What are things about MTMTE that you don't like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    The monthly wait.

2. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

You devil, you. XD

3. Dr Acula

Dr Acula New Member

- Dialogue - Many of the characters have the same 'voice'. Virtually everyone is witty, with quick jokes and snarky comments, regardless of what their actual personality is supposed to be. There are times where I'm sure I'd lose track of who is speaking if not for the word balloons pointing to the speakers...and I did lose track a couple of times during "Signal to Noise".

- Swerve - I realize Swerve's supposed to be annoying to some extent, but I also get the feeling he's supposed to evoke some sympathy too (has no friends, etc). But I don't empathize with the character; I just hate him. I remember reading issue 12 (?) where he shot his own face off and thinking "good, maybe he's finally dead". It doesn't help that Swerve gets a lot of focus, particularly in Spotlight Hoist, which was probably more about Swerve than the title character. I'm skipping the upcoming Generations Swerve because it's based on this version of the character, that's how much I dislike him.

I'm also not sure how I feel about Rung, since the character has a number of Mary Sue traits, but I'm willing to see where Roberts is going with him before judging.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    That issues are so short and so much goodness has to besqueezed into so little space and sometimes rushed.

And the wait between issues.

You guys complaing about no Sunstreaker, two words for ya;

Spotlight Hoist.

5. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love color it is my favorite thing. The colorist is making the issue. He is handsome I guess I am poor judge of human beauty. Ack you devil now I am quoting Pongo from 101 Dalmatians. I am so doomed.

6. TFGrace13

I mean in MTMTE itself. Not just one dinky little Spotlight.

Though it was a good issue.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Same. Especially on important issues.

Right, because it's not like different people crack wise in real life. ONLY ONE PERSON MAY EVER JOKE. Everyone must be completely rigid and never flex outside their one-word described personality.

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, but in Spotlight Hoist he tells us that he's keeping his head down, having some quiet time just him and Bob because he's fed up of being questioned all the time. He's in the background because that's where he wants to be.

9. bearsuit

bearsuit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I generally really like the stories and the way the issues are drawn and colored. The character designs are terrible though. The bodies are too curvy and human looking. I prefer the original designs. The art in the annual was atrocious, too.

10. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I know right? When I'm with friends we always ensure that only one of us is ever funny. Wouldn't be realistic otherwise.

If I had one criticism, it's the comic's tendency to slide into talking heads mode when there's exposition to be done. Like, a slightly too large portion of Remain in Light thus far has been people having conversations with each other about the plot.

Other than that, I'm getting a little tired of the 'Tailgate's lack of general knowledge is a vehicle to explain concepts that are well-known in-universe' device. Nothing fundamentally wrong with having an audience surrogate character like that, but it does happen a bit often.

11. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    My only complaint (I'm hesitant to call it that) is that the script is so packed with story and dialog, that action sequences are often truncated to safe space. This past issue was the worst example; the Dai Atlas/Star Saber showdown should have been a fight of epic proportions, yet it lasted what, three panels?

I would love for there to be a writer's cut version of that fight.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    As of right now..no fembots on board the ship. Though I have hope we'll see a change to that.

13. TFGrace13

I know, I just miss him. :( 

14. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

That's not really this book's fault.

The knowledge I'll never write anything this good.

15. Dr Acula

Dr Acula New Member

I'm sure you know damn well what I mean. Or at least I hope you do, because the only other alternative is that you're a complete idiot...which I'm not prepared to rule out either.

Jesus, I'd forgotten how many complete fucking assholes there are on this site.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Just put the people that irritate you on your ignore list. It makes the boards a hell of a lot more tolerable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. unhappybludgeon

unhappybludgeon Decepticon

Blaster. I wish Blaster got more play, other than that, I've enjoyed it so far.

Yeah, I can see where that might cheese someone off.

18. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I kinda wish that we had some more Decepticons in the crew. Cyclonus wasn't ever a Decepticon, so he doesn't count. It'd be interesting to see how some rank and file Con, and see him work with Bots now that the war is over. We've got the Scavengers, but they aren't interacting with the Lost Lights crew. And all the other Decipticons, well the war might as well still be on.

Fortress Maximus being a normal sized Transformer. Sorry but when you have the second biggest toy ever, and a name like Fortress Maximus he really should be a big guy.

Super powered Decepticons. It bothered me so many high ranking Cons were so uber powerful and impossible for the bots to stop in G1, and the Phase Sixers are even worse than that. If Megs had these guys, why not just send them into wherever the Autobots have set up their command center, until all the Autobot commanders are dead?

In name only charecters. Star Saber is the worst, but it applys to Overlord and others. If your going to use a charecter why drop every single personality trait that made them who they were? The only reasons I can think of is either cheap shock value, or for some inexplicable reason Roberts hates Star Saber. Maybe because he wasn't in issue 113? The really sad thing is that if someone else ever wanted to use Star Saber in the IDWverse, they can't because of him being a religious psycho. Worst case scenario it ends up like Hank Pym, and the character can never escape from the shadow of it.

113. Dude either go somewhere with it, or stop randomly dropping it. You know what makes arc words and numbers work right? They eventually pay off and mean something, and aren't just randomly repeated over and over again. By now we all know it was the first issue you read and it got you into transformers.

Not enough uses of the term "Super Unvincible".

I would say the fact nobody has serously said "Impossible! Our laser fire is only making him stronger!" but there is still time.

Well thats every little nitpick, and one big pet peeve I've got. Don't worry I'm sure I can find something to have an angry rant about tommorrow.

19. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

The fact that I have no money so I can't read it.

20. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is good book....I always enjoy reading it. That what makes a great writer is you have to reread it and you always pick up something new.

It sometimes I feel Roberts want a double size comic book release on the monthly basis...so everything going in his head get a place in the story. If I was going choose I rather have those details he has in the story and not have them

I am not going into the Art because it hard to change the size of the scale of Transformers and have you draw one. I am still inking two fan arts and guess what it is harder than it looks. Which tomorrow I have uploads for the deviant art page.

With more MTMTE it intense read and yeah I wish Roberts paced it a bit but it would be like 200 page comic every month. I think the Artist will have revolt if they have produce 200 page panels worth of art.