What a DAY!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Oct 20, 2007.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Wow. It has been awhile since I've had a day like this. Run, run, run, RUN! I had to run errands after dropping my truck off for regular service. So many places to go, and things to do.

I received in the mail a few days ago a flyer for a dealership I've gone too for the possibility of winning $7,500 or other prizes like vacations or other goodies. I scratched of the participating game piece and had three in a row. So, I went over there and looked into what I might have one. I won, by chance a vacation for three days and two nights to a resort in certain cities. I'm going to go to Sedona in early April next year and kill two birds with one stone. I'd be driving there for a Ridgeline Owner's Club meet and I'd have a place to stay.

On one side trip, my Mom and I stopped by an estate sale and didn't notice any signs on the front door and another man ahead of us went right inside. In our area 90% of the estate sales are held inside of the house, so we followed suit. Once inside, there was a high-end TV over by one wall, a box full of books and nothing indicating a sale. Out of nowhere ran in an English Bulldog (like Colossus from Van Wilder) and bumped my leg. Immediately, I looked away from the dog put my hands up and stepped back. That is what is recommended by dog trainers. My Mom screamed and was ready for the dog to bite me, right as the smartass owner ran inside to coral the dog and snap at us for being inside.

Well, dumbass, you didn't have any signs on the door or have it locked. You didn't have arrows in the front yard indicating the estate sale was in the back yard or that your dog was a danger to others. So, I didn't bother looking and went back to the car.

I later picked up the truck and the day was uneventful except for finding a delicious place for pizza. Mmmm, good.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, it must be worth it for the trip you won, at least. I get those things in the mail it seems like every 3 weeks.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Make sure you read all of the fine print. There's always catches to those resort prizes that can really screw you over.

4. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

One time, they sent out keys to a car, this was like back in 1996 for like an oldsmobile cutlass, and you had to have the key that turned the ignition and start the engine, you had 2 hours from like 6 - 8 pm in the showroom at this dealership....I stayed the whole time and this girl won it. She was so happy....it was great. she was ugly tho.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Their just Junk mail.

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I get those all the time, and I think the winning prize by default is the trip.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Must have been Jim Click. Congrats.

8. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Actually, pscoop, it was Precision Toyota.

9. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    No one commented on the near dog bite? ;) 

10. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Sounds like you had a pretty amazing day. Especially the almost nearly possible dog bite.

11. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Proof positive that dealerships sux. See even when you ain't shopping there, you still almost get bitten in the ass......

lol.

Stealerships, good for two things, overly excited hot chicks......and lukewarm coffee.

12. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Not Chapman Honda where I take my Ridgeline for most service work. TERRIBLE coffee, and lukewarm service. The hot chicks are the ones who drive the new Civics.

13. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    dude u almost got bit by a dog that must have been tramatic and there was no hot girls there that day did suck but at least u got a free trip