What are the chances that last week’s episode, Partners, has a double meaning?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Transformed, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This episode primarily focuses on Arcee and her two deceased past partners, Tailgate and Cliffjumper, but Starscream also has a huge role in this one too, and are I say Airachnid, as well?

I’m wondering if Airachnid and Starscream have teamed up, unbeknownst to the audience and everyone else. When you get down to it, these two were made for each other.

I began thinking about this after Airachnid divulged to Starscream that she knew of the events that took place in the minds—surely, Megatron did not tell her about that, I mean, why would he?

Obviously, Soundwave wouldn’t have shared such info with her, so either she was there or she accessed some files and found out on her own. Being a Decepticon before now, has taught her to always watch your back as well as whom she needs to keep an eye, Soundwave being at the top of that list.

What are the chances that she and Starscream planned the whole event that lead to his secession from the Decepticons? He couldn’t just leave, he needed a plausible exit, and he got it. The episode ends with the show’s opening, a recorded message he did with Soundwave, which is played just before he frees himself from his Cybertronian cuffs, smiles sinisterly and flies off into the sunset. And Airachnid, though gets a mouthful, survives the ordeal unscathed.

2. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, one could say StarScream & Airachnid had a very brief partnership even though it wasn't by choice.
    given that both are only out to further their own agendas I don't see them working on making a partnership work
    Maybe Megatron told her as one means to cement her loyalty to his cause.

true, he doesn't tell anyone anything.
    IMHO that is highly unlikely that she willfully helped him as she herself gets mired in it.

3. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Well actually, that's exactly what happened. Megatron told her.

Impossible. Did you even see how those two interacted? They hate each other. Hell, Airachnid webbed Starscream up and left him alone to die once she got the coordinates for the other half of The Harbinger from him. Besides, why would they plan something like that between themselves and then act totally contrary to such a "partnership" like the one you're suggesting when they were completely alone with no one around to hear them?

There's no real "double meaning" on the Decepticon side of things in this episode unless it was to highlight how ill-suited for partnership both of them are.

Well...maybe there's one other thing, but it would probably be considered a stretch. Starscream brings up partnership in his opening speech this episode, saying that he'll never even have an equal partnership with Megatron.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:

Hmm.. it's a possibility.

5. jackDarcee

jackDarcee Arcee lover

At the end of Partners where Megs is chewing on Airarcind he also seems to display affection for starscream. '"You left my second in command to be captured by the autobots?" He does go on to say that the reason he is concerned is the "intel" screamer could potentially give to the bots, but still.

The level of anger he had...did he actually care about screamer? something like only family can critize family sort of thing. Makes ya wonder a little

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By choice or not, I find their situation too similar to ignore and though they each have their own agendas, helping one another furthers their own plans.

I never thought of it as long term, just long enough.

Why would he do that? He commands loyalty. Besides the impression I got when Breakdown brought her to Megatron was once a Decepticon, always a Decepticon. Once Megatron has you, he owns you.

Save for Megatron of course. Evidence proves he verbally or visually informed Megatron of Starscream’s actions with his or other voices. Either way, he does communicate with his superiors, Starscream included, but, I doubt he would have shared sensitive matters such as the mine incident with anyone had he been watching.
    That’s cool. I’m just wondering if they’re working together or rather if they will be very soon.
    I’m aware of what she said, but I wonder if he actually did. I figure Airachnid was toying with him like she does all her victims.

Oh, I don’t know, Soundwave and his all seeing eye.

Really, I think their difference bring them together. If they aren’t partners now, they may find themselves needing one another in the very near future.

True, there is that.
    Still I can’t help, but feel that Starscream played Arcee and how Airachnid helped him escape the Decepticons, willingly or not. Starscream could never just leave the Decepticons, alive anyway. What Airachnid did for him via manipulation or in cooperation was monumental to say the least. The last visual of his face had a sense of satisfaction, as if he had finally gotten what he wanted: freedom.

It would be nice to have a Megatron treat his second in command as a successor. Could it be that this Megatron is that Megatron? I don’t think Megatron hates any of his Decepticons, I think he just commands loyalty to the fullest. Starscream needed to be taught a lesson, and Megatron, being the Mentor that he is educated Starscream on what it means to be the leader of the Decepticons and what it means to be second in command.

I wonder if Megatron promised Starscream something more than what was actually given him. Starscream asserted himself in such a way that he felt he could do things others wouldn’t dare, granted he was in second in command, but still he should have known the limits of his power, right?

7. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

So basically, you're trying to say that there was a double meaning in the title of that episode regarding the Decepticons...based not on anything in the actual episode, but based on a wild conspiracy theory that involves:

- Starscream and Airachnid forming a partnership off camera that they never talk about even when they are alone.

- Either of them being willing to work together, despite the fact that Airachnid had repeatedly made it a point that she works alone.

- Airachnid caring enough about Starscream to help him escape the Decepticons, even though in "Metal Attraction" we see that she doesn't really care about helping a fellow Decepticon like Breakdown and, in fact, actively tries to steal the item he came for.

- "Chemistry" between the two because neither of them are very loyal to Megatron...which is about the only thing they have in common.

- Both of them working together effectively to go through with this supposed plan even though Airachnid webbed Starscream up and left him, and Starscream wouldn't stop complaining about what a horrible person she is both when he was alone with her and when he was with the Autobots.

You are reeeeeeeeeally reaching, my friend.

Airachnid and Starscream are both extremely selfish individuals. I really doubt that they would become allies to one another without stabbing each other in the back repeatedly and basically messing the entire thing up in a short period of time. You know, just like what happened in this episode.

Starscream even makes it a point in his inner monologue at the end that he's "aligned with no side; servant, to no one". Why would he keep the "partnership" that you're so convinced that he has with Airachnid secret from his own thoughts?

8. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

What I think is this:

The Partners title had to do with Arcee and her partners as well as Megatron and Starscream.

Despite his banter and bickering with Starscream, Megatron doesn't kill him - even to a point of helping him out of the rubble.

IMHO Megatron is trying to get Starscream to "stop groveling" and sniveling. It does not a good second in command or partner make.

There is also the whole stop the treachery thing as well. Megatron shows Starscream mercy - Starscream learns his place.

But then Arachnid came into the picture. To Starscream it looks like she is taking his place at Megatron's side - and to accent that point she ties him up and leaves him despite him telling her the location of the second half of the ship. And, on top of that, she doesn't listen to him when he tells her the Autobots would track the computer coming on - "do not need to know" the location could be Starscream telling her - "WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW, before the Autobots come!"

Instead he is left at the mercy of the Autobots and due to his jealousy of losing (to him) his position next to Megatron - he goes along with the Autobots. Then gets his backside handed to him by Arcee and realizes there is no side for him.

Megatron when yelling at Arachnid emphasizes that the immobilizer is a TRINKET compared to losing HIS second in command Starscream. And though he does take into account the information Starscream has - he doesn't seem to indicate that Starscream would hand the info over willingly.

Stupid as it is - it seems Megatron trust Starscream and his treachery more then he does the rest of the Cons if he keeps him around. Or at least trust his judgment on matters.

Pardon my rambling it has been a while since a Transformer cartoon has gotten me this interested :) .

9. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Guys Starscream is second in command, he knows things about the Cons. Megatron has made it clear that he hates Starscream and wouldn't care if he died. Suddenly he finds out that this person who has all kinds of info on him is with his greatest enemies who could really use that info.

Is it really that hard to see why he would be pissed?

As for Airachnid and Starscream being partners...I'm sorry but there's speculation based on info in an episode and then making up crackpot theories that have numerous holes and are outright disproven in the episode.

10. Team Prime

Team Prime Gosh, idiots...

in the words of SNI...
    AH...no.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah 'reckon you're going crazy over there.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, not necessarily.
    Soundwave’s already proven that Starscream isn’t alone when he thinks he is.

That she did, but I still feel these two are far more similar than they are different, and I can picture them working together—forever how long/short that might last.

She wasn’t even on the same team then, though she made it clear that she felt something for the Decepticons when chastised Silas for what he did to Breakdown in the Operation Breakdown.

The have desires beyond that of your typical Decepticon; moreover, they both want out of their current situation (Starscream’s out of course).

True, but if he assumed his every move was being watched, which he did say during the episode, wouldn’t be to his benefit continue the act? Starscream played Arcee, though he lost his advantage when he decided to revel in his victory. Lucky for him Bumblebee’s arrival reminded Arcee of who she was.

Maybe, but I’ve provided my reasons.

I wouldn’t expect anything less, though at this point in the story, their paths align….

Aligned to no side would be the Autobots and Decepticons,right? And if he had a partner, he would serve no one. I don’t see the problem with his pre-recorded monologue.