What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Started My Hero Academia and I'm wondering if I should start reading the manga once I finish the season.

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Konosuba's new opening is a gem. Pretty strong (and by that I mean hilarious) episode to start off the second season.

3. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Watched Sousei no Onmyouji today and finally Mayura does something useful.

4. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Narrowed down what I'll be watching this season:
    Idol Jihen's first episode was really rushed and doesn't use its inherently funny premise (idols for president!) for anything which feels like wasted potential. Not that charming either. Gets 2 more episodes to impress me since that's the Love Live standard.
    Little Witch Academia is good and fun but in addition to being another work to something that already exists, it's also retreading old ground covered by the OVAs. Would rather see new things honestly but it retains most of the OVAs' strengths and doesn't seem too hindered by a TV budget which is impressive.
    Gabriel Dropout is okay. Will watch as long as I laugh which is honestly skating on thin ice but it's not bad.
    ACCA was really pleasant and seems promising. I hope it doesn't fall flat on its face. Really enjoying the visuals and how chill it is.
    AKIBASTRIP seems like it'll run out of steam once the novelty wears off (it kind of already has) but it's energetic enough that I don't mind keeping with it for now.
    Maid Dragon is good.
    Scum's Wish is amazing.
    Seiren is good.
    Demi-chan wa Kitaranai is good.
    Continuing Sangatsu no Lion which is amazing.

this season is ok actually

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More Free!, Durarara and Yuri in Ice must be coming soon, Vic said at his panel he was currently recording these things.

6. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Berserk 2016. I can understand the complaints about the use of CGI in this version. I've also re watched the Dirty Pair Project Eden movie after several years. Not bad, it's soooo 80's.

7. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Finished One Week Friends. I think cute would be the best ways to describe this show, both from its start and as it concluded. From the interactions among the main four characters to Kaori in general there's an abundant source of charming and adorable moments to enjoy. There are a number of instances where while watching I became concerned that it could devolve into melodramatic BS, but thankfully the series either completely avoided said melodrama or reduced the lifespan of whatever issue concerned me to begin with.

The last few episodes do lose some of the feel-good nature of the rest due to the introduction of a certain character (or rather plot device) and their impact on the story, but as I said before they don't become full of dragged out and painful drama despite this. There are certainly a few other things you could criticize the show for though.

The general nature of Kaori's condition, her never getting over said condition despite us uncovering why it came about in the first place, the lack of a romantic progression for Kaori and Hase despite both of them clearly loving each other, things like that

The ending itself probably isn't as strong as it should've been as a result of some of those concerns, but there is still a level of charm to it that carries through the show's cuteness and allows it to end reasonably. With things not entirely resolved or brought as far as they should have been though, I can definitely see it hurting the show for some people. Obviously because of this it could use a second season or some sort of continuation, but for know we have what we have. And what we have is, well, pretty adorable.

8. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Finishing up Toaru Majutsu no Index this weekend and then starting Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.

9. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

Are you watching the movie too?

Seiren - Love it, but gdi, if you show 6 girls in the opening, do a route for all of them! I want more of swimmer girl and timid kouhai instead of childhood friend kouhai. Continue through it Seiren Project Group!!!
    Acca 13 - Love it, it's got this classic style and feels smooth as hell.
    Demi-Chan - good, started off real good as I was expecting more of a Monster Musume kind of thing but in HS form, which it's not.
    Gabriel Dropout - I liked it, the part with Satanica not doing her homework had me bawling (too)
    Dragon Maid - Really liked it. Especially when she called Fafnir and was disappointed afterwards. D for Dragon! ...also, did not realize that Kobayashi? was female at first. who's the VA?
    Idol Jihen is not (so far) really what I thought it'd be, but I think it's getting there. Needs more idols.
    Akiba's Trip - Electric Mayonnaise!!
    Urara Meirochou - my "they're freaking adorable and I love them so I'm gonna watch it" Show of the season
    I still have to watch Chaos;Child & I just hope the Protag is better than the one in Chaos;Head

Other than those, I finished Dragonaut the Resonance - Overall, solid series, but the ending felt kind of "meh" wasn't bad, wasn't good, it was just "okay, I guess that works." kind of thing.
    And Zetsuen no Tempest: Civilization Blaster - This one I loved through and through. the 2nd half has a little more comedic air to it than the first season, but only because of the Mage of Exodus being so pitiful and Hakaze immediately kicking him in the face during their first meeting and then asking if it was the wrong thing to do. Thatta' girl. Also loved all the quotes and how they tried to relate it to Hamlet and The Tempest.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's got a ways to go before the Movie should be a factor, since it roughly follows after Season 2 of Index.

11. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I finished watching the King of Braves: GaoGaiGar today. This Show freaking rocks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    It's one of those series that's far better than it has any right to be, that's for sure.

You watch FINAL as well, or just the series so far?

13. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

This is a really big issue, animators in Japan are so underpaid it's actually amazing.
    Looking forward to watching that when it finishes up. Is it just a 12 episode run again?

14. Stardust262

News Credits:
    I think it's just gonna be 10 again like the first season. Though there's also gonna be another OVA coming out in July.

15. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Ah, it was only 10. That's cool.

16. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Any recommendations on which Ghost in the Shell series or films to begin with?

17. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Doesn't really matter, as each adaptation of the material is its own thing. The Mamoru Oshii movies are separate from Stand Alone Complex, and separate from Arise, and separate from the upcoming live-action movie.

18. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Decided to get back into watching Fairy Tail, haven't gotten far only fourteen episodes in since last night.

19. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Ep. 39 of Gundam IBO

Arrrrgggghhhh... Iok, you f--king scumbag...
    First you start the Hashmal bullcrap 3 episodes ago and now you decide to frame the Turbines, how f--king low can you get. Oh, and screw Jasley, hope he and that idIok gets what they deserve
    :mad: 

20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Seeing Film Gold finally pushed me to get the rest of the volumes I needed:

[​IMG]