What are the hard to finde US reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by battlebeasts, Nov 17, 2006.

1. battlebeasts

battlebeasts Banned

Are there any?

2. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

Comparatively, no not like Takara. Some are a bit harder to find, but that depends where you live. I would say the first ones are the hardest to find. Which ones did you have in mind specifically?

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The first wave US reissues are pretty hard to find.

Saw Prime, Hot Rod (or whatever they called him) and Ultra Magnus once after that nothing. Prime still fetches a pretty penny on the secondary market. Skywarp I would say is another hard to find US reissue as well but not nearly as much as Prime or Magnus.

Other then that retail stores pretty much had to give the rest of them away. Picked most of the later ones up for like $5-10

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Oooh, aren't we using such big words. Hehehe :lol 

But yeah, Prime and Magnus are the hard to find guys, I would also throw Sideswipe in there too.

5. battlebeasts

battlebeasts Banned

$5-10....where?

6. Mega Convoy

Long gone now I'm afraid. I never saw them go lower than $10 personally. Except maybe Grapple. But who wants him? :tongue: 

7. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I remember someone sold me a MISB Grapple for $7. Woot!

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I saw Dirge on clearance at TRU for $9.98 over the summer.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I would say Hot Rod is as rare as, if not rarer than, Prime and Magnus (because I actually bought Magnus, but didnt get Hot Rod soon enough. Didnt bother with Prime cos I had one of the Takara ones)

10. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

Prime, Powermaster Prime, Magnus, and Jazz are pretty hard to get. I don't see alot of the PM prime's on EBay very much.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i never ever saw prime or hotrod, only ultra magnus, which i was not interested in getting at all at the time, how ever i did see powermaster prime, but i have the japanese verison, and now for the price of 1 US power master reissue you can get both a japanese reissue and a g1 original, lol so, yea lol

i would probably say it would be one of the later ones to come out though, or one of the first ones, maybe, g1 prime? or astrotrain?

12. Mega Convoy

I haven't been watching the prices on powermaster prime. Has he really gone up that much? It's really weird when things that are readily available dry up and suddenly go for huge sums. Very strange.

13. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Around me, I recall seeing Prime, Magnus, and Hot Rod warming the shelves for a while (couple months maybe?) before the line took off and they disappeared forever. I picked up Hot Rod for $17, but left Prime and Magnus because I was happy with my originals. I also recall Starscream as being fairly hard to find, though, I got lucky and found him in my TRU's clearance shelves for $15 nearly two years after he was released. Jazz seemed a bit more limited than most of the other later wave reissues. In the end, Prime (original and PM), Magnus, and Skywarp are the only U.S. reissues I didn't get, but only because I never found them at a price that I was willing to pay.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I saw all of them at retail. Most of them, except Prime, sat for a long time. The others were avaliable for a while, the later ones for a long time. TRU Just recently finally sold the last ricochet!

Sideswipe was rare until he started showing up in Kb toys...ALL my kb's still have TONs of them for $15....if anyone needs one let me know lol.

15. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Grapple was actually hard to find here! He was one of the few that was never reduced. Another hard one to find was Starscream, he still goes for a lot on ebay right now MISB. I opened mine, wish I didnt! Jazz also! Other than those, like everyone else says Prime, Magnus, Hot Rod and Powermaster Prime. Actually I remember Powermaster Prime was everywhere for awhile, but I couldnt decide if I wanted him or not, when I finally decided, he was gone.

It's funny, the hardest ones to find are the ones that were reasonably priced. I remember Prime was 30.00 or less, Powermaster was 40.00 and Hot Rod was 17.99 then Hasbro got greedy and the jets were 35.00 as the cars were 30.00, had they kept them all reasonable they wouldnt of had to reduce them.

16. Mega Convoy

Prime was actually 40 and Powermaster 50. I remember because I didn't have enough for Powermaster at the time. Yeah the prices went up. I still got Skywarp though. He's too cool.

17. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

The first two waves (Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Starscream, Powermaster Prime) are the hardest to find and the most expensive. The rest should be no problem. Some TRUs STILL have some of them in stock, years after they came out. Most blew out the stock at $5-15 depending on the store.

I recall someone here posting (with photo of receipt for proof) that they bought a Dirge at TRU not that long ago for .01. Yeah, you read that right, 1 penny.

And yes, Mega Convoy is correct on the prices. Prime and Magnus were $40, PM Prime was $50. Hot Rod, however, was quite reasonably priced at $17, whereas the later Autobot cars were $30. All original prices of course.