WFC vs Prime aesthetic

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Stygimoloch, Feb 17, 2012.

?

Prime or WFC aesthetic?

1. Prime

65 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. WFC

46 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. Both appeal to me

108 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Both but Prime a bit more just because Blue Arcee and Slenderman Soundwave are awesome charecter designs.

Though i like WFC Megatron's design way more.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I actually prefer the FOC Megatron's body, but I HATE the FOC head. Slap WFC head onto FOC body, and I LUV it.
    But I do love them eeeeekwaaaalleeeeeee

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but I don't see how the Prime style's broken up at all! If anything they are some of the smoothest degisn I've came across in years! The broken up aspects belong to the Movieverse. Again having them be COMPLETLY G1 doesn't always gurintine sucess or praise. It came sometimes come acorss as generic. I'm not saying that WFC is bad in doing that but it makes them seem a lot more clunky looking when compired to Prime's more streamlined look. The thing is that the Prime Stlye take the realsitic look and feel of the movies with the character and proprtions of Animated and make them into a unique style. I also don't see how the are disproprthined at all. They look much more realsitcally proportion then Animated.

Again the Prime style has MUCH more expressions going on with them in case you wern't looking. Starscream is the best example of this for he shows plenty of emotion with his face. The same goes with Arcee and Ratchet. I'm sorry but when it comes to expressions Prime does win hands down. Prime's not a video game which means that it has more time to work on the expressions.

Okay so WFC also has other refences not restricted to G1 but the desgin on the other hand the blocky and clumbersome look shoudl've been reserved
    for characters that are large and clumbersome like Grimlock and Trypticon

The Prime Starscream is no different true but he does plan his trachery more carefully for he knows that Megatron will kill him. His desgin reflects his personalty as a snake like backstabber which if it doens't work for you that's perfectly fine but it helps bring him character. The WFC Starscream while being dangerous isn't too careful though.

I do agree with you on Prime Arcee and her toys. Of course Animated Prowl has a very good toy too

I never said that the WFC style never has emotions. I was just saying that Prime has expressions going around a lot more which does give them more life. I mean look how much emotion that was out on Starscream,Arcee,and Ratchet! That to me brings more emotion and character then the WFC style.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You don't notice that Prime Bumblebee has the same broken chest look as his movie counterpart? If you compare that to other designs normally the hood is left as a solid piece. I do like that it's more like just the front bumper so it's smother against the chest and not the entire front of the car sticking out from the chest, I just don't like that the front end up broken into pieces.

As far as Bumblebee's toy goes at least with the first addition version there's actually a reason the front of the car needs to be broken during transformation but for all the movie versions it's really unnecessary and he looks a lot better when you skip that part of his transformation.

The WfC/FoC designs aren't even completely G1. The only time I really want completely G1 figures is when they're intentionally meant to be more screen accurate versions of G1 characters.

There's nothing realistic about them. The movie designs aren't realistic either because there's too many moving parts during transformation, throw a monkey wrench at them during transformation and that would pretty much stop the entire transformation mid way. The detail on the movie Transformers was realistic meaning you can't tell when the real vehicles are replaced by CGI but Prime does not have that realism. The details are nearly non existent. It looks like a CGI cartoon. In fact the animated proportions actually hurt the realism the most.

As said above about the broken look how can not see that they're disproportionate? Starscream is a freaking twig that feels like he would break in half if I look at him the wrong way. Bulkhead has stumpy little legs. Pretty much everyone except the girls and Bumblebee have Animated style chins and to make it worse Eye brows bigger than their freaking heads. Prime and Wheeljack actually don't look bad with their face plates on because for some reason that seems to make their chins look smaller and covers up the lack of detail on their faces.

That was my point exactly. It's really the lack of detail on their faces that hurts them. What expressions they do show seem more subtle than they should be. If they had proper faces it would show up a lot more.

Also people seem to think the eye brows being so large helps the expression. I think just the opposite. Unless it's a hand drawn slap stick style cartoon giant eyes like that just don't look good and aren't that expressive.

They're not really that blocky. FoC Optimus Prime is but the WfC version is a bit more stream lined. Bumblebee is actually a lot smoother looking than his G1 design design while still retaining a G1 head and rather fat build. They actually do have some improvements to G1 if you look for them.

