What Are The Odds Of Getting a Repaint Of The Universe Lambo Brothers Into Breakdown?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 8, 2009.

?

Do You Think We'll See A Repaint Of Universe Sideswipe And Sunstreaker Into Breakdown

1. Hell Yes!!!--Can't Wait!!

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Nope--Too obscure of a character.

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    What do you think the odds are of getting the Universe Lambo Brothers mold repainted into Breakdown from the Stunticons?

I could definitely see this on in the next wave of Hasbro SE figures or as a Japanese store exclusive like Wildrider.

What do you think?

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I assume it would be quite awhile if they even have any interest in doing one at all since Universe will be shelved again during the movie line. Personally I think they'd repaint Sideswipe into Red Alert first before even thinking about Breakdown. I'd be totally happy with another SE toy to release Breakdown personally.

3. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm hoping for a Red Alert repaint first but, I think Breakdown would be a great figure to do with this mold. I just hope they decide to make it a Hasbro SE figure and not a Japanese exclusive.......that way, it'll still be pretty easy to get. (unlike Wildrider.)

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah duder I'm with you there. I really want all 5 Stunticons released in Classicverse even if they are repaints.

5. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    hopefully they don't do to Universe what they did to Alt/BT - fill out the Decepticon roster with repaints!!

6. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Wow....so far the vote is "NO". I thought that since they already made Dragstrip and Wildrider that the Lambo brothers mold would be a perfect opportunity to make Breakdown.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think someone will eventually, though not necessarily the Hasbro mass-market. Possibilities include store exclusive, the "Special Edition" line that produced Drag Strip, or eventual Botcon or TFCC exclusive.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    YES!!!!!!!!!! must happen! i need a stunticon can't afford wildrider and can't find dragstrip......

or dead end from jazz.........whenever hasbro gets to him.....

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I really hope we don't. Fourth repaint of the mold? Pushing it a bit, no matter how good it is. I don't think it would kill HasTak to make a new mold for Breakdown, then repaint it into Dead End.

10. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I think so. Like you said, SE or Japanese exclusive.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think possibly as an exclusive. Maybe with one of the other car molds done up as one of the other Stunticons as a two pack. Call it "Decepticon Stunt Team" or something. It could work.

12. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro needs to be convinced that they will sell enough to make a profit. Otherwise, it may be exclusive. I would buy one regardless.

13. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I hope so, I wana build my collection.

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

No repaints of this mold please. I want new molds not more repaints. Frankly, I'm tired of buying the same shit over and over again telling myself "Well, its good enough."

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. I'd rather see Red Alert get made, and then they can make Punch/Counterpunch which would utilize the molds fullest potential.

16. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    amen.

i think i would buy it. this mold is incredible. BUT, keep in mind, its been used for sunstreaker, sideswipe, and soon to be red alert. a punch/cp repaint or a breakdown repaint would mean 4 repaints of the same mold, in 6 months! that's milking it a little imho

17. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Universe G1 Series (Classics 2.0) approaching hiatus this summer, I would prefer that they release a repaint sooner rather than later, as later would mean perhaps 2 years or never.
    I would rather have Punch/CounterPunch be another mold if they are going to do it at all. Does the G1 version resemble a Lamborghini like Breakdown (which makes the Stunticon a better candidate)?

18. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:

he resembles a sports car, but i admit breakdown looks more like the lambo. both could probably work. i think p/cp would be a better idea because this mold is the perfect mold to do that with. it probably wasnt easy making the mold have two different robot modes. i think it would be too much of a drag to make another mold with too robot modes. if they pass using this mold for p/co i dont think they will make a classic version of him at all

19. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised at the results of this poll as well. I understand the concept for Punch/Counterpunch, but I'd rather have a new Stunticon. Sooner or later, I wanna get Nem Prime and use him as Motormaster & I want to get that Drag Strip. The Wildrider, I don't know anything about.

20. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

I'd actually love to see a Breakdown someday even if it is a re-paint. I mean we got Wildrider, and we got Dragstrip; if another Stunticon shows up in the Classics/Universe toyline I think it'd be great.