What and how do you display your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally am just after a g1 style collection which means I mix and match henkei + classics cliffjumper + united + device label blaster + music label soundwave + g1 + botcon Alpha trion + g1 + third party figures that appeared in the g1 cartoon or comics. I'm not after all who appeared, but most.

I display 'em by faction except for the g1 movie bots, so the g1 pre movie autobots are grouped together and then the g1 pre movie decepticons are grouped together, followed by movie autobots and movie decepticons.

I also have a special shelf for bots that are just too damn awesome to not be displayed like Tidalwave, Optimal Optimus Powerlinx jetfire x2 powerlinked with himself to make a bahemoth Jetfire, god fire convoy, masterpieces etc, etc.

Me, I'm not at home this week, so I can't take pics, but if you can, please do.

2. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

They're all in the loft, right now.

If they weren't... Picture five shelves, large enough to fit a voyager standing up.

No separation of lines, each shelf is a series of running battles between toys that amuse me. Extremely multiversal, would bug any literalist.

So, top shelf: Armada Unicron, with a few smaller toys I reckon will look boss (HFTD Sunspot, PCC Smolder).

Shelf below: G1 Optimus Prime with battle station and a few henchmen (movie Ironhide and Ratchet, classics Bumblebee, TFA Prowl) v RiD Nemesis Prime, battle station, henchmen (TFA Blitzwing, Soundwave, movie Blackout, Barricade)

Shelf below: Classics Ultra Magnus (naked) with his 'elite guard' (TFA Jazz & Sentinel, movie Longarm & Cliffjumper) v Classics Galvatron with his 'dead universe' crew (Cyclonus, Straxus, ROTF Ransack, Ejector)

Shelf below: Mixed Autobot cars (varied versions of G1 cast - Classics Mirage, ROTF Brawn, etc.) v Versions of G1 Seekers (at present: TFA Starscream, classics Skywarp & Ramjet, ROTF Thrust)

Shelf below: Mingled battle scene.

Mmmm. Time to get the loft ladder out.

3. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

I generally display mine on three shelves

Top Shelf:Omega Supreme (Power Link) RTS Tracks RTS Jazz

Middle Shelf: Assorted

Bottom Shelf: Human Alliance: Sideswipe HFTDs: Payload TFA: Shockwave

When the collection expands which it will do Friday I will need to re-jig it....

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Over all 90% of my collection is Beast Era figures (BW, BM, 10th, RH, Universe).

So with display area #1:
    TOP: Beast Wars cast, plus Animated BA.
    Levels 2-4: BW, BM, RID, ROTF, Movie 1, G1, MW, Alternator, Universe, and a few A/E/C figures are mix together.

Display area #2:
    Top: 6 Animated cons, MP con, 2 ROTF cons, 3 HTFD Vehicons, 6 BW Predacons, 1 Universe con

Second area: 2 RID bots, 1 Animated bot, 6 BW Maximals, 1 ROTF bot, 4 HTFD Maximal Wreckers.

Other room:
    By the TV I have my favorites (BW, BM, ROTF/HFTD) The BW to Movie 2 figures are basic/scouts and are non show/movie characters. Around the desk near my bed, I have Animated figures. Which are deluxe figures (Five bots and 1 con.)

5. Barry Kaid

Barry Kaid Well-Known Member

On a massive wall of book shelves, voyagers and leaders and various big 'uns on the top and deluxes and the like fighting between, on and in front of, great works of British, American and European literature of the 20th century. The juxtaposition amuses me. (All Transformers worlds mixed in together, by the way).

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've only got the one shelf for the moment, and as such the figures get rotated on a fairly frequent basis. At the moment I have MP Optimus and Animated Megs (the leaders of my Autobots and Decepticons respectively) and a few of their soldiers from several different lines.

7. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I used to keep them in separate cabinets depending on their origin and each lines appearence (for instance movie ones look great next to beast wars ones). Each cabinet had one or more big figure serving as leader. But I have too many animated and movie ones now and I will mixed them together in smaller factions.

I figure that in the comics they used to group blocky characters and curvy characters all the time so I might as well mix all the lines.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Currently reorganizing thinking of putting my G1 with my classics just to show how they have updated. I think I am going to pair them up like Bumble & Cliff, Red and Inferno, Hoist & Grapple, Hound & Trail, etc.... Then maybe make a movie shelf with Unicron, Cyclonus, UM, Rodimus, etc.. I don't that many of the G1 molds of the movie characters. But I figure if I set it up like that it will keep my collecting very focused and I will know what I am missing.

9. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I generally have them organised by line & faction, except where there's either ambiguity, not enough of a certain style to justify a whole shelf, or a lack of room to maintain the distinction.

Examples - I have HftD Seaspray with movie figures, but Bludgeon and Banzaitron with classics. My classics seekers and lone Titaniums seeker share a shelf with three of my MP seekers :) 

10. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quite an eyeopener to see just how you guys display and collect, and my hat goes off to Ironichide, really impressed with your choice of bots and the way you display...I couldn't do it, way to organised to pull it off.

11. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I have 7 detolfs that are in the middle of the room back to back in a 3x4 pattern (I need to get at least one more to even it out, thinking five more would be better). On the side with three detolfs, I display my Primes. First one has g1 Optimus and all his incarnations. Top shelf is Masterpiece, 25th anniversary still in box and original g1 with trailer set up as repair bay. Under them, I have Star Convoy, Masterforce God Ginrai and a few others. Bottom few shelves are Armada, Energon and Cybertron versions.

Next cabinet has RID prime in all his various modes. Omega Prime, Powered up Prime, regular Prime, titanium, scout etc. Under that is the Classic Prime, along with FP Powered Convoy, g2 Laser, RM Star Saber, titanium, wfc versions. Bottom 2 shelves are for movie Primes.

Third Prime cabinet has Nemesis versions on toptwo shelves. Shadow Commander, mini g1 black prime, Nemesis Breaker, Black Star Saber, Armada Nemesis, BT, RID Scourge, Alternity and the Universe Nemesis Prime (Mammoth version). Under them are the monkey versions of Prime and bottom shelf has all of the Lion versions as well as Big Convoy from BW.

On the flip side, two of the cabinets have all of my Megatron/ Galvatrons. They are seperated by G1 and wfc versions, tanks (g2, Armada, Universe), Movie, RID and Beast Machine/ Wars. One shelf has my very modest botcon collection, about 7 figures.

The next detolf I've dedicated to Bruticus and Devestator. Top is for Movie Bruticus with FP add ons, Energon Bruticus and a set of the individual bots. Next down is G1 Bruticus, Ruination, Bombshock, mini Bruticus and a ko that is between mini and regular size.
    G1 Devestator gets the next shelf, both green and the yellow g1 version, a mini green g1 and a slightly larger orange/yellow g2 ko. Under that is the 4pack Universe, movie legends, Classics and the mini Universe along with a ko of that one.

My last detolf has the top shelf dedicated to Prowl, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. In there, I have risers set up with Alts on top, followed by RID versions (including botcon for 'swipe and 'streaker), Classics and G1 on bottom. The next three shelves are all for Starscream. There are about 27 or so various incarnations of him on the three shelves.

I put the detolfs back to back in the middle so that on top, in city/base mode, I display Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega Supreme and my Japanese Scorponok. Surrounding and running in/around them are my four micromaster bases and about 200 micromasters, legends and minicons. There are also a trio of the mini fort max ko displayed in each of his three modes.

Across from them on on wall I have two glass curios that have my g1/classic collection. One cabinet has g1 autobots with their classic versions displayed behind them. On the bottom are my Pretenders along with g1 bots that don't currently have classic counterparts. The second cabinet is set up the same way with Decepticons except for the top shelf. That one is for my Blaster/Soundwave showdown. All versions of those two along with their cassettes are there, surrounded on three sides with 8x10 pictures of each.

Little further down I have another curio dedicated to Bumblebee. Four shelves with about 30 different 'Bees on them. There's also a small bookcase that has my Transformer dvd collection. Shout factory g1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Headmaster, Masterforce, Victory and Animated season 1. It also has 14 Transformer 3 ring binders which is how I store the directions for my bots, by series. Above that, hanging on the wall I have about 50 rotf deluxe and scout figures lined up in four rows.

Along the back wall there is four regular bookcases. One has the movie line. Next one has two shelves set to Dinobots. Beast Wars, RID, Universe on top, with G1, wst, Animated, Energon, Classic and MP Grimlock below. Next two shelves are for Skywarp and Thundercracker. I have about 17 of each set up to mimic my Starscream shelves. Bottom is for various jets. Next case has my remaining Energon and Armada collection, with the last bookcase going to cybertron.

