WFC vs Prime aesthetic

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Stygimoloch, Feb 17, 2012.

?

Prime or WFC aesthetic?

1. Prime

65 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. WFC

45 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. Both appeal to me

108 vote(s)
    49.5%
  1. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Since these two seem to be the main points of source for the Aligned continuity, it seems fair to compare the two. So which do you prefer, the retro-ish look of the games or the heavily stylized look of the cartoon? Both appear to take aspects from the movies (the general look of Prime and the complex character models from the games)

While I love both, I actually like the video game approach more (though the presence of noses on robots still confounds me...). It seems much more befitting a tale about ginormous robot war. The bulkiness and design of the bots just appeals to me.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I really don't like giant arms on the Prime designs. I 'm also not fond of the curviness of the TFP designs but it does make them feel more alive.

So basically, I like the WFC style designs better.

3. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I like them both equally.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    As much as both ashetics are awsome in thier own right I'm going with Prime without a doubt. The Prime style took what I loved about the movies and Animated and made them into soemthing VERY appelaing to me! Also that they have more expressions on thier faces and such. While WFC is just yet another style of G1 with almost expressionless faces. It's just the Prime astheitc for me has more original ideas intot he stlye going on with taking aspects of other contuunitys while the WFC style on the other hand is strictly G1.

5. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The amazingly expressive faces alone make the Prime aesthetic look leaps and bounds better than the WFC look.

6. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Both are awesome in my book.

7. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Ghgsdkfjhgaskdykyuiewrg why u make me chooooooooose- Oh wait there's a third option.

8. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I prefer the WFC/FOC aesthetic.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Prime for me. I'm not really fond of the overly blocky robots or box-on-wheels vehicle designs of the games.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    WFC/FoC. Those designs are so mechanical, yet so colorful with strobe lights.

Prime is too smooth.

11. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

i'm buying most of the prime toys so far, but only getting shockwave from the generations line for sure. I think he will look really cool next to PRID Soundwave and Megatron. He doesn't have a lot of the stylish curves that the PRID figures have but the way his body tapers from his chest and shoulders down to his thin legs and his wings make me think I could possibly shoehorn him in.

I think I have to say i'm more fond of the prime aesthetic. it is very smooth and very streamlined...and also the alt modes and bot modes just look much more appealing to me.

I think a TF Prime Jazz would turn out much better than I feel the FOC Jazz turned out. And I am not referring to his toy but also his game model.

12. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

I like both but FOC is a step down in my opinion.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime, because the designs are more varied. Every FoC design seems to be SUPER OVERLY BULKY BADASS LOOKING DUDE

14. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I adore the WFC aesthetic, but Prime is just as awesome in a different way. Basically, my two favorite styles ever are running concurrently and that's awesome.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Prime for me. I really strongly dislike the WFC aesthetic, it's probably my least favorite aesthetic incarnation of Transformers, like, ever. I find the designs ugly and repetitive in the shapes used, and the proportions looks dumpy and swollen (not to the level of the Dreamwave marshmallow-bots, but getting there).

Having said that, I sort of like the Tron-lines on them, and there are a handful of designs I like well enough (Soundwave and Shockwave are fine, and Swindle is looking pretty good). And I'm not a fan of the smooth, noseless faces on Prime, I wish they had a bit more definition/detail. But of the two I'd still pick the Prime aesthetic.

Animated still beats them both. :) 

16. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

Yeah when I got the game and I played breakdown, he looked like he can take the hulk and win.
    Aniwunner:p 

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Cybertron games have the superior aesthetic without question, to my eyes.

Also I don't feel they have anything from the movies aesthetic. They look as far removed from that style as physically possible.

I do enjoy Prime as well but I would jump for joy if season 2 of TF Prime changed to the Cybertron aesthetics. Obviously that will never happen though.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I like them both. For example, Bumblebee looks really good in WFC, Optimus looks really good in Prime, and Cliffjumper looks great in FOC and Prime.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them both, but strongly prefer Prime over WFC/FOC. The faces, the robot modes, it all works so well. I feel like they're advanced robots. The WFC aesthetic makes me think I'm playing as solid hunks of metal that walk around.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hahaha, I guess so!

Although I've still bought all the WFC toys, and will probably continue to do so. It's a sickness. :)