazy. Or are you just saying that having blantently racist characters makes you feel uncomfortable?

I don't really think that's fair, what with Tailgate more or less working out that the Legislators were connected to the Tyrest Accord somewhere around the third issue and all. It was always going to be related to Tyrest's schemes.

What bothers me the most is probably Pipes' death. I mean, the guy went through hell at every turn and then his death was completely overshadowed by Rewind's, basically never to be mentioned again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFGrace13

This bothers me, as well. Not that I don't love Rewind to bits, but jeez, at least give Pipes a mention, or a funeral! Poor little guy...he had a horrible time of it...

All the more reason for me to dislike Overlord. Pipes wasn't doing anything to him, just merrily rolling along. And Overlord just crunches him to death under his foot. Unbelievable. I must admit, I cried reading his garbled last words. :( 

15. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I am saying a blatant racist character does make feel a bit uncomfortable. I think it is a good thing but sometimes it can be overdone. Racisim is not gone like most people want to think it is still around.

16. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I'm sure at some point Roberts has killed a character or is going to kill a character who's toy I owned. That always pisses me off.

17. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Well, yeah, racism still exists. THAT'S why it's in the book. Just because an evil still exists doesn't mean it shouldn't be shown in art. I don't really get your logic there.

18. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a good thing that Racism needs to be discussed. I kind of got irritated when Rachet has racist views in the belief is that good medic is a forged mech. It would be more in line with Sunstreaker or Mirage than it would be with Ratchet. You can have some chars like Tyrest being racist and not being over the top. I admit Ratchet thinking that way is surprising because I kind of figured he sees all mechs are equal when they need a medic or being a medic. Being racist when a medic is not a good thing. I am not crazy about some of the things Roberts is doing with Ratchet. Some of the things been said already that coincide with First Aid's viewpoints.

19. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

Ratchets view's aren't racist though. He just doesn't believe in the Primus creation story.

20. tbx76

tbx76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the dark beauty of it all though: Pipes was so darn unlucky that he couldn't even catch a break at his own funeral. I like Pipes, but I find this cleverly ironic.