What about a sequel ????

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by vektsilver, Sep 2, 2010.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

So guys I dont know about the rest of you but I really did like the single player campaign. It wasnt perfect and some things made 0 sense in the continuity but a sequel just begs to made here.

Which would you do a prequel to what is essentially a prequel with WFC or would you pick up the story of autobots from right after they left iacon. Keep in mind you dont have to follow Optimus and crew to earth there were many other ships one of which leads to the planet cosmic rust comes from no doubt.

This however could cover a very large gap in the story lines and maybe even include some cross continuities.( Beast Wars ) It would be interesting to see what High Moon could get done with a Transformers story that is based on earth or other planets. Really open up the possibilities for different scenarios. I just want to play as Hound and do some halo like driving. It would be interesting to see them take specific episodes and turn them into game chapters and maybe even play as a human character like Spike when he is on cybertron looking for Cybertonium. It would be cool to see Shockwave towering over you .

However in another direction you could go with the Prequel and bring up things such as the beginning of the TF revolt from the quints which leads to factions maybe even throw in some transorganics in there. You could do the origins of omega supreme and the also the constructicons. Orion Pax anyone ? the end of a mission for megatron could lead to that scene where optimus is rebuilt by alpha trion. Also for some of you fans of the original 13 how about a "the Fallen" episode .

Based off all the story lines in the TF world we need more games based on the Transformers that care about the story as much as WFC.

2. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either the part that leads Autobots to Earth or a Prime videogame.

3. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

Yeah that would be cool ... or they could even go the extra mile and do a "Shattered Glass" game story.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would continue the story where War For Cybertron left off.

Rather than starting with the Decepticons first and the Autobots last, I’d flip the order, and I would also try for a darker ending, Empire Strikes Back-ish.

Many Autobots have already left Cybertron, but many more have yet to leave, Optimus and the game’s mainstays are still on Cybertron waiting the completion of the Ark, so why not start there? War has ravished the planet. The number of Cybertronians dwindles, and those that remain live to be another day’s fodder. Cybertron is in the throes of death. Energy and supplies are scarce, and their culture, what’s left of it, is deteriorating faster Optimus and Megatron’s former friendship.

I think it’d be fun to have a story in which the Autobots are charged with the duty of gathering the final supplies necessary to exodus: historical artifacts, documents, metals, energy, fuel, POWs, etc. The original cartoon spent about 5 minutes on Cybertron, which is fine, as I know the goal was to get them to Earth, where a majority of the story unfolds. I understand a number of you can’t wait for them to get to Earth, but I guess I’m part of the minority, as I want to see Cybertron a little bit more—it still has story potential.

Now would be a good time to bring in Alita-1, Ultra Magnus and their respective entourages. We all know they’ve always been around, so why not introduce them now?

There’s plenty that can be done on the Decepticon’s side of the story too. For reason’s not yet explained, Megatron and other key Decepticons were unable to assist Trypticon, so why not explain it? As Dark Energon wasn’t an exciting part of the story for me—it made key characters act out of character or at least play their cards a bit too soon, IMHO. Borrowing a bit from the book and/or expanding on it, why not take the opportunity for Megatron to see the error of his ways? He assured his soldiers that Dark Energon would put them over the top, but in the end, it ruined them and their world. Megatron and company can blame it all on Dark Energon all they want, but I’d like to see how Megatron emerges from this blunder, stronger and more resilient than ever before—Starscream too.

There are other Decepticons that deserve some camera time too, namely Shockwave! Moreover, why not take the opportunity to include characters from the Japanese series now—High Moon Studios doesn’t have a problem with adding characters that weren’t in the original show, so why not add other more competent soldiers? I hate seeing the Decepticons portrayed as thugs.

Anyways, seeing a story where the Autobots succeed in getting the things necessary to leave and the Decpeticons picking themselves up from the floor and in hot pursuit of the Autobots is a story I want to see. The Decepticons kicking the Autobots chassis across the galaxy until they all crash land on earth, would be pretty sweet.

5. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
  6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    As far as a sequel, I'd like to see them to more on Cybertron before the launch of the Ark. Maybe have the entire game be about finding enough energon to full the Ark (Autobot campaign) or the Nemesis (Decepticon).

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Have it like Beast Wars, once the majority of the Autobots have evacuated Cybertron.

I agree, a sequel is a great oppurtunity to introduce the larger cast seen in the DS games. Jazz, Shockwave, and Arcee need their screentime. I'd love to see the Dinobots, Rodimus, and Cyclonus in a sequel.

8. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

prequal: it could be about how megatron became evil and how optimus prime became himself to stop him and the final fight on decepticons could be megs vs prime and the final autobot boss could be trypticon vs omega supreme (both in beta mode so both of them shut down)

sequal: autobots could be first where they are protecting cybertron but many more characters (u.m hot rod arcee springer etc) then they finally leave decepticons could be about fighting the autobots then following them when the autobots leave