The only Starscream I really felt was completely stupid and incompetent was G1. Sense Armada he's been a much come compelling character. Well Energon doesn't count because he could even remember his own name at that point.

Prowl had a nice vehicle mode but because of the Animated proportions he suffered from giant chin syndrome. Actually if there was a different head you could swap out with Samurai Prowl and still be able to transform him that would be an awesome toy. There's nothing else wrong with him except for the stupid chin. Would like a more G1 Prowl head but I get the feeling that would turn him into a Prowl bobble head if it doesn't fit properly.

I know what you meant. I was just saying that WfC is limited by the fact that it's a video game not because of the designs. If you gave the WfC designs to Prime's animation team they'd show the same amount of expression if not more. It's not the designs that are expressive, it's the animation. You can have the exact same design be more or less expressive depending on how good the animation is. Think about Optimal Optimus from Beast Wars. That design shouldn't be expressive but is because of the animation. Imagine that same design if it used the animation from Cybertron. He'd be stiff as aboard. Actually better example. Any of the Decepticons between Armada and Energon. The CGI from Energon wasn't as good as the hand drawn versions of the same character designs in Armada.

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I wasn't quoting you...

Were you paying attention?

6. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I like both. WFC seems to be more heavy duty design wise.

7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    The poll that we've concluded was bias.....?

8. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, look at all that bias towards "I like both"

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I love'em both...some bots look better in one or the other, but I enjoy them all. :thumb 

10. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    (Sigh) How many guys who "DON'T" like SHREK-FORMERS are likely to browse through this section to vote in this poll?

It's naive to think that every SHREK-FORMERS hater comes through here to vote. Hell I'm only here to state the obvious.

The people who love "Prime" and hate FOC are present...

Even people who like both are present...

But people who wouldn't be caught dead in this section but like FOC...?

The defense rest.

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Here's a thought, make this poll yourself in the Videogames section. Easy. Honestly you're too ignorant to argue with. I value your opinion as much as I value the opinion of a sea turtle. I won't put you on my ignore list because frankly your posts are hysterical in the same way that an armless chimpanzee is, but seriously, just stop posting in the Prime forum if you hate it that much

Also Shrekformers is dumb and you should feel bad for trying to get it to catch on

The prosecution rests

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Has the Imperial Magistrate reached a verdict?

13. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Magistrate throws the case out on lack of substantive grounds for action and fines counsel for both parties for wasting the time of the Court.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    So, death then?

15. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Just give me a flattering tombstone.

I DIED FOR THE PEOPLE

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Would you like it next to Sentinel's and Megatron's on the bridge in Chicago? :D 

17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Wow what did armless Chimps ever do to you?

On that note you and can no longer be friends.

Good day sir.

18. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

Well, if the number of movie haters that hang around the movie forums are any indication...

On the actual subject of the poll, can't say I really care much for the WFC/FOC look. I don't hate it, but it doesn't really tickle my fancy, either.

The Prime aesthetic appeals to me a fair bit more. It's not my favorite, but it's not bad.

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Agreed

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Been reading the last couple pages and "SHREK-FORMERS" what the hell is that? I don't see any Transformers that look like giant green ogres. I don't really like the designs of Prime but really a nick name like that should represent something about the designs you're trying to make fun of like Fatimus Prime from Energon AKA the Megazord knock off or Bayformers. What the hell does Transformers Prime have to do with Shrek?

As for why people who like the video game but hate Prime would be doing in this section. I'm here because even though I hate the designs and not too impressed by the series so far I'm still a Transformers fan and I always save final judgments for a new series until it's over. If I just decided to hate it right off the bat and never watch another new episode again I'd be no better than the Geewhiners. A better question is why wouldn't a Transformers fan be browsing this section?

And obviously you're browsing this section even though it sounds like you hate Prime and "wouldn't be caught dead in this section" yet here you are. What's you're reason for being here other than to troll? If you hate it that much then don't post here. If you are going to post here then don't say stupid things like you wouldn't be caught dead in this section. You have to be in this section to post that so it's just stupid as hell to say it. There's some times a fine line between posting an opinion about not liking something and trolling. I think that comment pretty obviously crossed that line.