What about Devastater in the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusdestruction, May 14, 2007.

1. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    He wouldn't even have to be a combiner. They could totally make him bad ass just being some sort of huge mobile machine. So what could they make him in the sequel? Giant bull dozer? military vehicle? I think there are many possible avenues for him. Or should he just be left alone as a combiner? Let me know what you guys think and dump all of your ideas for an alt mode.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
  3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd LOVE to see Devastator in movie 2 or 3. I'd be really interested to see how they'd handle a combiner, but I could also live with him just being a huge transformer on his own. Ooooo....

4. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Err, what would the point of Devestator being there if he wasn't made of Construction machinery?

Because of that, he wouldn't work with the movie aesthetic either, that's whatm ade him cool and the movie aesthetic doesn't use large, recognisable vehicle parts.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think a combiner is completely feesible and Oddly bonecrusher already seems to look like the middle of a devestator sandwhich :)  he barely has legs and he has a huge upper body and 4 arms (2 front 2 on the back ) that look like the could attach to other robots

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I fully expect to see Devastator in the sequel. He will be the Decepticons' ultimate weapon, maybe he'll go rogue and they all have to work together to stop him, something like that.

Unless they want to keep that last bit for when Unicron shows up in Transformers 3.

7. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    i can't believe it,,,i totally thought about one of those big bastards! that would be so cool!!

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
  9. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Nah, they could work. It all depends on how the plot and direction works it.

Say if some Cybertronian mad scientist... say Shockwave uses the allready inputted sparks of scrapped TFs to graft new warriors.

A team of three, barely sentient but strangely well coordinated construction vehicle Decepticons who have the hive mind of Devastator.

They allready HAVE combiners with the Blackout - Scorponoc combi after all. This is only one small step beyond it.

10. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    [​IMG] how about this???

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I think a team of three, straight up construction vehicles (as opposed to the all military, save for barricade/frenzy, decepticon line up now) that can combine into Devastator would be awesome in the sequal. They could build up to him(no pun intended) by revealing each of his combiner parts one at a time through out the movie, with Devastator being the final conflict to be over come. It's be a great way to step things up for the sequal without being too repetitive or going to overboard.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I had started drawing a movie style Devastator based on the Leibherr T 282B, but then I read that Devastator is supposed to be appearing in the movie game.

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    If he can't be a combinder than no devasator at all

14. Exitspeed

Exitspeed Well-Known Member

How about Nissan 240sx's as Junkicons in a sequel? I think it would be cool. But I like 240's.

15. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Just to clarify, I do want to see the Constructions, just not with the current movie aesthetic.

I am absolutely sick of people saying "Keep X out of the movies!". Some people honestly just want to strip everything that made the soul of Transformers and replace it with empty special effects.

16. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

I'd love to see a huge devastator, and like a 20-30 story building as metroplex to fight him!

17. dbec1

dbec1 Well-Known Member

I cant see anthing other than GM vehicles ever being used...I would like to see Devastator, but I would bet that we'll see a fire truck and more Airforce(MV-22) hardware for TFTM2

18. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

I imagine if this movie does decently well every car company, perhaps even BMW and VW will come forward wanting their cars in it.

Come to think of it, Inferno would be an excellent choice for the sequel. He's a relatively unknown bot that still has quite a lot of visual recognition. For me, he'd have to look a lot like the original though, I loved his design.

19. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    since when?

20. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i agree with ironhide2005