What are Alternator KO's??? Im new to collecting.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Amazing Mutato, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Amazing Mutato

Amazing Mutato Member

Okay I have recently got into Alternators and Binaltech figures. I have also seen something called KO. What is KO? Are they bootlegs? If so are they as good as Alternators? Does anyone have any to show comparison pics?

Let me know. Any help is appreciated!

2. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

Welcome to the boards! KO means Knock Off (not made by Habro or Takara) I don't know about the quality of them, but from the pictures that I've seen of some of them they look decent. I'm not 100% positive but I think that the Grimlock mold has some quality issues with it, as well as the Prowl mold. I'm sure that someone who actually owns some will let you know better than I can.

Edit: check out the feedback forum for some reviews of the KO's http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=170203&highlight=knock

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=157462&highlight=knock

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, they are indeed bootlegs (the KO stands for Knock-Off). Are they as good? Some, from a reasonable distance, LOOK the same... but the quality is way off.

Avoid 'em, and stick to the genuine Alts and BTs!

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi there welcome to the boards!

Most TF kos are made in china. their quality are kinda hit & misses. the most recent Alternator/Binaltech ko is the Prowl remake (into a chinese police car) that one is quite ok, quality wise. but some TF fans just buy to purposely kitbash & modified them, since they are rather cheap.

You can try ebay b'coz there's alot of china-based sellers selling em'. but i'm not too sure whether you can stll get them nowadays, what's with ebay cracking down on TF kos. so just keep yr eyes peeled, maybe you can still find them at yr local dept stores. at least that'll save you on shipping costs on buying these kos.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I have a feeling you may referring to the Metals figures. I haven't got any myself, but quite a few of the guys on here have one version or another. In fact, as I recall one of our Radicons (I can't for the life of me think who) has got one of each of them and reworked them (barely) into new characters.
    As I understand it, I think on the whole they're pretty good quality, though occasionally there are bits that don't quite align properly.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Welcome to the boards. These kinds of threads go in the TF Toy discussion forum.