What About A G1 Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Hantage, May 12, 2009.

1. Hantage

Hantage Master Of Destruction

Well I just watched a series on Youtube of Transformers G1 accurate paint jobs but in animated style!

It would be good For The 25th Anniversary!

What do you think?

2. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

I say make G1 in the same style as Batman: The Brave and the Bold

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Just to clarify since your title & post are a bit confusing... are you suggesting they should do the Animated characters/designs/etc. in an old school G1 style?

4. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    If they make a UNIVERSE or G1 show it should be a smiliar style as the original G1 but updated animation STYLE!! no to the Batman Brave and the Bold and no to the ANIMATED style and no ANIME esq style. I dunno its hard no adays to describe a good animation style because most suck lol just wish it would be and updated G1 esq animation style

5. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

If you want to watch G1, go and watch some videos or DVDs. Why remake a production when it already exists and you can make a new one? Animated is great because it's fresh and different, not because it's G1-2.0.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always thought of Animated as G1. I know its not G1 exactly, but with all of the G1 references be it character designs, familiar voices, colors, music etc., it's hard to think of it as anything different.

Transformed

7. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Animated is not G1. all the references and nods to previous stuff are just there to say "hey, you remember this, we do too," etc... Why can't Animated just be Animated without having to be G1?

8. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    I agree with u!!

i dont think its we want to see a G1 exactly like G1 i think its we want a new show that gives us G1 characters, themes, designs, voices that are pretty much similar to G1 just acontiniation almost with new stories and bots etc etc. I just really want somthing that can last more then a couple of years. Rather then coming out with a new show each year or so get everyone together for one awsome show .... have ratchet retell stories from the Wars somthing cool like that thats why i love animated its diff but old at the same time

9. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Animated has MORE than enough G1 and Beast Wars reference for my liking. I'm actually starting to wish they'd cut it out and give us more references to the other aspects of the mythos (RiD, Unicron trilogy, Bayverse, even Gobots) and more new characters.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I agree! Just acknowledge there are alot of Autobots in the fight, and have them in the background, but only focus on one or two special bots per episode..

and if it continues from Animated/uses the Animated style, that would be an instant win to me..:) 

11. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually have been thinking a lot about animating the 'missing season' between season 2 and TFTM... it would look something like this:

YouTube - unicron

Still a LOONG way to go, but with fluid animation and a decent plot it will look good for sure.

12. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I think my babelfish just died.

What the hell are you talking about?

Are you suggesting that a G1 cartoon is made in the same style as TF:animated?

or that TF:animated is remade using G1 colours for the characters?

Please clarify what you're suggesting?

[ETA] are you talkingabout these videos on youtube?

YouTube - TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED G1 STYLE VOL.3