What animation style would you like?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Gundam Seed had terrible animation. They cut corners in every spot possible, recycled animation every chance they got, including storyboards! you'll see the same pose and action used 4-6 times just with a different mecha and background. Sunrise's glory days are long past. if they cut these kinds of corners with Gundam, the single biggest thing in all of japan, just imagine the shit treatment they'd give TF.

I would love to see them hire Aeon again. Yeah, the people who are responsible for the trainwreck of animation that was armada. BUT, actually give them a good budget, and they can do some amazing stuff. look at any time the TFs were cel-animated in energon. it was awesome. the style, fluidity, and timing of the animation was jaw dropping. imagining a 26 episode series with Aeon at the top of their game makes me very, very happy.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as traditional 90s american style and anime style, they do put a lot of detail and in some cases are well animated, but something tells me that the complicated TF designs might not animate so well and we would end up with anime stills and panning with looping lip movement all over with the budget they would get.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

How about good old fashioned anime quality OVA series. Great cell animation with DON designed characters like Mechadoom said. I think short good quality 3 part OVA's every couple months or so would make the older TF fans quite happy. They need to ride the revival boom as long as possible.

4. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Good 2D/3D hybrid like say, Oban Star racers.

5. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

hellboy sword of storms style would be awsom

6. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

My favorite TFs animation has always been the orginal Movie. I'd love a series that looked like that.

I wouldn't mind a 2D/3D cell shaded combo as long as the 2D elements weren't anime styled and the 3D elements could be animated with lots of motion and character. I thought the animation in Energon had promise, but the 3D elements were very limited in motion. If a bot needed to turn around, his whole body would turn as one solid peice. It made the characters very uninteresting. The 3D animation in Cybertron was a little better, but the characters still seemed to have very limited motion.

7. NegaPrime

NegaPrime Banned

I would prefer something a little closer to real world designs like Ben-10 animation. They do all kinds of funky, alien looking designs and they still come across as more "real" than the Teen Titans style stuff.