what are these things??

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Psychrome86, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

i don't know where or how i came to possess these things but i'd really like to know what they are. any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

This probably would be better in the toyark. As to what these are, they're obviously pieces to some role playing game, but of what I have no idea.

3. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

well it wasn't obvious to me because up until my last google search i had no idea there were physical versions of RPGs. thanks though.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The ones with the circular bases appear to be figures for the Warhammer 40,000 game. Probably Space Marines-aligned, or however more normal human troops are labeled.

Don't recognize the others.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

The black ones in the front look like Warhammer 40k Space marines scouts from an old edition (2nd or a 3rd), the right one in the front has a sniper rifle, the second one from right in the second row has a chainsword and a plasma pistol, I also see some with shotguns....

The colored ones in the middle look like Ral Partha rpg miniatures. Don't know about the ones in the back....

And the miniatures for wargaming and roleplaying have been around since the early '80s. Warhammer minis (not 40k, I mean Fantasy Battle) are from '83 if I'm not mistaken.

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

razor is right on (except for the dates.... many minis are much older than the 80's... I have some D&D ones from '77) with the figures. To add on... I think the back ones may be from Reaper minis.

7. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Your local games/hobby/maybe comic shop could probably be of some assistance on this.

But basically they are most likely wargaming miniatures.