What 3P Deluxes are $100?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Aug 10, 2012.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Never fails: whenever a Deluxe cost thread opens there will be people who try and discredit complainers about whining about a $2 price increase but chooding to buy $100 3rd Party Deluxes.

The other issues (and validity of each) aside, I'd like to know what 3rd Party deluxes are $100? The only 2 that come to my mind are Ironhide and Ratchet- and they are more Voyagers than Deluxes.

Not that I've done a great deal of research on the subject, but it seems to be that the average for a 3rd Party deluxe is around $35.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PE Arcee has less mass than an average deluxe figure and it's $100

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Warbot Defender is worth the $100 price tag.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just Perfect Effect's RC bots are $100 for about deluxe size without factoring the aftermarket. FP, MK, and TFC are the ones that have released the most stand alone figures so far and they've all been $70-$90 for voyagers sized stuff.

Giant is more deluxe sized and come in two packs, which puts their prices around $60 each bot in a pack.

Hercules bots come individually at around $90 a voyager, probably less now that the aftermarket has fallen on them.

Fansproject have two voyagers at $70-$80. The upcoming Assaulter is more of an Ultra and will retail for $90. Their Insecticons are the closest to deluxe size and they retailed for $50. Stunticon's remain to be seen, but supposedly going to be $50. Their crossfire stuff came with a lot of extra combining bits for Colossus and they were scout sized for $50.

The prices are more comparable to importing Takara's stuff, which pretty much nulls any price argument. Especially if you buy Masterpieces, botcon sets, or club offerings. $90 Deluxe Sideswipe is right in the price range too.

5. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Perfect Effects stuff has always been a higher price than the other main players, but I've never felt ripped off buying their products.

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

The only 3rd Party figures whose original price was $35 or less that I can think of are the iGear (and Maketoy) Mini-bots. Everything else has been more, whether scout sized, deluxe, voyager, or otherwise.

7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

yeah warbot is only deluxe height but when you handle him he is definitely worth that $79 original MSRP. the materials, fit, finish and design are WAY WAY WAY in a different league than a hasbro deluxe. handle one and i dare you to say different! i dare to say it will stand up to takara's mp sideswipe in terms of the quality of experience it is to handle sucha toy. aftermarket and recent prices of 100+....i'm not so sure though.

PE arcee can go screw. lol. thats a $60 figure MAX selling for $100 IMO

8. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

Munitioner and Explorer comes to mind, I know they werent $100 when released but try and get one of them now and pay less than $100. The set together now goes for anywhere between $200-250, could prob get it cheaper from a board member though.

9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

Those were $50 (aftermarket prices shouldn't be discussed IMO) MSRP, but i'd say those were large scout class toys, not deluxe sized. same with teh insectininjas.

10. Scaleface

Scaleface Banned

News Credits:
    You see I'd more willing to pay a lot for a third party toy like a Hercules member, RC or even Sonicron than for yet another bayformer.

Also, there are pleanty of semi-3rd party KO types like CHMS Sunstorm or Black Starscream that cost from $20 to $40, which I love!

11. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The PE Motobots are $100 from North American e-tailers only. You can get them from Robotkingdom for around $75 ($90 shipped). Even then they are still expensive considering what the other 3rd Parties are doing.

12. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    What are 3P deluxes?

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    :peoples: 
    From the very original post:

3rd is short for third, just in case.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I factor in quakity as well. NO toy is 100% perfect, whether it be stress marks, sloppy paint, loose joints, etc but to be perfectly honest most (definitely not ALL) of my 3rd party figures, deluxe or otherwise have pretty damn great quality. Even my TFC Constructicons haven't needed any of the major mods (yet). Nearly every Hasbro deluxe I've bought in the last year has felt like a complete ripoff because of their current design and material standards. I'll gladly pay more for what I feel is a better overall product.

15. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Nobody is complaining about 3P prices because we all know why they are what they are.

Hasbro can spread the cost of a $100,000 mold, man hours, paint masks, etc over about 8 bajillion copies of the same toy, so each toy only has to cost $15.

Stumpy Joe's 3rd Party Robot Jamboree, Inc. has to spread that cost out over maybe 10 times less copies of the same toy, so each copy has to be maybe 10 times more expensive.

16. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

There are still some places you can get it for $50 or combo of $100...just got to know where ;) 

17. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uhhhh mind if I inquire where?

18. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

TFSource just has warcry and acestoystore has both for $100. TFS and Aces...I'd better get some love! ;) 

19. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! =)

20. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only bought the Ultimate Form Backpack set for Magnus, and I'd have to say I did feel ripped off. Paid a bit too much for too little, but I figured I'd give it a shot. The Ejector's paint apps were messed up. The Sun Blade had QC where a misaligned pin was stressing the plastic horribly after *ONE* transformation attempt. Thankfully TFS had little issue replacing my figures.

What do you expect when Legends-scaled targetmasters sell for 30$ a pop? Honestly, Crazy Devy and PE have the most obnoxiously overpriced items out there. Headrobots really pushes it too tbh.

A 10$ difference... Look at Fansproject deluxes, except for the heavily die-cast Warbot Defender, they net around 50$ MSRP when they're in-stock at most retailers here. For 100 bucks, you could get a TFC Voyager-scaled figure, or the iGear Ratchet, Ironhide, or hell an MP Seeker clone!

I'd be interested in the RC vehicle... but only if it were 60/70$ on sale. Simply not worth the 100 stores ask for here. Or 90, or 80.

Now don't get me wrong... PE makes neat little products... but again, they're grossly overpriced for what they are.