What are the odds of Hasbro bringing back these Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pikatron, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I really like what Hasbro has done so far with their Classics line. It looks like they really learned a lot from working on the Alternators line. Astrotrain, especially, turned out a lot better than I expected. With that said, what are the odds of Hasbro bringing back Blitzwing in a similar manner?

Oh and while they're at it, it'd be awesome to see the constructacons brought back too.

2. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

3. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think cosmos and jazz are the next ones planned, IF they release any more as designs were shown at botcon weren't they? i know i saw cosmos, but as its only a filler line till the movie i highly doubt they will release any more after that..... if they decide to release those two

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'm hoping Classics becomes what Universe was promised to be. A filler line trotted out a couple times a year with one or two waves of figures each year. For starters, they are awesome. And this kind of awesomeness shouldn't end.

However, that said, I don't think it should be mainline type releases with Classics. Slow and steady is the way they should go. Maybe, if Alternators is really going away, Classics could take their place. Cheaper = more kid appeal, plus the old collectors will keep buying them if the quality stays what it is right now.

I'd hate to see Classics just be the two waves we've seen thus far. And if they don't release that Cosmos design at some point, it'd be a crying shame. It'll be one of those things if not ever released that everybody asks about for years to come. Too cool not to love.

5. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Is there a picture of "Classics" Cosmos online anywhere? I'd like to see what all the excitement/hope is about.

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say we're likely to see any number of G1 characters make an appearance. However, at Botcon I heard a definite "no" on Cosmos. I think as far as other releases, speculation isn't really going to get us anywhere other than raising our hopes and expectations, so if a figure isn't made we'll all just be disappointed. Quite frankly, I'm happy with what we've got and am just waiting to see what Hasbro does next. Speculation isn't going to do anything other than cause dissapointment.

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Does Hasbro not think that Cosmos is worth making? That thing was bad-ass.

8. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

The Design Team wants Cosmos made, but Marketing says no, because he's not a recognizable face. As for the picture....

[​IMG]

9. Night Flame

The story I heard was that they "HAVE" to sell it in alt mode and it'd be difficult to sell a green disk. Why they wouldn't be able to make an exception and bot-mode him, or hell, I don't know, two-pack him, or just, uh, accept that he's as recognizable a face as Bumblebee I don't know.

I mean, let's be honest, it's not little kids who went insane with greed when first seeing pictures of Bumblebee was it? No, old timers. And I think kids of ALL ages like flying saucers, though that probably isn't as popular as it used to be.

Ah well, the day-dreams of what could have been. My wife would kill for that Cosmos. He's second in line behind Starscream in her Transformers love list.

10. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

Aaron Archer said he's on the short list if they do more, so that's something to hope for.

And why every Transfan needs at least two sets of each wave of Classics. :) 

11. Night Flame

<--Has already bought three sets of wave one.

12. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

3 sets? Wow I just have 2 - one to take out of the packaging and play with and the other to keep in mint condition to keep in display and probably pass on to someone else 25 years from now. =)

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I don't understand why Hasbro decide to use the SL Buildron as "Classic Devastator". I was hoping new molds, not repaints. :cry 
    As for Blitwing: HELL YEAH! XD I would love to see another triple changer in this line, and once Blitwing is released I hope to see Springer. ^^

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I already have 2 BBs 2 Rodimus's and an Astrotrain :D 

15. Night Flame

3 sets.

1 to open and play with.
    1 to keep sealed.
    1 to repaint/kitbash in a very special way when I get the time.

And a couple extras of the molds that have potential for more than one good repaint/bash.

And I'd probably buy more if I had the spare change laying around so I had some to pass on to the youngsters in my life when the time was right.

16. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Cosmos! Cosmos! Cosmos! The people demand....Cosmos! Please?

17. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Dear Hasbro marketing,
    You will give me cosmos, or I will give you death.

(not really, but it would be sweet)