What am I going to miss ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bigmak, Apr 16, 2006.

1. bigmak

bigmak Member

I'm a cassette collector, which of corse includes soundwave and blaster. You can check out my collection here:
    http://home.insightbb.com/~e_freeman/

It seems as thou alot of things are comming out that would fit into my collection, and I dont want to miss anything. I've seen the clear/white/black KO cassettes on ebay. I've read about some kind of classic series ? that there is going to be a new and improved soundwave ? some neo soundwave or something ? I've already have pre-orders out on the reissue blaster and twincast...but abit ago I was caught with my pants down when all of a sudden alot of those cobalt sentry's were showing up all over and i didnt even realize they were out. So, i was just wondering what I'm missing and whats going on :) 

ps. thanx in advance for the info

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah this fall there is going to be a 'neo G1' which will have updated G1 characters. Since we've only seen pictures online of Astrotrain and, for those who went to Botcon last year, Starscream and Megatron we can assume that they will be all based on their G1 counterparts. However, Astrotrain had a bullet train alt mode instead of a locomotive so who knows about Soundwave's alt mode.

Great collection by the way

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BBTS just announced this: SOUNDWAVE WALL STATUE WITH LASERBEAK, RAVAGE, RUMBLE: Another very nice
    release from Diamond Select Toys. We have this one listed $15 under the MSRP at $84.99. No image on the site yet, but this statue will not disappoint - Soundwave and crew are bursting from a Cybertron style base and all are sculpted in the G1 animation style.

It's a pre-order right now, no pics yet.

There's also the Baroness/Ravage statue that's uber-sweet but crazy expensive, and the solo Ravage statue that's more reasonable.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Man that's a great Soundwave collection [​IMG]

In terms of new SW's coming out other then the Cybertron one and the wall plaque I really cant think of any. I'm sure when the movie comes out we'll defiantly see him but other then that I have no idea. Might make an appearance in Neo-G1 but nothing substantial at this point although I'm really hoping.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

We should be asking you :lol 

Looks like a good time for a break now, and to feel content for a little while.
    The last new thing Ive seen for the cassettes are those clear ko's

Did'nt see the Frenzy/Ratbat 2pack in there, with the plastic feet on Frenzy.
    Sure you have it thoough, or I missed em somewhere in the pics.

That's hands down the best cassette collection Ive ever seen

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ur collection is awsum.

i want to have your cassette babies.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    wow, thats an insane collection you have there. I dont see action master soundwave and blaster in there anywhere though.

there's also BTA Broadblast, which is pretty much an alternator Blaster. of course... he's a car now.

I didnt know most of that stuff even existed. I cant imagine how hard it was to track all of it down.

I salute you, sir. :thumbs2: 

8. bigmak

bigmak Member

What about the titanium series ? i guess there is a 3 inch non-transformerable and a 6 inch transformer. Some of the pics look really cool..will they be doing a soundwave/blaster or cassettes like this ?
    -Eric

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

So far, no Titanium Blaster or Soundwave that I know of. If there was to be a Titanium done of either, I'd bet on Soundwave.

As for the six-inch transforming Titanium figures, any cassette or tape deck TF character is very unlikely, since the line seems to be focusing on mainly War Within designs, with some G1 and BW thrown in later in the year.