What alternators (that aren't sold for a pretty penny) are seen as the best?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jul 31, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I really really want to get into the line..I had passed on it at retail because I had stopped collecting for a while and wasn't really wanting to get back in the hobby.

I've already found a few I like the look of, but really I have no idea where to even begin. I wanted to get Rodimus while at SDCC..but that is a story I am tired of telling (stupid Hasblow)..Anyways, was thinking Ravage, Shockwave, and Prowl would be a decent enough start (I want Nemesis Prime and Rodimus...but not at the prices they are selling at right now).

So yeah, any idea where a good place to get them is (since I doubt I will find them at retail anywhere) and who I should get?

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

actually, Ive been looking more at the Binaltech toys to fill in the many holes in my Alt/BT collection. I find that some of the BTs are cheaper than the American releases. Im not sure where is a good place to get a good price on them though. I have not done much shopping around lately.

That said, of the ones that I have that dont cost an arm and a leg, I like Hound, Siversteak/Smokescreen are the my favs. But I also dont have a whole lot of these sadly (damn distribution in my area was horrible!).

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

If you don't really have any, I would go out and look for Rollbar and Richochet. You can get them cheap and those molds are great. And like Gigatron said, it may be easier to go the BT route as some are a bit cheaper and easier to find. It's hard to really say which is the best as this is my favorite line and am so far lucky enough to have all of them (well, as long as the Rodimus order pans out).

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

the subaru mold is pretty good. The transformation on the Scion takes forever but i think Skids is one of my favorites.

Id say start with what you can buy cheap right now, that being sunstreaker, ricochet, rollbar, and skids. The colors are ehh, on ricochet and rollbar but you wont find the original molds (hound, swindle, silverstreak) for cheap.

make sure you get shockblast eventually. The rx-8 mold is flawless in car mode, and shockwave just looks so badass

my favorite is actually smokescreen, i just love all the racing decals. And he has a unique headsculpt, although youd never notice it.

OH almost forgot! check this guy out, hes got great prices on em.

www.digital-toys.com

and a tracks.........wow and for cheap

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Oh I totally agree. Alt/BT were easily my favorite line. So many of the toys are so very good. Its just a matter of taste for the most part. Although personally, I might say the Sideswipe toy isnt too hot, mainly because of the legs, and even more because I really dug the Sunstreaker version of that design.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I think Sideswipe is the weakest of the lot. His face even looks sad. I would ahve to say my favorites are the RX-8, the Jeep, and the Honda S2000. I would almost venture to say that Decepticharge is one of my favorites of the bunch, just missing the gun cannon.

7. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    The Subaru Impreza WRX is my favorite mold. The Ford GT comes in a close second.

I know where to get Alt Rumble...my for sale thread!

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Looked at that Digital-Toys link...25 bucks, about what I'd want to spend (counting shipping that is a bit more than retail).

Sunstreaker, Skidz, and Ravage are probably the ones I want most (off of there anyways)..not counting ones like Shockwave, Nemesis Prime, Rodimus etc.

I think I need to get into the Sale/Trade business...but I dunno much what I got anyone would want. Other than my movie figures (which I am holding onto) all I really have is assorted BW figures (fair few are complete or damn close, and are in fairly good condition mostly)..

9. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Skids is cheap and good.

10. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    skids and any of the Subarus are a nice cheap start, the RX8s are meh to me except shockwave but hes a bit more. if you can swing it like i did get the BT Deadend, he can be found cheap sometimes and is super spiffy in alt mode

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Deadend is the black Viper right? If so I do think he will be one I pick up whenever I can get a chance, looks nice.

12. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    yup black viper, cant speak for the Alternator version which i have in the box, but i got the BT one for cheap opened, and his Alt mode is hot, bot mod is pretty good as well

if you want to spend some money and get some cool ones Mirage is of course of the rare. but i think BT wheeljack is understated, he is is what singlehandedly got me into Alternators and TFs at all, the GT500 look is just bliss for me, and he looks like a badass in Bot mode

13. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah BT Dead End and BTA Sunstreaker are absolutely stunning in alt mode, but they're susceptible to chipping. Alt Dead End isn't bad looking either but he can't beat the BT's paint job, but better if you like transforming them as I do.

The RX-8 mould refined the transformation of the Subaru, and alt Meister is plentiful on eBay.

You have to get at least one of the Ford GTs, the car mode is beautiful and in robot mode they're pretty damn posable, although they're all so damned costly.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I still like Tracks just for the missle launchers. And Smokescreen for all the decals

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Skids has a terrific robot mode, Sunstreaker lookes great even if his leg articulation is a bit limited, and any one of the Subarus are awesome.

16. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Everyone has a different opinion. I like the Subarus, but the RX-8 is really the perfect version of that mold. The feet are so much nicer.

The S2000 mold is Track's arms improved and Sideswipe's legs improved. I REALLY like the S2000, but I think I'm one of the few.

The Ford GT is beautiful, but I don't like the bot mode as much as some others. It's.... floppy. And mine is a tight copy!

Jag Ravage is awesome and should be in everyone's collection.

The RSX is probably the most easy to change and do alternate transformations. Reverse legs, scissor (lambo) doors, doors-over-arms, etc. I didn't like it at first, but it's now my favorite to modify.

The Viper looks better with the hardtop, but I like the convertible bot mode better. With the backpack-over-shoulders mod, it's GREAT.

I'm not a huge fan of the Prime mold, but it looks MUCH nicer in black.

17. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the rx8 mold is awesome, i have jazz/meister alt. prime is ok, ravage is great. those are the only ones i have. gf has alts and BT vipers and theyre are cool, esp deadend BT. the corvette model is fun too, she has tracks. rodimus is in the mail, looking forward to him.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Skidz and Mirage are best for sure.

19. Shockwing

Shockwing Perfectly cromulent. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Mirage is a must. I also wanna give some love to Tracks. He's got a bit of samurai kibble but he's still my favorite.

20. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Mirage is Probably the best Alt mode in the entire line a must have for anyone. Alt Rodimus' alt mode, dispite being the same mold (and not seeing it in person) seems to lack a certain something, but KP Rodimus is pure plastic love (no kiddie pron jokes please). I might add some stripes on my Rodimus when it comes in.

Smokescreenand Jag Ravageare a 2 and 2a in my book. With Miester (Jazz) a close second. But I HIGHLY recommend getting 2 Miesters, and getting the G1 Reprolabels for one they really add more style to that mold.