What actress should replace Megan Fox in Future Movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Deadend, May 19, 2010.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Rumors are circulating again, that Megan Fox's contract has not been optioned for additional films after this one (or potentially even 3, but since we've seen her on set a couple times already, and the whole commentary over less tan, I'll just say 4 for now).

We've heard rumors before that her character may die.

If she doesn't come back for TF3 or 4, what actress would you want to replace her? (as a new character, or if can be, a way to make a new actress Mikaela somehow story centricly.)

Source: MICHAEL BAY’S REVENGE! No More Megan – Deadline.com

2. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Jessica biel :) 

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Jessica Biel and Amanda Bynes come to mind......

4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I kinda want them to bring in a sari like character as Sam's new 'protector' as we've seen the fact that BB has certain size issues in some locales that may need a smaller touch to watch over him.

Selena Gomez would be interesting, plus she turns 18 in July anyway and is dying to work with shia on anything. So maybe sam can actually show some onscreen chemistry for once.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Lucy Hale (II) Lucy Hale (II)
    Most recently known for starring in Sorority Wars.

I also wouldn't mind Nora Zehetner ( Nora Zehetner ) or Sarah Drew ( Sarah Drew ) both known for their work in Everwood and Grey's Anatomy.

Sasha Grey would be an interesting addition too, if they wanted to keep mikaela but not Fox.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    My pick is Emma Watson.

6. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

None.Less humans,more robot character development.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmm Emma Watson or Summer Glau (spelling). Summer would make a good bot disguised as a human (like that isnt obvious with the Terminator show she was in lol).

Eww @ selena. I dont even want to imagine that.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Bring back Rachel Taylor as that hacker chick. Then she could actually be part of the NEST team or something.

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Actually that would be a smooth move smkspy.

10. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

Actually,that's not a bad idea.I want her in.

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

You beat me to this idea by a few minutes. Yes, I like it. She'd be involved in government interactions with the Autobots by now, and has a history with Sam. You could write her in without skipping a beat.

However, it would also be nice to have some brand new eye candy. You could bring back Rachel Taylor and have another competing love interest for Sam.

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Glau is overplayed, and she's done the femme fatale action star stuff to death. Something new for her would be nice, like what she's doing over in The Cape anyway. But nah, keep her out of the TF franchise please. She's good enough as River, Cameron, and soon to be blogger. Glau would bring the film down. Gomez at least would guarantee another box office smash.
    So yeah, Glau is more ew in this instance than gomez. Gomez it'd be a new role, something she hasn't done, Glau it'd just be more of the same overused schtick when it's already been done better with her before elsewhere which everyone will compare it to.

This. Needs. To. Happen.
    Granted not a sam love interest, but would still rock since she's obviously been read in from her experience in the first movie anyway. And it'd give us bot lines and downtime as she'd probably want to talk to them to understand them, and their 'OS'.

13. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Reason i said ew at gomez is because she just rubs me the wrong way. It would also be like cyrus in all over the place. cant stand it. I cant stand gomez and i would hope they wouldnt go that route. My own opinion of course.

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

I agree entirely on Cyrus. She needs to stay far away from this franchise as possible.

Gomez on the other hand. She promotes good behaviour among girls, is careful how she acts in the public, and more. These are all redeeming things to her public image that could actually shed some good light on the franchise. As over saturated as she is on tv and in the public eye, she actually is a good role model, from charity work, to wholesome values.

Your opinion is as valid as mine, I just think with her onboard, the publicity could get a better spin than they have been getting. While her music career is iffy (I'll give you that one), her PR is amazing. This is a girl who knows how to handle fans and reporters, and keep her privacy. Cyrus on the other hand, from twitter fights, to fashion show blow job motions, not someone kids should emulate. I genuinely feel sorry for her father. Especially if the rumor of cyrus doing nude scenes once 18 is true. And this is the star parents all over the world let their kids watch. It's not like Vanessa Hudgens where it was supposed to be private and leaked, this is an actress who's doing it all in the public. So yeah, Cyrus needs to just fade away into obscurity already.

Glau also really knows how to balance fans, her life, and press. I'm just worried if she gets in the franchise it'll be constant terminator this, or serenity that remarks, and not weighting the films on their own merit.

I'd also like to toss Allison Scagliotti in this ring though.
    Her previous work includes Drake and Josh, Warehouse 13, and Smallville.
    Granted she didn't really shine till warehouse 13, but with that shine she could really give us some fun oomph in the films.

15. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yep, right up until Bay jams a camera halfway up her tiny shorts. Then it's young Disney girl ass city. She may (almost) be 18 but she's too young for the college age jiggle role.

Honestly these threads are always 99% people just naming hot actresses in whatever age range the character fits into with little regard for logic or reason.

Odds are if you know her name, she's not going to be in the film. If she's an established actress, she's not going to be in the film. What we'll get is an attractive girl with little to no experience but a few photo shoots or a short obscure IMDB list that someone will find once her name is announced.

16. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Megan Fox was established before Transformers, just not as a lead, nor as a box office smash. They didn't pick a nobody, just not an A-lister. She was a b-list star before transformers, definitely at least above C-list, but below A-List.

Odds are they'll pick someone that'll get them notice. Whether they can act or not is another question, but they will have some experience in films. A full on nobody, and no one will care. At the very least, it'll be another B-list star.

And bay never jammed a camera up Fox's shorts, just had her pose provocatively. I also didn't pick Gomez as a love interest per se, so the age range is more open to her usage with my suggestion. (which would also allow the more flat chestedness she has to work for the character.) So yeah it has logic, and reason behind it, just maybe not logic you understand as to why based on assumptions I picked her because of star power, or looks alone.

17. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, it actually happened...

I'm sad to see Megan go, but if her behavior was what caused it then I guess it was bound to happen. I just hope it isn't like Kimberly and Tommy from Power Rangers, boy talk about cop out.

As for returning actresses, Rachael Taylor is definately on my list, as long as she wants to be in the movie this time, otherwise it'll probably be a waste. And for that matter, lets add Anthony Anderson back as Glen, that would be awesome. And lets forget about the romantic interests in this movie. Romance has been done to death. Maybe if there's a fourth version and it's after a 5-year gap.

I'll probably get linched for this but Dakota Fanning was pretty good in PUSH so I'd like to see her in the TF movies.

jD001

18. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This, please and thank you. Rachael's character was much more interesting than that of Megan Fox's.

19. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Established? She had done acting work but realistically most people had never heard of her before TF. She was, by most standards, a practically unknown actress. Odds are that's what will happen again with whomever gets cast this time.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think it would the most sense story wise. Rather than dragging in some entirely new actress either, to completely replace Megan Fox as Mikela or an entirely new love interest that would basically rehash the love story of the first two first, a return of Taylor's character has a female lead and possible love interest would flow naturally from the plot of the original.

But this is too easy and too advanced a plot point for a MB movie. It'll never happen.