What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

Watched the first 8 episodes of Devil May Cry, looking for the rest.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of people watching "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" now :eek: . I usually don't like subbed anime or comedy anime, and the opening theme is one of the most irritating sings I've ever heard, but the series is hilarious and the animation is excellent. Still waiting for another episode with action that measures up to episode 6 (demon sisters' intro), but the recent 'monkey lawyer' episode was a high point of the series.

Debating whether to start picking up FMA: Brotherhood on Blu-Ray as a Christmas gift to myself. Just can't decide whether I'd rather spoil the manga by watching the anime first or spoil the anime by waiting until the manga wraps up and finishing that first.

I have to agree with this sentiment as well. I enjoyed the series and they did a great job fully developing the characters but it could have been cut down to 26 episodes. It would have had a much better pace and still kept most of the important characterization. When I first watched it, I was getting the individual volumes as they came out on DVD and lost track of the ongoing plot a few times because of all the padding. Probably should move this series to the top of my re-watch pile and see if going through it quicker helps.

3. Blaster

Blaster Australian Ghetto Blaster

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I did the same thing (bought & watched volumes as they were released) and also lost track of the main plot a few times. But after marathoning the series over 2-3 nights, I enjoyed it much more and the story felt a bit better connected throughout all the oler sub-plots.

4. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Devil May Cry for the fourth time, I really love that series, especially with me being a big fan of the Games/Comics/Action Figures - Anyone know if we are getting a second series?

I've also being watching a lot of Deathnote & Clone Wars (Second Series)

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Started watching K-On!. I love it, can see me myself getting addicted to the show.

6. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Finished Strike Witches, Sayonara Zetsubo-sensei, Strawberry Marshmallow (aka Ichigo Mashimaro), 3/4ths of Hidamari Sketch and the first half of Linebarrels of Iron during my long absence.

7. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

just started Xenosaga and Desert Punk.. So far so good. but I'm only a couple episodes in on both of them. will wait till I get deeper into each series or even finish them before I form a love it or hate it opinion of these shows.

8. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just finished the first season of "The world God only knows" and the ending was epic

Keima singing in his Paradise made me Rofl.....for 10 mins

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Finished up Soul Eater a week ago. Man, I really liked this series but it started getting a bit weak at the end, and then the ending itself was just... ugh. Since the manga is still ongoing, I hope one day they'll go back and remake it like they did with FMA:Brotherhood.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Finished up 2 anime this week:

There's No Way My Sister Can Be This Cute!: Was pretty good. If the main character of Kirino was actually developed earlier instead of in the second to last episode, it would have been much better. Hoping for a second season to advance the characters more.

Shinyaku! Ika Musume: I didn't want this to end. It was funny and charming. A down to earth, less wacky version of Sgt. Frog. The ending did have an open plot point, so I'm hoping for a new season.

Also watched "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya": Brilliant. Simply Brilliant. It was completely engaging from beginning to end. Nice twist to the entire thing with the reason for it explained in an easy to follow way. Great seasonal movie too, since it takes place near Christmas.

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Gundam 00 was my last foray into anime, wish they would show more middle run gundam series on local TV.

12. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

THAT is a awesome series.

Might get cracking on Genshiken or Maria Holic during the holidays. And probably re-watch Heroic Age.

13. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I've been watching Dragonball GT (out of sheer curiousity, since I'm a big DB/DBZ fan and I've never watched it). I'm 9 episodes away from finishing and while I don't think it's quite as bad as some fanboys make out, its certainly not great. Goku didn't need to stay a kid for the entire series (would have been much better IMO if the acension to SS4 had cancelled it out) and for a series which seems to pride itself on having no filler, there are certainly some boring non-eventful episodes and drawn out fight scenes (looking at you Baby saga). The Super 17 saga had so much potential but was only 8 episodes or so long, and the Shadow Dragon saga so far has had way too many comedy relief villains (although that could be said for the series as a whole).

What I will praise it for though is SS4 (never liked SS3 personally, so this is much better) and continuing Vegeta's growth as a character. He is by far still the most enduring and interesting character in the franchise.

In other news, pretty sad to see the last episode of Panty & Stocking tonight, but I'm really looking forward to it after last week's plot development. Here's hoping it has a good ending and/or potential for a second season.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm surprised theres so many fans of the DMC anime, personally I thought it was pretty meh, especially compared to what happens in the games. I know a lot of fans of it so to each his own I suppose.

Currently watching Naoki Urusawa's Monster, fantastic show, and fuck you Viz for not releasing the rest of this on DVD.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Finished one more anime this morning:

Amagami SS: Overall, a pretty good highschool romance story. First arc was iffy, but everything else after was pretty solid. The last episode though......it was sweet, but the final girl just had to go out of her way to make me not like her. YOU RUINED HIS LOVELIFE 7 F**KING TIMES?!? You had good intentions but.......7 F**KING TIMES?!

16. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Watching Digimon Tamers/Season 3.
    It's the dub, which I'm fine with. Frankly, imagining all of Antylamon's dialogue in a deep male voice makes it all the more hilarious.

17. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

is there any good series on right now? i seem to be watching my old VHS tapes currently due to the dry spell of edible anime.

18. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Going back through and rewatching Gundam 00 in anticipation of a subbed copy of the new movie which just came out. Does anyone know if there is a release of this show on Blu Ray here in the states? I would love to own it in high def and all I see is the japanese blu ray discs which I don't think would work on my player much less have english subs, correct me if Im wrong.

19. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Ditto on Kirino. Really got on my nerves at times. I did enjoy the other characters a lot though.

20. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Watching through Gurren Lagann and it's not at all what I expected. I'm liking some of it and i'll most likely watch it all but I'm not sure what to expect beyond the comedy.

Kamina is awesome though, also a Boota toy is a must :D