What are some good Sentai Robots?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by herugrim, Oct 25, 2009.

1. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I stumbled across the new 25th anniversary Voltron and made sure to scoop him up this time (I missed him last time till he was too expensive). Now I'm on a new Sentai binge that lead me to finally buy the last two Megazords I really wanted (Shogun and Zeo Megazords are on the way!). But now I find shows like Gaogaigar and I find myself wanting to check out more Sentai. I was wondering what you guys might recommend.

As I mentioned my wallet is tight even in the best of times. The most I could really spend on any robot is $100ish. Any ideas what I should go for? I'd like gestalts with articulation but I'm not too picky about that. I'd love to go for Gaogaigar but those figures are awefully expensive.

2. kingjace

kingjace Well-Known Member

This is a question best asked in the Power Rangers thread, but I can recommend the current line, Shinkenger. I love those designs.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Sentai doesn't mean what you think it means, if you're looking at Gaogaigar as a candidate for a sentai robot collection.

4. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

My personal favorite sentai mecha are from the series Gaorangers..or Wild Force as it was called here in the US. They have a lot of diecast and many different combinations. The US versions are not very different than their sentai versions.

here are a bunch of reviews

5. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    Well when I looked it up it said Super Sentai was the name of the original Japanese power rangers shows, but the term Sentai itself could be used for similar shows and it cited Voltron as an example.

The only reason I can think of Gaogaigar not qualifying is if it's because he isn't linked up with a team of japanese superheroes in spandex tights, which seems rather restrictive to me.

Anyways I didn't mean it as power rangers only. Basically I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for some good transforming/combining Super Robots that might be affordable.

And I'll keep those Wild Force zords in mind. The reason I've never actively pursued them is because they don't have an Ultrazord formation. I know, that's a lame reason, but it's a small thing I'm picky about (usually) when it comes to transformers. I have just now come to know that the newest power ranger series RPM has an ultrazord formation in it, the combined form of four megazords. Granted it has that 'stacked vehicle' look like Vehicle Voltron but still, I will likely invest in these megazords.

6. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, Sentai would be the kind like the Power Ranger Zords. GaoGaiGar would be considered Brave figures. Have a look at the various forums on here, they have plenty of pictures of each for you to see for yourself which one's you like.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/110721-power-rangers-toys-television-more.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/98174-brave.html

Also the Soul of Chogokin line has some nice, higher end figs as well.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/149217-soul-chogokin-thread.html

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    the original MMPR megazord/Daizyuujin and Dragonzord/Dragon Caesar