What are peopels thoughts on the New Animated toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Grimlocks Pretender Shell, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda broke my general rule of buying only what I thought looked like a nice figure with the movie line, thanks to, well, the movie tie-in and this site speaking up so many figures. So, I am going to try to be a little more conservative with the animated line and buy them at a much slower pace. It's of no fault of their's though, I think the toys look great in a different way then the movie toys.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think the kids will love them, but after having gone through the movie designs I'm ready for traditional bots to return. I'll just have to wait until Classics 2.0 gets here. It will be nice to only have to buy one Voyager and one deluxe Prime instead of a Leader size.

4. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

They look really great. I love that they'll be the first TF toys with emotion on the faces. I hope they are as great as they look. At the same time, its so far from the entire style of transformers and more like a Batman show crossed with Powerpuff Girls, so the show may be a massive disappointment but the toys standing alone should be an interesting line to have in the long run. Movie toys didn't really grab me, so I can't wait to get back out there TF huntin in '08.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Bulkhead. Looking forward to actually seeing them in person, in a due time :) 

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I don't like the style, but I bet kids (and many TF fans) will eat this stuff up.

I actually hope it does well because with a main line that does well comes lots of cool collector oriented side stuff.

7. Armorhide

Armorhide Damn kids

I for one like the look on some of them. Slag, grimlock, megatron, prowl and soundwave look so crisp and look awsome:rock . Starscream is alright:dj . BB, Bulkhead, optimus, and lock down look kinda of werid to me:peoples: .

Plus most of them look like they have oppossiable thumps and possiable fingers witch is instint win in my book. But this is my oppion though. Can't wait for them to be released.:p 

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get hold of them. I love the designs.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like what I have seen so far. I can't wait to get my grubby mits on Starscream, and to see what the others are like.

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

While I generally do prefer more traditional designs, I'm liking the fresh new designs the movie and Animated are giving us. I'm looking forward to the new Classics (OMG Sideswipe and Sunstreaker!), but I think I want these "new" styles of design to kinda jazz things up (haha, Jazz... no pun intended) and try new things before returning to something that's more "traditional"...

"Traditional" of course, is kind of hard to define as far as Transformers go, now that I think about it. Hm, sounds like a different topic of discussion.

11. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'm still up in the air. I like the designs, but I can't comment as to whether or not I like the toys until I actually see them.

12. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm excited / curious about them..... the designs are really striking and I almost have a hard time believing that they are in fact Transformers and not just Teen Titan'esq action figures. I think these will be a fun diversion for awhile and they'll add some variety to the line without not really being Transformers (robot replicas, robot heroes, ect..)

13. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really excited about Soundwave more than any of the others though.... they all look pretty good (even Bulkhead looks kinda good painted, in solid red though, not so much) but I feel as though Soundwave has been cheated out of a good toy incarnation for way too long. Robo-guitar baby!

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

So far, I see them like I see every other line. I like some, hate others, and will only buy the ones I want. As is, Bulkhead, Starscream and Slag are as good as bought, but the rest seem like eager passes to me.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the line. Hopefully we get to see some more prototypes, or at the least some more design sketches for the time being. Especially Ultra Magnus, Sentinel Prime, and Shockwave :D .

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're certainly not ALL my cup of tea, but after having a little time to get used to the idea, I'm looking forward to several of them. I'm actually quite impressed to see a cartoony design style applied to transforming robots, in a way that works.

Only thing that concerns me is a common robot shape in this line is a very bulky upper body and narrow hips/thighs. I fear we might see a lot of weak or easily worn out hip joints in the near future (hope I'm wrong though)

17. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Never thought about that! It makes me wonder how stable these figures will be as well. If the upper body is so much bulkier then it stands to reason that it would be heavier as well and potentially cause some issues with them being able to effectively stand in robot mode...

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I like the asthetic of the desgins. I never hated the way Teen Titans of The Batman looked. I'm see-sawing between getting all the show characters and just getting a select few (Soundwave, Blitzwing and the Dinobots).

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Absolutely love them, especially Blitzwing (finally a new toy since G1), Grimlock, Slag, and Soundwave. The kiddie designs don't bother me one bit, rather it makes me like them more because of their originality. Looking forward to collecting all of them (or just the Decepticons and Dinobots if my brother collect the Autobots like before).

20. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

How do I feel about them? I can't wait for Classics 2.0. That's how I feel!