What am I doing wrong: THS-02

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I recently bought a THS-02 because intricate collector-y figures are kinda cool and I had some store credit.

Couple things are bothering me to the point where I think the figure may be borderline atrocious and a piece for quick resale at whatever price I can get for it, just to make it go away.

1) Do the arms peg into the wheel wells in vehicle mode?
    2) Are the legs supposed to not really peg together in vehicle mode?
    3) Are the elbows supposed to be so tight that the headlight pieces don't stay on if you bend the arms wrong?
    4) Trailer + Vehicle Mode = no way to like, y'know, peg it on or anything?
    5) Spring loaded trailer unfoldy gimmick... Works sometimes, other times I feel like I'm gonna break it.
    6) Why is it so damn hard to make the head flip up when going from vehicle to robot?

2. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Well of course the vehicule mode is not the strongest selling point of this model, but you were probably aware of that before. As for your problem:

1) Yes the arms can peg on the wheel panel, it's a bit fiddly, but you have to rotate the gray piece the wheel is attached too so the arm have enough clearance to peg correctly.

2) The legs can peg together, no issue there on mine.

3) The headlight piece do fall off sometime, but I prefer them to be "removable" than have them break on me!

4) It does peg, you peg it behind the knees, but if you have trouble pegging the legs together, it might be harder for this.

5)The gears for the trailer support can get in the wrong position sometime, but easy enough to get back right. I have no problem with the spring ramp.

6) If it seems stuck, play with the back panel, wich can open very far to clear the antena. If you forced it and the head tilted back, it can be a tight squeeze though.

3. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I can't help you, I'm sorry, but I hope you get some good answers since I'm looking to get this figure as well.

edit: FRICK!, was a minute too late.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I had some major problems with it. I had to slightly trim the arm pegs so they'd go in their vehicle mode slots, because they were actually too big to fit. then I had to carve away some of the plastic in the flap that's on his back, because it was scraping paint off his mouth plate during transformation.

and now all his tires are splitting, so I don't even want to touch him anymore.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had ALL of the exact same problems. I ended up selling mine to BBTS with a bunch of other crap.