What are the chance we'll get a dlc announcement at botcon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by King Henrik, Jun 25, 2010.

1. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    activision does have a panel scheduled on saturday...

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

That'd be pretty sweet, I must say.

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'd love to hear them announce: Character Packs, Map Packs, Weapon Packs and Ability/Perk Packs as part of DLC.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it would be cool if part of the DLC was g1 skins for some of the characters like ROTF did, but I doubt it will happen

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This would be pretty sweat, though I have to admit that the idea of Activision announcing anything at Botcon—aside from the game is in stores now—would be pretty sweat.

I'd like to know how well it did in sales, as eBay would lead one to believe pretty well with folks scrambling for pre-order characters, paying this super inflated prices. If I didn't want my two characters so badly, I would have got myself a free game too =P

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't count on it, might be too early.

7. Dinoman96

Dinoman96 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to keep my expectations for DLC to be low, because of two other games.

One of them was actually the Revenge of the Fallen game. I was like "Oh, cool, DLC! How about a second pack with the Twins, Jolt, and the rest of them?". Nothing happened for several months....then Luxoflux closing in Feb basically confirmed ROTF was never being updated again.

Another was Sumo Digital's Sonic and Sega All Star Racing...everyone was so excited for DLC for that game. We kept speculating characters, like Ristar, Vectorman, NiGHTS, etc...only to get another Sonic character, Metal Sonic, in early April. Metal Sonic also came with a new coarse, The Egg Hanger, which Ristar cameoed in. Ryo on a forklift was also released (It was first a Pal exclusive preorder bonus from Gamestop). Not much afterwards...until in late April, a Sumo Digital member said that they made all the DLC Sega requested, and any more depends on Sega...which put the final nail in the coffin for that game. It's been two months since this was said, mind you.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hopefully they learn from Luxoflux's mistake if they do make DLC.
    Dont split your community for a somewhat niche title.
    Make it an update that adds the models, but locks them for people that dont get the DLC.
    That way other players can see them and potentially think 'Neat, I want that!'

9. Dinoman96

Dinoman96 Well-Known Member

I think they already done that with the preorder exclusives. I've seen people play as Shockwave in Escalation before I put the code in.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Thats what I mean! Its been handled well so far, dont drop the ball in future :lol 

11. Scoje-

Scoje- Well-Known Member

I'd say 20% chance.
    The game just came out DLC will be awhile still. If it does come out soon I don't see them announcing it at botcon, no offense.
    Most DLC is kept very secret til last minute.

12. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Would love some additional episodes to play through.

For Multiplayer bring us the Dynobots (pre-dinosaur), just Grimlock and Swoop would fit in nicely. Also some constructicons (again combining is not an option).

More multiplayer character customisation i.e. colours.

New modes such as: racing or time trials. Also a mission objective based MP mode would be good.

13. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

If they confirm two things:

1) DLC, or the extra characters, will never be available on PC
    2) more DLC will be incoming

I will be purchasing a 360 just for this game.

14. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Yeah, all three exclusive characters (Jazz, Demolisher and Shockwave) are already on the disc, but you had to download a 108mb piece to allow you access to them.

15. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wouldn't say dlc is kept secret to the last minute... i think most games (other than rock band who has new stuff every week) give you a 6-8 weeks advanced notice for game-content dlc. I think the fact that the game hasn't even been out a week is more of a factor for no dlc news.

In my mind, there are only 3 possible factors in High moon being vague about DLC, prior to release.
    1) Activision is waiting on sales to see if it's viable
    2) There won't be any and they didn't want that to deter sales (lots of gamers count on dlc to extend the life of a game)
    3) they had such a perfect opportunity to announce it to the people who would care most(botcon), only a few days after release

16. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    It would be very cool if Activision and High Moons were to announce DLC at Botcon (an hopefully for the PC version as well), but I think the odds are pretty slim.

However, whether they do or don't I do hope anyone who attends the panel and has played "War for Cybertron", conveys the rest of the community's thanks for making such an excellent Transformers game.