What Are The Odds That Windcharger Starts Showing Up At Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jun 8, 2011.

?

Knowing what we know now, Will Wincharger start to show up at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Too Hard To Tell

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Now that we've seen Reveal The Shield showing up at these stores, what are the odds we see Windcharger at some point.

We've seen Grappel, Lugnut, Wreck Gar, G2 Prime, Perceptor, Bumblebee, Jazz, the G1 Legends etc. etc. etc. At these discount stores.

I think it's only a matter of time before Wincharger shows his face at one or all of these retailers.

What do you think?

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that if Demolition Rumble shows up there I'm going to flog myself.

Also, look on this whole thing as a lesson learned. Although I'm not going to hit up every discount retailer in the state looking for one of these things in any case. Can HTS get it freaking TOGETHER already?

3. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's very possible. Not not likely.

4. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Exactly....instead of selling their RTS product to a more than willing and eager fanbase, they dump it all on Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx.

Makes zero sense.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Seems more likely than not at this point.

A possible distinction is that RTS toys previous to that wave were released at retail somewhere, even if not the U.S.

Rumble, Bodyblock, Downshift, i don't think we ever saw more than one or two in package.

6. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

I’d say there’s a better chance of this happening than not. A lot of recent GI Joe merch mainly from the end of the movie line that was supposed to have hit retail but only really showed up overseas eventually ended up at Ross about a year after they were initially supposed to be released, this was after Hasbro had shown off the figures and subsequently said that they had been cancelled. It might take a while but I think come towards the end of the year or early next year at latest we might start seeing this wave in discount stores.

7. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    Thing is, I've seen legends but not really scouts.

8. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    The stuff going to Marshall's and such is also the stuff that was in or earmarked for the general US distribution system but did not go anywhere between HFTD toys not moving and retailers instead preferring to stock up on DOTM as soon as it became active. This is most definitely not all stuff that HTS is dumping off.

It is certainly possible that Windcharger and Chopsaw could appear soon just as Lugnut and Grappel have. But it will definitely be a similar situation to the supply HTS had where the very few Windchargers will go extremely quickly and the previous wave leftovers will sit around. I personally don't believe Rumble, Downshift, or ...other recolor from the next group... will show, because I'm no longer convinced that an actual production run of those happened, and that the factories just turned out some samples for final approval and that's where the packaged photos we saw came from.

The Frumble mold right now probably has a better chance at being someone's store exclusive than it does appearing at discount out of the blue. But I'm not even counting on that, since Animated taught us that Hasbro seemingly views a Takara release of a given mold as adequate return on the tooling investment.

9. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    I am ALL FOR this, we're paying like 50-60% less! :) 

10. untitledblinkfa

untitledblinkfa Well-Known Member

What's the general idea on the margin on a normal figure for hasbro ? I mean if they are ok with them going to Ross or marshalls instead of the hts where it would sell for more, i imagine the markup is pretty high

11. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Very true...but, the discount stores are very hit or miss....and you waste ALOT of time and gas hunting for them at these stores.

12. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he will. Also check Tuesday Morning and Factory 2 U.

13. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Stupid question time....what is that?

14. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same thing as ROSS, TJ Maxx etc. just not as big. Factory 2 U from what I can tell is like Family Dollar. I've been finding HFTD at this place. DD's Discount is another place similar.

15. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

last night I was browsing the buy it now windchargers on ebay and one of them caught my eye it had one of those big white price tags that ross, marshalls and tj maxx put on their toys they were asking 26.99 for it. I couldn't make out on the pic because the resolution of the pic.
    But I am pretty sure that came from a dept. store. A month ago I would've bought it at that price but I am going to hold out becasue I have a feeling any day or week now I will run across him at one of these stores. I found a wreckgar and trail cutter last weekend at marshalls and saw one of the motorcycle scouts chopsaw I think is the name? Isn't that a windcharger case mate. I am guessing someone beat me on windcharger. So keep looking out guys, he is out there.

16. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Who knows. Maybe? Hard to say.

I mean the RTS Legends were never sighted at any other major retailer that I'm aware of, and these closeout stores have been getting those, so yeah... a good sign if you go by that.

I hope voyager Grapple shows up too, for that matter. Never got one. Never even heard of a regular retail sighting, either.

17. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

I just re-read this after I posted and was like WTF...

Those voyagers have been found at these places already!?

EDIT: Nevermind! Just saw the dedicated Ross sightings thread on these...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  18. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    So... you looked something like this?

[​IMG]

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After buying Megatron and Optimus in the Legends Class, I'd say it's more than likely. Just a matter of time.

I probably should've purchased Trailcutter and Prowl, but I just didn't feel a pull towards them. I wanted 'Screamer, but he wasn't there. :( 

Prime's good, not great, but a neat one. Megatron however... Fantastic. Amazing figure for the size. Impressive gun mode too. Hasbro really put some effort into that little guy. Well worth the $3.99 I paid.

20. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits: