What are the chances....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That we'll see the last wave of Universe Legends come back and actually see normal distribution?, now that the ROTF thing is quieting down.
    What do you guys think?, i hope so because I only managed to get my hands on Hot Rod and Warpath, i really would like a Cosmos (no way i'm paying up to $60 on ebay for a legends class bot), i actually had one but it was deffective, i went to return it and never saw another one again.
    The reason i'm asking is because recently my local target store got a load of Animated Activators Dirge (Which i'd never seen one either) and i thought i'll never get to see one of those at retail either.
    So, any hopefuls out there?

2. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty low, I'd reckon.

Mind you, I'd like it (never got to pick up my Cosmos, Warpath, or Wheelie), but it's a little late in the game at this point.

3. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Nope. I went ahead and picked up the Henkei versions. I need a Bumblebee but got the other 6 for $60. Actually they were a gift. Only Legend I ever saw at retail was Brawn.
    -G

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yes and no. Yes because more people need to be able to actually find the little guys and no because I just paid out the nose for them on eBay :lol 

Though my Rodimus was factory defected so I wouldn't mind getting another one of those.

Congrats on the Dirge BTW, I'd say that's the find of the year since it was so rare!

5. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Short answer: Very slim

The thing about Target suddenly getting an activator Dirge is that they still have a peg up for Animated activators. I think one Target by me is starting to clearance the Activators finally, but otherwise they're still being stocked. I don't think any stores in the area have Universe legends still on the pegs besides one K-Mart near me that also has several 2007 leader Brawls available at full price. If they were still being sold, then maybe, but since no stores have a place for them anymore, no. The only chance of them showing up again at retail is if Big Lots or some other store that sells closeout merchandise were to suddenly wind up with a large number of them. The chances of that are pretty weak considering they were rare, not ludicrously common to the point of being clearanced out and sold in bulk to get rid of them. The only other option would be if Hasbro decided to repackage them like they did the Cybertron scouts for the discount market, but even that seems unlikely.