What are the Dreads.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Jan 25, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

What are the decepticon Dreads. At first I thought they were drones but now that one is called Crankcase I think they all have names.

I have a theory that they are rivals to the Wreckers.
    think about it. Three Wreckers, three Dreads. What do you think?

2. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    That there just made me smile, nice to see wreckers up against the dreads.

3. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I think at one time they where all decepticons and three seperated for some reason and became autobot wreckers. They both even have dreads.

4. soundwaverulls

interesting idea.

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

It hasn't actually been confirmed that the revealed Dread toy is Crankcase, people just sorta assumed that he was. Also, last I checked there were four Dreads, not three.

That said, I hope that the quartet have different transformation schemes, 'cause all four being the same would just be boring. The Wreckers vs. Dreads idea is interesting, maybe the numbers could be even by having the Ferrari guy join 'em, or maybe it won't matter because the Wreckers are traditionally hardcore enough that numbers mean fuck all to them, they just whoop ass regardless. Which I hope they do.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Personally, I think Crankcase is actually the armored bank truck. But that's just a theory.

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Four? I'm pretty sure there's three. Vids and pics to go with that.

Anyways, the Dreads taking on the Wreckers in three on three sounds immensely bad ass, but, I'm probably building myself up for disappointment.

8. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Obviously an homage to insecticons which doesn't really get me excited since I don't like insects. But they look freaky. The dreadlocks are something I will have to just ignore even though I think it's silly and reminds me of predator. It's just something they said you know what would be cool, dreadlocks. All the football players are doing it. It's popular.

9. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind all this hair stuff too much. When you look at them as mechanical tendrils and wires and filaments that happen to resemble human hair styles, I think it's acceptable.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Cannon fodder because the good guys need lots and lots to kill in the movies.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is just my guess but I think they are young, ferral Transformers. Here's why:

The way I see the Decepticon story moving is that Megatron and Starscream, after the defeat of the Fallen, fled with Soundwave to the Nemisis (although maybe Soundwave stayed behind to keep an eye on things). Upon arriving there, they call Shockwave to bring reinforements while they do everything they can to make more Hatchlings. Shockwave arrives and takes over the Decepticons, beating Megatron and blasting him into space, where he is recovered by Soundwave and taken to Earth. Also blasted into space are the ferral, not fully developed Hatchlings that Megatron had been trying to grow (they have no logic so Shockwave has no interest in them). They take Earth modes along with Megatron and act as his muscle while he recovers and tries to reach the McGuffin on the Moon first.

12. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    i honestly think the dreads are part of Megatrons group of bodyguard like bots. possibly homages to the insecticons.

i dont think there with the decepticons but like i said a part of a small faction with megatron.

13. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

*does Google search* Fuck. Guess that's what I happen when I rely on the deadly combination of my spotty memory and a Wikipedia article that's highly likely to be edited with bullshit information.

14. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I would go for more that they were a squad who seperated. It looks to me like The Dreads would and should be stronger/smarter.

15. cosmicherosa

cosmicherosa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's gonna be cool if the Dreads end up being similar to Obesandjo's African Gang from District 9. They are here on Earth. They have kept to themselves, and they are in it for themselves. Perhaps there will be some backstory showing this, and they come to the aid of the autobots at some point. It would be a showing that there are other cybertonians on this planet, but not all of them are involved with the politics and war.

Shame we won't see Grimlock and the gang though...

16. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

I think you are referring to the NASCAR characters. Unless I am mistaken, everybody has more or less identified them as the Wreckers (Bot). The Dreads (Con) are the black SUVs seen with Megatron.

17. cosmicherosa

cosmicherosa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh ok.

yea i'm confused and don't pay much attention to things.

i also enjoy cheesesteaks.

18. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

there spies for Megatron obivously

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    As much as I hate to say it, they'll probably all be drones. Just like the Arcee sisters. Seeing how awesome their robot modes are, I hope they get a fairly decent role. I'm assuming they're Megatron's bodyguards or something, protecting him from Optimus and Shockwave.

20. soundwaverulls

probably at least megatron gets cool loking drones.