What are the chances....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Hasbro will release MP Thundercracker in the US?; sadly seeing how MP SW shelfwarmed I don't think they are very high, I do hope that after Rodimus we get him though, I don't particularly like the Tak/Tommy version of him ( I'm hoping Hasbro does the same they did with SW and give him a cool paintjob instead of stickers). I'd like to have ONE freaking complete set of Seekers  ( at this point I don't know if we'll ever see a reissue of classics SW or Ramjet).
    What do you guys think?, thanks for the replies.

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

All the others seen a US release, I suppose this guy should make it over at some point.

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Then why not just buy the Deluxes your referred to?

What am i missing?

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems like Hasbro is having a hard time finding someone to take MP Hot Rod on so I would think that Thundercracker would be a harder sale. If I was a betting man I wouldn't touch this one.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've learned to never say never so hopefully you guys that missed out on the Takara release can eventually grab the Hasbro version. I got TC at retail and can only imagine what his secondary price is now:eek: .

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whenever everybody who wants one finally cracks and shells out over $200 for them on ebay. Only then. . .

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I wish that was the case here. I've only seen him once in both Wal-Marts I've been to, and only one or two were on the shelves at a time.

8. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Maybe if MP Skywarp wasn't a total failure I'd feel better about it. Still, if they can't find a place for Rodimus after Grimlock did really well, I'm skeptical that it will happen.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

How do people know that MP Skywarp (Walmart's US version) was a failure? What does that mean? Which one of you guys works for corporate?

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I do not think that MP Skywarp was a failure at all. My local walmarts only had 2-3 in stock that they clearanced. I think walmart overestimated the demand but i hardly think it was a failure when so many of them did sell at full price. And Grimlock for TRU has not been a failure based on what i have seen he still sells when he occasionally shows up still.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I would love the US to release Thundercracker. He is the only MP I do not own because I sub my original MP SS as my Thundercracker seeing as I have the US show colour release of the SS mould.

12. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    The Wal-Marts around me pretty much sold quite a few before clearancing the rest. So as far as it sales figures are concerned, we really can't say whether he was a failure or not.

About Thundercracker....never say never...because it can happen.

13. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

You guys are so lucky. I never saw Masterpiece Skywarp here once. I traveled all over the place looking for him, too.

14. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I know, I just don't want to pay aftermarket prices for these figures 
    But if push comes to shove I'll have to come up with the dough to finish up my collection.

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I just go by overstock stores and clearance bin reports. I do wish Hasbro released numbers to others other then stock holders.

Grimlock? Total sell out everywhere (oddly the comic box mp grimlock was at my local tru in the clearance bin before the hasbro tru exclusive came out). Skywarp...warming shelves in areas (possibly over ordered ? I dunno)

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    MP Skywarp was an apparant failure, and it is the fault of the american cheap-ass fan

Wal-mart ordered more skywarps because starscream was under-ordered and sold out quickly, hell, even aaron archer had to ORDER a starscream on ebay because he couldn't find it? and you want to know why starscream was underordered? because the 20th anniversary DVD prime sold HORRIBLY

now want to know why grimlock became a TRU exclusive? cause probably wal-mart was tired of getting burned, because collectors are too damn cheap to pay what is basically heavy discount on a japanese collectable

I HIGHLY doubt we will get thundercracker after the huge failure that was skywarp, several wal-marts i have been to have about 8-10 each STILL

remember, when a collector says "i'll wait for clearance" that is what dooms exclusives and masterpeices here in america, now until the same happens to TRU, i have a feeling masterpieces will be harder to get ahold of for collectors since toys r us' are fewer than wal-marts, and it is the american fan's fault

i'm probably one of the few that paid full $60 retail for skywarp, and i feel like i got a STEAL, this is a $100 toy, and we should be paying that, but cause hasbro has no money in making the mold they can charge less, but still, think about what you are doing before you say "i'll wait for clearance" cause it might actually hurt what you want to come out down the line

17. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I always see people saying that Hasbro has no money invested in the mold, but how is that possible?

I mean if Has/Tak is one company, then the money has been spent on the mold already. If Tak is seperate from Has, I am sure they charge Has a cost to release the mold in the states. So there is still some overhead somewhere.

In either case, I need a Thundercracker in the worst way, so I would love to see this happen.

18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are not..... :2c: 

19. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Hasbro and TakaraTomy are completely separate companies. I'm not entirely certain of the details of the partnership between the two, but revenue taken from one market does not affect the other.

20. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I understand the revenue does not affect another market. My point is that Takara probably sells the mold to Hasbro, so there is still overhead that Hasbro has to meet.