The last wall has four bookcases on it as well. First one has top shelf for Hot Rod/ Rodimus with about 15 or so figures. Next down is two shelves for Ultra Magnus, followed by a shelf for five different Springers, about 12 Arcee's (along with Chromia and Elita 1 and 4 different Blurrs. Bottom shelf is for Superion (I have about 9 different ones).
    Next case has all of my gestalts. Top has Defensor, ko Defensor, Computron, Railracer, mini versions of each, Omega Supreme, and Landcross. Under that is Abominus, Menasor, Piranicon, Predaking, Liokiaser, Predaking ko. Then there is the shelf with all of the rest of the mini gestalts and their ko's. Bottom shelf is for the three BW gestalts.

The next two bookcases have Animated, Star Wars and various other bots. On the wall at the end I have hanging my collection of 18 carded Marvel Crossovers.

My downsized collection of 14 Alternators are on two single wall shelves over by the pool table.

12. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am working on getting detolfs. I have some idea of what i would do. I would have 2 detolfs. One for Autobots with Primus on the top shelf. The other one with Decepticons with Unicron on the top shelf.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a room of their own, by line and faction

14. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I am extremely picky of how I display my TFs.

First, I need to have proper spacing between each figure if they are just posing. You need to be able to look at a figure and not be distracted as a figure is overlapping that figure. So each needs proper spacing.

Second, I like to form little fight sequences. I have no problem having one guy in a cool pose, but I think it looks better to re-enact a scene.

Right now I am waiting on my KO devastator as I don't want to mess with my G1 mint Devy. Once I get him, I plan on making this shelf:

- In the middle, you will see FP Superion on his hands and knees with one hand up to the sky looking as if he is reaching out in desperation.

- On the right of Superion, you will see CrazyDevy full Devastator. His Foot is firmly in place on FP Superions back. He is bending over Superion in a mocking fashion almost laughing at him

- On the left of Superion, you will see FP Bruticus. His large gun is firmly pressed against Superions head. His stance is in preperation for the massive back kick his gun will do once he fires his shot.

That will be my death of Superion shelf. Never happened on G1, but I wish it did. Going out gangster style.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    My collection consists of every AMERICAN release series toys.

I have all of them on display in what my nephews have dubbed the " Robot Room"

I display them on shelves and usually try have just Autobots on one shelf and Decepticons on another. A shelf or two have both factions on the, but they are seperated and kept to the factions half of the shelf.
    I also keep the series together.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Henkei for the most part, still a few I need to pick up.

Shelf 1 is Season 1/2 characters. Autobots on the left, Decepticons on the right.

Shelf 2 is TFTM/Season 3. Autobots + Octane on the left, Decepticons on the right.

Over on my computer desk I have a group of Primes next to my monitor. A shelf of Mighty Muggs. And then my Starscream shelf.

17. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-collection-showcase/320599-chapsys-collection.html

my current collection setup, minus figures I've purchased recently.

In the curio cabinet are the higher end figures, like MP's and the Movie Leader class toys. On top of it are toys I really don't have a place for.
    On a 5 tier bookcase next to it are the movie figs(2007, RoTF, HFTD, HA) HA on top, followed by Voyager Autobots, Voyager Decepticons, Deluxe Autobots, Legends and Scouts, and finally Deluxe Decpticons.
    Across the room are my animated and universe/classics/generations shelves.
    Animated's shelves have my Alternators on top. Voyager and Deluxe Autobots below that, and Leader classes and Voyager/Deluxe Decepticons respectively.
    On the universe/classics/generations shelves are Ultra/Voyager class figs, followed by Legends and Deluxe class Autobots and Decepticons, followed by PCC's, and finally miscellaneous Generations figs(War for Cybertron, Drift)

I'm thinking about rearranging my universe/classics/generations shelf. I've gotten way more generations figs since these pics(blurr, kup, scourge, BiS set, jazz, and tracks) and the shelf is getting REALLY crowded.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Missing a couple recent purchases and there's a pair of my sisters figures sitting on one of the shelves. I've only just started collecting, so I've got a small number of figures. As long as all of them are visible, display doesn't matter thus far.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have two book shelves with 6 shelfs on each, I use these shelfs in my walls you could see behind my computer and i have a shelf on my computer desk.

I'm running out of room, :p 

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I have six of the six foot tall bookcases.Pretty much divided up between Animated,TFTM,ROTF,G1,Classics/Generations and MP/Misc.