What are the chances for 3P MP Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Zeitgeist, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

Just interested in hearing your general desire/speculation/ramblings/rumors about any prospective 3P companies who migth be willing and able to bring us the Dinobots in a quality and scale to match MP Grimlock?

I just ordered a TRU Grimlock for my "classics" display and I am just imagining how awesome all 5 of those bad boy Dinobots would be lined up behind my classics Autobots.

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    There are rumors that it's happening.

3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a more modern take, myself. Strangely, I much prefer my 80's vehicles rather than updates, but for dinos---there's been a lot of research done, and some "more accurate" dinos would be nice.

Maybe it's because a 1985 car etc has always been "correct" as we know exactly what it looked like and there's no need to "fix" it but we constantly find out new stuff about dinosaurs and that some things we thought were wrong.

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I would love MP Dino's. They have to keep the G1 aesthetic to fit in with MP Grimlock too.....and it would complete my collection.

Come on third parties!! Do eeeeet!

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you really thing there's enough people out there willing to drop 150+ on a sludge??? Sounds risky. A misstep like that could put a company under

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Can't speak for anyone else but I would not hesitate on spending $150 for an MP Sludge. He is one of the better Dinobots.

7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be cheap but they're the only other Dinobots I'd be intrested in buying as I use MP Grimlock with my Classics anyway.

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Same here

9. Zeitgeist

If pe Arcee and Chromia can sell for 99.00, or individual Herc bots can sell at 99.00, I dont see why massive mp dinobots couldnt sell at $150.

Their popularity should be rising as they are appearing in the FOC video game. There have been no encore reissue dinobots, only ko. There have been no decent classic updates. Yes, we may be getting TINY deluxes in the FOC line, but hasbro WONT be making any more MP sized dinos.

This seems like a perfect 3rd party target.

True, They have the ability to attract both collectors of the MP line and those with a classics collection.

Good ideas would be to announce that the line up is planned in advance so collectors know they can count on all 4 Dinobots being made and plan/save. Schedule a release of 1 every 2 or 3 months apart over the period of 12 months... Say March, June, Sept, and Dec for example.

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Risky? It's a group that pretty much everyone has to complete if all the figs are coming out....plus it attracts two markets....the MP collector and the classics. It would be a license to print money looking at these boards alone for any 3P company to do the remaining MP Dino's.

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the Dinobots, at Masterpiece scale, done well? Highly unlikely, in my opinion.

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But looking at the examples: many of us chose to wait for the cheaper maketoys devestator and alot of the interest seamed to drop of in pe arcee once the price was announced.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done. Just that it need to be done perfectly or the company could be out alot of money

13. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    For $150- the MP Dino better be the size of Mp-01 in bot mode to give that tower n bulky look

14. Zeitgeist

and with the way these boards work advertising is provided free. :) 

15. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Yeah, I'd buy them. Of course I'm buying pretty much everything MP related these days.

16. Zeitgeist

im sure not asking for mp01 big.

mp grimlock can be the biggest. or sludge could be the only one a little bigger than grimlock to add a little better scale.

17. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. Sludge like Grimlock and the other 3 like PP01.

18. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

If Hasbro/Takara doesn't put out the remaining Dinobots in MP form, they'll regret it ! :crazy:  Look back at how much excitement MP Grimlock caused when he was released ! I know, personally, that I would buy doubles of each if they were to produce them at the same level as MP Grimlock. And if Hasbro/Takara isn't interested, SOMEONE, PLEASE DO IT !!! Kids love Dinobots, collectors love Dinobots, I LOVE DINOBOTS !!! :drool: 

19. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'd be all over the other 4 MP Dinobots, but only if they were translated to MP as well as Grimlock was. And I don't want reimaginings or updates. I want the classic 80s Dinobots just the way they looked with outdated dinosaur modes intact. I don't care if Brontosauruses never really existed, Sludge is a Brontosaur.

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wait, Brontosaurus' never existed????