What are the chances of getting a Leader ROTF Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optronix_prime, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's long overdue in the Leader class. Brawl who didn't even get a speaking role in the movie got a Leader figure (two actually), But poor Screamer has to settle for the Voyagers? come on!
    Give us a Leader screamer! He megaton and Prime are the primary 'formers!

Now if they actually made one, it would be nice if it was like the new Voyager Starscream except bigger obviously with electronics.

But I'm guessing hoping for another leader in a line that already has 3 leaders planned is hopeless :( 
    We must beg HasTak!

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Zero

Which is the same chance that Lugnut will get one.

3. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    I is one sad decepticreep.

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    If it happened, I'd crap my pants in two different languages.

5. Mini-Bot

Mini-Bot Blackout Fan Girl

That'd be cool, but I'd rather have a Leader Class Blackout.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This, since it'd make Blackout's figures more accurate height-wise with other movie figures; Starscream seems just about right (even if the jet mode is huge compared to the othe vehicles). Animated Lugnut is in the same category, and good luck getting Hasbro to pump that one out.

Plus, based on Brawl's selection, I don't think Leader class figures are meant (at least by Hasbro) for the 'main' characters. Leaders are more 'actual big characters with some prominence.' Prime and Megatron are natural selections, being the tallest Autobot and Decepticon. Brawl or Blackout would be a better fit than Starscream for the first film, considering how tall and bulky their robot modes were; I guess if we only get three Leaders per film (not counting repaints) than fans would have to bite the bullet and only get one Leader out of the two. Jetfire, thanks to his alt mode being an SR-71, is also a natural fit for a Leader figure since those things are huge too.

A Leader Starscream would be interesting if it could talk, but I'm content with Voyagers. I'd rather see Blackout get a new Leader mold out of the Leader line (and possibly The Fallen, depending on how big that thing will be in the film and how the Voyager figure translates).

7. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    But Starscream and Blackout are right at the same height, Starscream being the bigger of the two (In terms of height to the head, and width)
    [​IMG]

Now i'd like a Leader blackout too, but Screamer is a bigger character in the TF universe.

8. glancer

glancer Dinobot

i'd really like to see a Leader Bonecrusher, if he were still in the second movie. He would look great with Meg and Brawl.

As for SS, I think the voyager deep space version is already cool!

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    We will still have atleast one more movie, and Starscream is a traditionally popular character, so I wouldn't completely rule it out at some point in time. A Leader Blackout would be sick, but doubtful (I would personally love scaled up versions of their Voyagers). I would have really liked a Voyager Bonecrusher. I really think that bot could have shined as a bigger figure, but we can't all be happy all the time. As a toy, I was really happy with Leader Brawl, even with his small role in the movie.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The one thing that's confused me about the movie is, in spite of that chart and other measurements for the characters I've seen batted around, when Starscream was blasting Ironhide and Ratchet during the battle scene at the end...he wasn't towering over them. He didn't look like he was clearly at Prime's height. He looked closer to Ironhide/Ratchet (no shrimps either), which I attributed to his leg design shrinking him down a bit in stature. It's partly why I've never felt strongly about Starscream's Voyager being 'too small,' because he never seemed like a giant to begin with while watching the film.

Blackout's figure clearly seems to be too small, since he's smaller than Ironhide's figure (at least, where Blackout's head is compared to Ironhide). Starscream's Voyager, however, next to my Leader Megatron, is only a head smaller and taller than Blackout. And I have Starscream displayed with his legs fairly upright, and not crouched like he can be in the film. So he's hardly a midget or too small scale-wise, since he should be a big shorter than Megatron rather than almost even with him like Leader Brawl.

As for 'Starscream's a bigger character than Brawl,' well of course. Hasbro's aware of this too, since they're all about sales. If they chose Brawl in spite of that, I'm thinking it's with other issues in mind, like height/girth and bells and whistles (though for the latter, a tank v. a jet should have solid options for each).

Perhaps the bigger issue is, as much as I love Leader Brawl, maybe he should've gotten a Voyager figure if the Movie line is to keep more 'in scale' with appearances in the film, with the extra Leader slot reserved for a potential sequel (which Hasbro quickly figured out would be coming once the film was a smash success).

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a Leader class Starscream! Why not give him one since he kinda did take leadership duty for the Decepticons? He deserves one dammit at least a movie version.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Then he would'nt be in scale with deluxe jazz for the lifting the tank gun recreation.

I'm surprised people would want a leader starscream. I know big toys are cool but jetfire seems to be a even bigger jet who fits well into the leader class.

The mech alive gimmick on the new voyager starscream is fantastic anyway. magnets that link the head for moveing gears in his chest. And its so sleek for a voyager. Can you dig it?

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The chances of us getting a Leader class Starscream in the RotF line? Nonexistent, at best. We already know who the three Leader class molds are for the line. If we get any more Leader class figures, and we probably will, they'll be repaints/retools. If we ever get a Leader class Movie Starsacream, it'll most likely be in TF3's toy line. Even then it's hard to say.

The connections from the head to the gears aren't magnets.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Have you seen the ROTF Voyager Starscream!?

What more could you possibly want on top of that?

15. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    There are no magnets in ROTF Starcream. I have one.

16. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    While I am enormously happy with my Masterpiece Starscream, I would love a Leader movie Starscream. However, I would love a Leader Soundwave more. He is a satellite of Cybertronian origin so he has to be big. (And, yes, he should fire Deluxe Ravage!)

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the choice of who gets a Leader figure was based on who the primary characters are, then we'd probably get Leader Bumblebee before any chance of getting Leader Starscream.

But the chance of actually getting a Leader Starscream is probably around zero. Most of the main lines have been averaging only 3 unique Leader molds for awhile now, whether it's the original movie (Leader Prime mold, Leader Megatron mold, Leader Brawl mold) or Animated (Bulkhead mold, Megatron mold, Ultra Magnus mold). And since we already know the 3 Leader molds for RotF (Prime, Megatron, Jetfire), I can't imagine Starscream has a chance.

18. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I got a feeling we will see other new Leader molds in addition to repaints for ROTF since they want to make it a long-lasting line.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There would have been a chance Starscream would get a leader class for ROTF, but alas..since Megatron returns, and he is the more important character, he will get one. Jetfire got one so he can merge with Optimus (a big seller).

If they had done another leader class they'd probably use The Fallen, but since they seem to keep to the '3 leaders' rule, he got shifted to voyager.

If The Fallen and Megatron would not be in this movie, Starscream would probably have had a better chance at getting a leader class toy.

20. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    He's wayyyyy too small!
    I agree the figure is fantastic but starscream is a big and bad, not...small