What about Soundwave??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Sep 13, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm starting to get worried about whether or not we're going to get a Soundwave in the Classics line; so far, hes the only one from the original rumored lineup we haven't had any confirmation on since. Even the two "to be announced" figures were revealed to be Ramjet and Cliffjumper (both in Kickback's report, and pics Ramjet's proto were recenly found)... but still no news on Soundwave.
    Why is he the only one we haven't heard or seen anything about yet? You would think an iconic character like him would be a shoe-in for a line like this... could it be he got dropped from the lineup??

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I see what you're saying, and I agree to a point. I think we'll see a Classics Soundwave. It might be that they're keeping him underwraps the best until they release pics of him themselves. It's possible. I also hope that he has at least a Laserbeak with him. Peace out.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd give it a little longer before starting to get worried. It took awhile for protos of anything to be leaked, maybe Soundwave's design is under super top priority secret or something (riiiiiight) But seriously, I still think Soundwave is on the way.

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Maybe, just MAYBE, we MIGHT get a glimpse of him at Botcon? *crosses fingers*

I cant say as I'm fond of the Titanium SW, I sure hope Classic SW is mucho better than that one.

5. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i'd imagine, we'll know one way or another at Botcon. Rember, at least as far as i know, Soundwave was ONLY rumored, never confirmed ~ it could be that it was a mistake picked up from the titanium version...

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soundwave and Jazz will make my Classics collection complete.....that and a trailer for Magnus....

7. artiepants

News Credits:
    i've said it more than once, but i'm still really surprised that they didn't do Ironhide and Ratchet: Both DESPERATLY need an update, would work great as a remold, are BOTH featured in the upcoming movie are fairly Classic characters with lot's of fans ('toon Ironhide and comic Ratchet) ~ much as i like all the molds, these 2 seem to make more sense to redo than say Mirage who just got a ckick ass Alternator and has a great Robotmaster version available...

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most definately. But Mirage rocks, and was in Season 1. That's like saying that Optimus has an Alt. so he shouldn't get a Classics toy.

And don't worry, they will do Ironhide and a remold as Ratchet, or vise-versa. Either way, you'll get one without him being seat-face.

9. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

*crosses fingers that there's less seat and more face*

10. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, but seriously, at least Soundwave has had Machine Wars and Cybertron. Ironhide (the name) was in RiD and Energon and had an homage with Energon Towline. Ratchet has Universe Ratchet.

Trailbreaker has a little, gummy eraser-like decoy and a near homage with the RiD Ironhide spychanger. I think he's about due for something awesome.

11. artiepants

News Credits:
    well, Cybertron Overhaul was supposed to be Trailbreaker, ad he got an JPN Convention reissue.

and swindle stole his Alternator body...

12. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    He did? When did this happen and where can I find a pic of him...or is it just his G1 reissue?

I knew Swindle and Overhaul were supposed to be TB but that reissue is news to me.

13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

2000 or 2001, I don't recall which. He was a convention exclusive in Japan. It was just a straight reissue.

14. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    Convention exclusive? Well, that's better than nothing. Still not a general reissue (like you can get it at TRU, Wal Mart, and Target) but beggars can't be choosers. Still, a classics TB would reek of awesomeness though but it probably won't happen.

15. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Hey!! Don't you remember the awesome black Dodge Ram Alt that was a SDCC exclusive?? He was one of the best Trailbreaker Homages I've seen.

Oh...wait, he had Prime's head didn't he? And he had Decepticon symbols I think. And didn't they call him Neme...somethin'-or-other?

Stupid HASBRO!!! Perfect oportunity WASTED.
    Thank the Matrix for reprolabels.

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I actually think it's kinda comical how many times Trailbreaker has been shafted in one way or another. First his Spychanger body was stolen by Ironhide. Then his Binaltech body was stolen by Swindle. Then that body was re-released, as an Autobot..... but it was given to the obscure throwaway character Rollbar. Then a truck mold appears that seems to have Trailbreaker written all over it, with its high shoulder pylons, its hood chest, and the wheels on its hips..... but oops, trucks don't sell well in Japan unless they are named Convoy. Sorry again, buddy. And then a tough black truck shows up in the live-action movie..... as Ironhide. Ha!

It is kind of becoming a running joke. I think they should just keep it going in the Classics line: release a black 4x4 truck with a camper cab and a forcefield generator, but call it.... Brawn! Or Nemesis Hoist! Or, even better, a completely made-up name. Deceptitruck, anyone?

TFU.info describes Trailbreaker as having low self esteem. Poor fella... all this can't be helping. :) 

(As an aside, though.... TB should at least feel honored that some people love him so much that they're willing to rip apart an expensive, convention-exclusive toy just to have an unofficial version of him.)

17. butz

butz slippery when wet

All the Trailbreaker love aside, I don't think he has anything to do with Soundwave getting a Classics figure.

18. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

So is he supposed to still be a tape player? I can see the kiddies scratching their heads at his alt mode.

19. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    eh, just make him an MP3 player with little memory card that turns into Rumble or something.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd assume Botcon will answer the question pretty conclusively, either in a display case or a Hasbro panel seminar. The classics line is short-lived enough, it's likely we'll see all the molds, and maybe all the repaints, that will be released (if we haven't already, that is)