What are the odds of a Nice Masterpiece Scaled Teletraan 1

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by lwbsami, Aug 14, 2016.

1. lwbsami

lwbsami Well-Known Member

With the way 3P Masterpiece is blowing up (along with official releases) I need more options for displaying my Toys!!!! Who else wants a awesome Teletraan 1 for these awesome figures we are getting? I will order the minute a pre-order opens.

Something other then giving a arm and leg for IGear

2. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Absolutely

3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Possibly a manchildren...maybe?

News Credits:
    Yeah... too bad iGear's gone silent or morphed/been absorbed into something else. They could probably clean up with an other release of their set.

4. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

There is certainly a demand for this, and considering how utterly simple it would be (a single piece of molded painted plastic), I'm surprised there isn't one already that doesn't have an eye gouging price tag affixed to it...

Maybe you could crowd fund?

5. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Speaking as an owner of the iGear CCC playset, I think it works well with CHUG scale but it's a bit small for MP. If iGear ever gets back into the 3P game, I hope they do make an upscaled and better QC'd Ark playset for MP figures. And a Nemesis version too since the Cons need some love as well.

6. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    That's the other bit, size. You're right, iGear aimed to size theirs to the largest market at the time. That said, it wouldn't take much more than an extra half inch of plastic added to the base of the main console of Teletraan for most people to be happy with the purchase.

7. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Well I personally am excited for X2 Toys display backgrounds/bases. I think they are a great alternative to the Igear set. They are coming out with a orange Autobot version and Purple Decepticon version. One set runs for $49.99. The more you buy the bigger your display can be. Supposedly if these sell well X2 Toys will come out with accessories/add ons for the bases to make them look like what you're looking for. I hope so cause I have several of them on pre-order.

They are for pre-order at the majority of popular toy/transformers sites.

Here's a couple links
    BBTS X2 Toys Autobot background
    BBTS X2 Toys Decepticon background
    TFSource X2 Toys Autobot Background
    TFSource X2 Toys Decepticon Background
    Robotkingdom X2 Toys Autobot Background
    Robotkingdom X2 Toys Decepticon background
    Aliexpress Uncle Billy X2 Toys Autobot Background

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  8. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    Doesn't Reprolabels sell great Teletraan 1 stages? I saw them advertised on their website but have never bought one.

9. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Although I like the look, why is a set of non transforming plastic plates 50 dollars?

I would get Teltran but not at prices like the above.

10. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    I was excited about these too at first. The more I thought them over, however, the less thrilled I became. I'm just not certain fifty dollars is a reasonable price for the set. Yes, you get seventy-two pieces but sixty of those pieces are all flat, repeated pattern pieces that make up floor and wall. No paint, no anything. And they're literally just pulling them from a mold cavity, cleaning off some flash and stick them in a box or bag. At half the price, I'd be all over it... maybe. But even then, the display area of one set will hold maybe five or six bots somewhat cramped.

But I think I can get a pretty decent display from two sheet of orange styrene and cover more area at a considerably lower price.

11. lwbsami

lwbsami Well-Known Member

This is it, I see it as something really easy to manufacture and I would think the demand is there. I'm ready to display my MP collection in style. I'm sure they could come up with something sweet, give me some lights and a big sticker sheet and I'll be stoked. I would even be interested in a Decepticon theme. Maybe Shockwave's Port or a Space Bridge. Come on 3P, make my collection look even better

12. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I totally agree about the price. I'm just not creative enough to make something on my own for my display. So these are the easiest but more expensive option for me. I looked at the Toyhax stages but I wanted something more customizable. Then X2 Toys announced these and I couldn't help but pre-order. Though I've had them on pre-order since last year! I don't know why they are taking so long to come out since like you said they are just pieces of plastic with no paint.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  13. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Fair enough... Admittedly, another reason I hold off on buying is because my "display" doesn't exist. the majority of my collection is boxed up so I have no immediate desire to own background display pieces that'll also remain in their packaging for the foreseeable future.

14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    We're way over due for something like this . I'd welcome a teletran 1 play set . So simple , yet totally being over looked . But hey , at least we have 4 different company's making a MP styled inferno ! ( bangs head against wall ) .....