What about Susan Blu as Movie Arcee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot 47, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Autobot 47

Autobot 47 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've got Peter Cullen, we've got Charles Adler, unfortunately not Frank Welker - so how are the chances getting Susan Blu reprising her role as Arcee, if she's not too busy directing the voice scripts for TFA?

I'd like to hear lots of the G1 voices in the movie if possible, that'll be very nice. So what about pleading Michael Bay as a constructive proposal on shootfortheedit?

2. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    if they got frank welker for soundwave i'd be happy

3. Autobot 47

News Credits:
    Oh yeah that tooo!

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

i already love this thread. :) 

honestly I will be shocked if Arcee or Soundwave are voice by either original G1 VA's.

But then again I'm still a bit shocked by the Jetfire news. While I dont think it will happen I am hopeful.

cause it would be :bay 

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'm holding out a lot of hope for this. IMO it seems reasonable that since they didn't give him the role of Megatron, they might throw us a bone and at least let him reprise Soundwave.

Couldn't care less about who voices Arcee. If she is indeed in the sequel as rumored (or is it confirmed now?), my personal hope is that she's either blasted to oblivion within seconds of appearing or remains as a throwaway background character much like Jazz, Brawl & Bonecrusher did in the first movie.

6. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Awwwww...dang dude.....show some love for the fembots....

Personally I wouldn't mind having Sue do it....

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I still don't get all the fembot hate. I mean, if you want to be technical, masculine bots make as much (or little) sense as feminine bots do, no reason both can't exist. I mean, going by that kind of thinking, we may as well have bots that are completely neutral, being merely machines that don't lean either way.

8. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Really? Susan Blu? She works as G1 Arcee, but I don't know about Arcee having that voice in the movie. Now if she did Transmutate voice for the movie Arcee, that would be interesting.

9. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

Shes did it in animated why not do it in the movie

10. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

That what 20 years ago... She s older now and her voice may have changed... then again, Cullen s sounds exactly like 1984...

11. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    That biker chick who's playing Arcee will MORE than likely voice Arcee for the movie. I don't think Susan Blu would be a good choice this time around for Arcee.

As for Soundwave... PLEASE MICHAEL BAY, bring back Frank Welker so he can do Soundwave!!! What this movie also needs are "other" voice actors from the previous shows, such as Gary Chalk, David Kaye, Scot McNeil, Corey Burton, and others.

12. Ramulus

Ramulus Rhinox is my anti-drug TFW2005 Supporter

I'm all in favor of Sue Blu returning as Arcee! She did it in animated and with a bit of tweaking she could easily do a slightly different movie version. She has a huge history with the franchise and the fans and is a sweet person to boot. I say bring on Sue Blu for Transformers 2! (It rhymes!)

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I dunno why, but i have a feeling they'll be wanting a younger-sounding, sexier, hot female voice for Arcee. I don't think Sue Blu would fit their tastes for movie Arcee. Tho' i certainly would welcome her!

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I don't really care who they get to do Arcee's voice, so long as it matches the character.

15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Greg Berger as Jetfire chould be great with Sue Blue as Arcee.

16. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a rumor that Milla Jovovich was going to voice a Transformer? Did that rumor turn out false?

17. Autobot 47

News Credits:
    Yeah okaaay, I think I head over SFTE and make a proposal to Mike....

18. valkfan

valkfan Autobot Special Ops

I agree with you. Come on Bay, bring Frank Welker in for this one. And don't put his old cartoon tracks over the movie images because it will always sound like crap. Record his voice now(THX style) using the vocoder and put it over his Soundwave's movie incarnation.

19. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Listen again. Culllen sounds great in the film, don;t get me wrong, but he DOES NOT sound the same as he did in 1984. Seriously, watch a G1 episode, then watch the film. You'll hear a much deeper and more baritone Prime. But man am I glad they used him though! Welker not being used was kinda a bummer, but if Cullen wasn;t voicing Prime, it just would have been weird!

As for Sue Blu? I couldn't really care less. She cracks me up on the TF:TM 20th anniversery edition DVD... she seems nuttier than a shit-house rat! (I mean that with love of course)

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    One thing before arcee it would be total bull if frank welker doesn't voice soundwave.And second this has been on my mind lately wither susan blu could reprise arcee to be honust I don't think she should BUT I wouldn't mind if she did.