What are the chances of a Black Zarak reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golden Age, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Black Zarak is one of those rare TF toys that I have never seen in person. I cant afford to buy an original, so i'm left hoping that we will see a Zarak reissue or possibly even a KO. Anyone think it's possible?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    A KO is always possible, it depends on if Takara managed to hang onto the mold. They did reissue figures as rare as Stepper and Star Convoy, so they could very well do the same for Black Zarak.

Though I want Victory Saber, Liokaiser, or Overlord first.

3. ljjnico

ljjnico Future Autobot Leader

That would be good! What do you think Black Zarak's western name would be? I think it would be Dark Scorponok because it is Scorponok and he's been fused with his transtector and been infused with dark powers.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    ...or because Hasbro wouldn't waste money on a new trademark when they still have one alive to use on it.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Personally I see our Sun going supernova before we see a reissue of this guy unfortunately. But who knows there's always hope.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    homie zarak.

7. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    KA LOLS.

I think the best bet is one of the KO companies doing Scorponok and then Black Zarak ala Metroplex / Metrotitan.

8. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I hope he never gets a western reissue/homage.

I wince every time those morons over wiki decide to suddenly change a name that's been used for years just because Hasbro decides to release a toy and give it a different name.

Although Takara has gotten a bit wary over the years regarding reissuing toys other than first year (As I recall, Star Convoy and God Ginrai were notoriously overproduced and barely sold even at discount), I don't think re-releasing G1 Prime over and over again is very good business either...

9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You might think that, but it sells.

Originally the idea of a scorponok or black zarak re-issue was pretty much a pipedream, but it seems that TakTomy has an interest in re-issuing g1 versions of movie characters. Obviously skylynx wasn't in the movie(but Japan never got skylynx, and now they can do that due to Tomy), considering that skylynx is going to be the most expensive encore yet, if it sells well(and Takara still has the molds), scorponok and black zarak might be a possibility.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    they reissued ricochet. i dont see if the mold is reissued why black zarak is out of the question.

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    you dont have to reissue everything.

12. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

And once everyone who wants one already has one?

Well, Sky Lynx has two advantages:

1) It hasn't been reissued anywhere else, and probably won't be for quite some time (example: God Ginrai was also available as the PM Prime reissue by Hasbro, making people less inclined to import it)
    2) It's not a totally obscure character (ie. Star Convoy)

Both of which Scorponok would also fulfill. However, BlackZarak DOES fall into the "obscure" category. I'd say Star Convoy also didn't sell too well because...well, he's just a huge block from the waist down, and the base mode looks pretty awkward.

Not that I'm against reissuing any of those. I'd love to have a Scorponok and/or BlackZarak (but only if the latter had just plain yellow plastic instead of gold).

13. JonnyT

JonnyT Well-Known Member

I can see your thinking, but all of the most recent G1 bootlegs have conspicuously only been of molds released by Hasbro. That's why despite people's pleas, the Autobot dinosaur combiner cassettes won't be done, as they were Takara-only molds. A Scorponok KO wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility, but they wouldn't be able to replicate Black Zarak's unique Takara-only head mold easily.

14. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    They'll either call him Dark Scorponok or Nemesis Zarak. And yes I do see a possible re-issue but with Gold Plastic Syndrome...

15. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

If Sky Lynx sells, quite high, even if he is only an E-Hobby recolor of Scorponok.

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have MIB but would love another.